Wikimania 2019 uncensored

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Wikimania 2019 uncensored

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:02 pm

Wikimania 2019 will be the 15th Wikimania conference from 14th to 18th August in the Stockholm University in Sweden.
We will use this topic for our comments and remarks. And this is No Safe Spaces. We don't resect wikipedia's Safe Spaces Policy or the ToU of the foundation. Everyone is invited join and spitting, swearing and kicking is allowed and welcome.

Because this must be a hard topic what is meant to shine the light of scrutiny into the dark crevices of Wikipedia and WMF and its related projects and to examine the corruption there, along with its structural flaws.

Stay tuned! :mrgreen:

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Wikimania 2019 uncensored

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:14 am

I suggest WMF to invite CrowsNest as a keynote speaker about harresment and sending the rest of the crap "Safety Experts" simple home. Or put them in the audience so they can learn someting as far as posible with there limited brain capacity.

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/vie ... f=19&t=608

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:37 pm

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 18#p245960

O yeh, Sjoerd. In 2010 he came in with a group of other guys die niet als een ander zijn, as we say here in the region. Sjoerd was obesely a experience user who started to work on his own name as you see in his user history. And Sjoerd made just like the rest of that group where he to belongs what we call een bliksem carriere. A lightning career. The whole group where in no time sysops, Sjoerd became a Arb, a steward and is now a WIR.
And that whole group was spoiled by aunt Sandra with trips, meetings, visits to all kind conferences. They gave useless wiki lessons in institutions and university's whit zero result and so on, and so on. But when Sjoerd became a steward Whaledad voted against him because of his extreme poor performance in arbcom. And Sjoerd was a Arb in the arbcom what fucked me total, the picture of the parting arbcom including Sjoerd you can find here in the Dutch section.

Wikipedians and Wikimedians is not the same and Sjoerd is a wikimedian. Sjoerd seems to me a very good willing, nice person with his cat he dearly love, but just like TBloeming and Jurgen-NL it is absolute clear it is complete insane to give Sjoerd high position after high position what he simple not can handle, because all this guys are simple minded. Most times his rapports about meetings are about the trip and the food.
What is very sympathetic about Sjoerd he is at least honest and one of the few autistic Dutch editors who wrote on his users page he is autistic. Because this is something where I blame Sandra serious for, not warning me these guys where autistic when I got in trouble on Wikipedia.

To a journalist in 2015 in the periode of the Erasmus price she told all these guys where autistic as hell, but not to me. And I got realy in trouble because I simple didn't understand what was going on.
Now I understand there was a powerful group create out of autistic users how needed a special treatment as safe places where I didn't fit in although I was a much better editor.
And these are the things I hope they end up in a newspaper as a huge scandal, Sandra.

Because I was all the time right but you and your friends chose to fool the world with Pirate Flags and I was trolled out by the chapter group whit a SanFanBan. Or do you want to denier that, Sandra? Alway welcome here to tell you side of the story and have fun there in Stockholm!

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:25 am

Just an aside: ever noticed that the only people who ever give a damn about Wikimania meetings are the hardcore WP insiders and WMF employees? A large number of whom have their travel and lodging paid for by WMF "grants", of course!

Here's the 2019 program. Note that they expect only about 1200 attendees (probably won't get that high), and the schedule is loaded (as usual) with jabbering about how "multicultural" they are. And how great the "Wiki-Life" is, and how nothing bad ever happens in Wikiverse. (I've already proven that the WMF can say all the internationalist crap they want, English Wikipedia still dominates their internal politics.) Lies and more lies.

https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Program

Admit it, you twats: you are a cult.

For attendance figures on previous meetings, see their self-serving WP article., the largest chunk of which was written by Wikimedia UK cofounder Mike Peel. Note that the largest attendance was the 2014 meeting in London; it's been declining ever since.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:26 am

Must be a cult, yes. Or a sekt. Because only a complete blinded person or a complete lunatic can be so foolish to run a American based Common Law project on a EU/Dutch server in a Code Napoleon European legal system with many European participants. And try to "solve" this problem by waving with pirate flags in the Euro Parlement. A fantastic spending of the donor money I have to say.
And to troll the one who noticed this out with a SanFanBan with your Trolling&Sucking team because otherwise you editors who are niet als een ander get unrested. They need rest, rest, safe spaces and Dipiperon and Risperdal. Have all the medicines passed safe the customs in Sweden, guy's? Where all medicine passports OK?

They can better spend there time by give a course how who to bake a cake with a file in it there in Sweden if ever, ever get public what the community's have done with there freedom to build a encyclopedia on a good faith principe. The scandal will incredible, indescribable. Be prepared if you name appears in the headlines, what for sure will happen!

Because Crow is complete right, the communetcy's have made this tremendous mess, not WMF. The wikipedians and the chapters have misused there freedom and the donations in a unbelievable way. No, not Jimmy and WMF did that, you guys did. I held them in no way responsible for the whole situation.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:56 am

I'm sorry but you are speaking utter nonsense. Perhaps you were taken in by the false claim that this is somehow an official statement by the WMF! It is not. It is a recommendation by a community working group with very little staff involvement. The idea that we are going to discard the classic notion of an encyclopedia and universal knowledge is ludicrous. Never going to happen. The WMF is not supporting such an idea. We are a diverse and open community, and a group of people (largely community members) got together and talked among themselves and came up with some ideas that simply aren't going to fly. Blaming the WMF for this is backwards - they have merely facilitated a strategy process which has come up with many recommendations, many of which aren't ever going to happen (for better or worse - better in this case).--Jimbo Wales (talk) 10:18, 13 August 2019 (UTC)

Hear, hear! Exacte the same I was claiming. Don't blame WMF or Jimmy for the most crazy and lunatic ideas what never, never will fly of the community's and there crazy actions like SanFanBanning serious editors in favour of guy's die niet als ander zijn.

Well spoken, Jimmy.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:31 am

ericbarbour wrote:And how great the "Wiki-Life" is, and how nothing bad ever happens in Wikiverse.
Oh I don't know.......
There is conflict in de-WP; constructive dispute or harassment - sometimes it's hard to tell. The existing community as well as new contributors complain about rude communication online and a lack of efficient regulatory mechanisms.......To make constructive conflict possible again, I would like discuss our new multimodal approach with the community to improve conflict management onwiki.
........but..........
no filming or recording, please
:?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:37 am

I think some of the topics would appeal to quite a few of the en.wiki crowd. I mean, this sounds right up their street, right?
Most importantly, this session seeks to draw attention to the use of alternative materials by economically disadvantaged women and girls in place of menstrual pads. Objects like rags, pieces of foam, kerchiefs, cotton wool, etc., which women improvise for lack of access to sanitary pads could be the leeway to infections and diseases, therefore the need for an incisive advocacy campaign and awareness creation.
Smart move imho. Wikipedia, in partnership with Bodyform.

Keeerching!

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:16 am

Slowly I start to understand why every relation with a woman of these guy's who are not like anyone ends up in a fiasco. Often they are living in a not chosen celibate and I understand exacte why. And also why the only woman are attracted to this bunch of wikifools are not the top segment of there female gender pool....

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:41 am

Here's a couple of talks that will surely calm the en.wiki traditionalists.....
* Let's completely change how wiki links work
* Let's completely change how templates work

One for the management ;)
Challenges when going on photo walks

2008 called, it wants its movement strategy back.....
WMF Growth team: what we know about newcomers and how to nurture them
Spoiler alert: nothing, and with software

I don't know about you people, but I AM READY TO FEEL SAFE...... :lol:
Welcome to "Thriving in Safety"
WOOT WOOT WOOT RROHH RROHH RROHH

Honestly, Wikipediocracy would actually get somewhere if their recent ragging on the incompetence of the WMF Trust & Safety Department actually focused on stuff like that, the message it conveys to anyone attending that stream looking for signs of a professional and serious department. Show that to Vigilant and co., all they're gonna do is make jokes about what the author looks like.

I'm glad I checked the description of this session before I booked my plane ticket
Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge. That's what we're doing. Except we’re not...
because of course it is only about the lack of oral history type content, not any serious examination of the question, have we actually produced a summary of human knowledge, or are we even close to doing so?

This should also get the en.wiki crowd pretty steamed.....
Universal Code of Conduct
The workshop thus calls for active participation from the community members to come and take part in the discussions and help frame the behavioral standards that would guide Wikimedia projects and the communities for years to come.
Number of attendees: ~40
From a HTD perspective, it looks like this is the only session of any use.....
Characterizing Wikipedia Citation Usage
Hence I doubt there will be anyone there, and the records of the presentation will miraculously somehow get lost down the back of the sofa.

The en.wiki separatists might not realize it, but it's shit like this that they really need if they are going to survive. If they destroy the Foundation, who fulfills this critical role? Mendaliv?
Understanding content moderation on English Wikipedia
The tasks of monitoring for and removal of content that violates Wikipedia’s guidelines is carried out by the community of volunteer editors. This study, conducted by researchers at the Berkman Klein Center, seeks to aid in the Wikimedia Foundation’s understanding and public discussion of Wikipedia's content moderation systems.........Ultimately, the findings from the project will help the Wikimedia Foundation to identify the strengths and weaknesses in the community’s efforts to moderate content. It will support Wikimedia’s efforts to educate lawmakers about the scale and efficacy of its community-driven model of removing harmful and illegal content. It will also provide a benchmark which can be returned to in order to better understand the effects of content removal laws and other regulatory trends on these community processes.
Here's a session for Dysklyver.
Do we need a global dispute resolution committee?
Should cause some fireworks back at the ranch.
In recent years, we have seen several onwiki conflicts between and within communities of different Wikimedia projects without local dispute resolution mechanisms. It sometimes happens that local administrators are not capable of handling such conflicts, especially when more than one Wikipedia project is involved. In such cases, users on Meta-Wiki are called for help, including the global community through requests for comment or users involved in global administration like Global Administrators and Stewards. However, most members of these groups are acting more on the technical side of the projects and are not focused on resolving disputes.

Several attempts to create any such body where harmed people can go to and ask for help, have failed (see m:dispute resolution committee and linked pages). One of the reasons for that is a lack of common understanding when and how any such body should work. We want to bring people together who help us discuss whether or not we need such committee and how and by whom it should be shaped to respect the needs of local communities but be effective for conflicts which affect more than one wiki or local ones that cannot be solved by administrators alone.
Here's one for Fram, if he's not too busy this week. Don't think he has much going on.
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Languages/A_wealth_of_opportunities_hiding_in_plain_sight
Spoiler alert: If we have commons and Wikidata, do we even really need Wikipedia?