Riding the Wave of Bullshit: Reddit-banned.....

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Riding the Wave of Bullshit: Reddit-banned.....

Post by Strelnikov » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:21 am

.....for a week. Read about it here. I have four days left.

It's not an actual tragedy, but more like that time James Alexander's pants split when he bent over to pick up a fork at the Chinese buffet.

(Composed while listening to this for no good reason. This is better to listen to.)
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Riding the Wave of Bullshit: Reddit-banned.....

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:25 am

It's most likely that one of the nolibs idiots is "stalking" you in there and posting shit reports to the administration.

All you said was "Spez is going down". That could mean he went down on his mother or something....

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:54 am

Strelnikov wrote:It's not an actual tragedy, but more like that time James Alexander's pants split when he bent over to pick up a fork at the Chinese buffet.

Still sorry for that guys of Hawaii Hilton who gave Alexander that $15 discount check for the buffets there. I mean, if the had known what a tremendous lost the restaurant have made in that week he was there of course they had charged him double.
And he guy, are there already around LA eat as much restaurants with a picture of him with a red cross by the entrance? Because if Alexander has been there only the tables and chairs are left I have understand. if you are lucky.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:22 pm

ericbarbour wrote:It's most likely that one of the nolibs idiots is "stalking" you in there and posting shit reports to the administration.

All you said was "Spez is going down". That could mean he went down on his mother or something....

But it was in a thread where they were commenting on a photo of angry guys in some Muslim country holding a sign which read BEHEAD REDDIT. This is why I don't think it's NYPD-32, the member of the Crew who stalked me one day because his butt is too large for a cop car....I think that Huffman has a 'bot in the system that sends him anything where he is mentioned and a list of banned words are in the same sentence. Couple that with it happening in a "quarantined" subreddit and Mr. Paranoid steps forward.

You said it a while back - there needs to be a book on Reddit, but all the real important people have signed non-disclosure "agreements." This era of Silicon Valley nonsense will be ending in a few years because it's unsustainable; it would be nice to get a book out before everything shifts.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:15 pm

Reddit may resemble Quora, only Quora has one strict policy: BNBR, Be Nice, Be Respectful. And then to survive there, one needs to understand that enforcement is by paid staff, and the volume of complaints is enormous, so they have, perhaps, a few seconds to decide if an Answer or Comment violates policy. They will not investigate the history. The will only look at the comment itself and how it appears. In other words, the real rule, in a practical sense, is "Do Not Look Rude." They do warn before blocking, and they start with relatively short blocks, before banning, at least usually. So learn or be banned! (And it will commonly look very unfair! I was blocked for quoting what another had stated about himself. Unfair!!! He was an asshole!!! OMG!!! But ... once I realized the system and how it worked in actual practice, this was simply the natural consequence of not thinking about how it would look to a clueless mod, overworked and underpaid. Ah, that troll! He was actually blocked before me, and apparently when he came off the block, he complained, the timing was right. But so what? He doesn't matter at all and I think he's gone.

The Smith brothers have been known to file voluminous complaints. Admins will tend to think that voluminous complaints indicate that something must be bad or wrong. So if one is involved in controversy, understand that one may need to be very careful about appearances. Enemies will use them and can lure admins into blocking.

I would not use Reddit for any serious content creation. It's a social media site, full of trolls, but also many nice people. Arguing with trolls will irritate everyone, I recommend against it. I point out throwaway accounts when they troll, that's about it. Where a significant issue is raised, I might address it. I do not attempt to match their extensive verbiage; if I need to add detail, I don't add it on Reddit, but may link to it. See http://coldfusioncommunity.net/reddit/2019-september-2/