Discord

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Anyone
Sucks Critic

Re: Discord

Post by Anyone » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:59 pm

Breaking News

Over on Discord .....

Zoloft wrote:I remember times when folks mostly got along at WPO. We had a well-knit crew at times. The ones I miss as active participants are Eric Barbour and Andreas. Rock stars. Ideally, we'd live in a world where people moderate themselves, so their voices don't exclude others. Sadly, we don't live in that world.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:13 pm

Anyone wrote:Breaking News

Over on Discord .....

Zoloft wrote:I remember times when folks mostly got along at WPO. We had a well-knit crew at times. The ones I miss as active participants are Eric Barbour and Andreas. Rock stars. Ideally, we'd live in a world where people moderate themselves, so their voices don't exclude others. Sadly, we don't live in that world.

Crow wrote:Oh please. Whose to say you're not the Disco-Wiki Fairy Godmother, mentor to the shadowy Princess, the true origin of her sweet nothings whispered into Juice's ear about what's best for this place?

Secret forums on top of secret forums, that's always been your bag. Plots and back room deals. That's the Wikipediocracy way. Take the worst of Wikipedia, and make it even worse.

I think Zoloft has the philosophy if active participants and Eric Barbour and Andreas. Rock stars, don't come back to Wikipediocrazy, well I bring Wikipediocrazy with all it's secret forums plots and back room deals to them. With the help of Abd in his Discord tree house and the whispering shadowy Princess and the Juicy Sweety.

Seldom in my life seen such a foolish behaving and Idiotery. But you was a professor, wasn't it, Zoloft?
And, did they had a playground with tree houses there on your university?

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:17 pm

Stanistani wrote:I stay out of trouble on the Wikipediocracy Discord by not posting much, I usually just read. I believe I'm Level Two, which translates to 'has a pulse.'
Not quite. "Exists," assigned by bot is the status of anyone who shows up with a Discord account that is not banned. Exists has access to the Vetting channel to request access to the rest of the server. Then if someone shows up who is recognized as Not Totally Crazy or even is Totally Crazy but Interesting, or even Totally Crazy but not very harmful, they are given Level 1, which allows access to General and four other channels. Then Level 2 has substantially more access. I would have assigned Level 3, which gives a little more, but I could not find your user name in the member list. If you left the server, it erases you from that list and erases all privileges. But come back and verify this here and I'll assign higher privilege. I will not go to more than Level 3 without consulting others. It's actually an amazingly open and diverse community, learning to create civil and productive discussions.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Anyone wrote:Breaking News

Over on Discord .....

And I miss Kohs, Dan Murphy, and Kelly Martin. But life moves on.

RfB

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:53 pm

Abd wrote:
Stanistani wrote:I stay out of trouble on the Wikipediocracy Discord by not posting much, I usually just read. I believe I'm Level Two, which translates to 'has a pulse.'
Not quite. "Exists," assigned by bot is the status of anyone who shows up with a Discord account that is not banned. Exists has access to the Vetting channel to request access to the rest of the server. Then if someone shows up who is recognized as Not Totally Crazy or even is Totally Crazy but Interesting, or even Totally Crazy but not very harmful, they are given Level 1, which allows access to General and four other channels. Then Level 2 has substantially more access. I would have assigned Level 3, which gives a little more, but I could not find your user name in the member list. If you left the server, it erases you from that list and erases all privileges. But come back and verify this here and I'll assign higher privilege. I will not go to more than Level 3 without consulting others. It's actually an amazingly open and diverse community, learning to create civil and productive discussions.

Discord is a gamers thing for young gamers, Abd. it is not a serious forum, it is a game in the games.
It is realy nice stuff, good engineering, but for........kids Abd.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:39 pm

And YOU, sir, are the person who handed Wikipediocracy over to "Tarantino", one of the most secretive people I've ever seen online. A guy who only uses TOR to access the internet, out of extreme paranoia and in the classic Wikipedia insider manner. HE started back-stabbing and purging the hardcore WP critics, thus leaving it open for notoriously abusive Wikipedia admins like Beeblebrox and Rambling Man to show up and pontificate (and spew their usual halfassed propaganda).

I did not do this. YOU did it.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:59 am

Wow. I'm literally being stabbed in the back and purged by the very person you appointed as a mod, and you're acting like you don't even see it.

Tarantino looks positively ethical compared to your guy, and you know I'm talking from direct experience. Or maybe you don't.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:14 am

Breaking News

Over on Discord the mighty TDA hammers the mighty Mr Lomax ....

TDA wrote:he's overbearing, arrogant, uncivil, and hypocritical

Wow. Just wow! Will Mr Lomax fight back or will he flee into the shadows with his tail between his legs. Only a brave man would take on TDA, but is Mr Lomax the man for the job?

TDA's declaration of war has the potential to become bigger news than FramGate. The world is watching!

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:12 am

Anyone wrote:Wow. Just wow! Will Mr Lomax fight back or will he flee into the shadows with his tail between his legs. Only a brave man would take on TDA, but is Mr Lomax the man for the job?

TDA's declaration of war has the potential to become bigger news than FramGate. The world is watching!

Should it Any? Bigger than Framgate? :roll:

Is that possible, Any? :?

I don't think so. :mrgreen:

Well, let me tell you one thing. If Guido is right and I think he is right the fight over who has the highest tree house on Discord will be nothing and soon forgotten. Really nothing.
And yes, Crow is disapointed. But that is in no way necessary because Crow has done really a great job.
He gave us a really unique inside view in the deep sewers under Wikipedia and I want to thank him for that.

Because he didn't only gave me/us a deeper insight what is the true behind the wiki community's, no, he gave also all the free loaders who are now complete locked up in Wiki Hotel in California a great hotel tour. They all know now where they are locked up in.

Count your blessings if you have never have accepted one of there nice paddo-stroopwafel what Romaine was offering on ever international wiki meeting. Count your blessings, count your belssings every day. At least, that is what I do every day. Thank the lord on your bare knees if you are now standing outside that kut hotel and are only watching till the flames come out of the roof. .

And I tell you why. (Thanks for this link, Vig)

Has there ever been a consultation at what an appropriate level of fairness is? Not to my knowledge, and I would argue that the community at large is neither qualified to, nor the appropriate body to, determine how the platform provider - the WMF - conducts investigations into how its platform is used. Just off the top of my head, our T&S processes are heavily informed by our legal obligations to involved parties - what happens when the community !votes that we must, say, publicly explain all bans, which we can't do due to those legal obligations? It's certainly understandable that community members would want those ban explanations, but it's just not gonna be able to happen. That's one example, but it's not the only element of our process that is informed or determined by things that are outside of the community's..."control" isn't quite the right word, maybe "authority"? And I don't mean that in a snooty, "You can't tell us what to do, how dare you!" sense, but rather in the sense of "we have obligations in these cases beyond 'do what the community !votes', and those obligations will exist no matter what the community !votes." I'm not saying that our investigation decisions can never possibly be reviewed by anyone, ever - I've seen some people arguing for some sort of appeal body, and that's a totally valid suggestion - but having the community try to set what does and doesn't count as due investigative process for us isn't going to work, imo, because we have obligations to parties other than the community. Kbrown (WMF) (talk) 18:44, 11 October 2019 (UTC)

Because what is Karen Brown saying.

*"Has there ever been a consultation at what an appropriate level of fairness is? Not to my knowledge, and I would argue that the community at large is neither qualified to, nor the appropriate body to, determine how the platform provider - the WMF - conducts investigations into how its platform is used."

>She is saying in a lady like very polite way just fuck off, wiki community. Our platform.

*It's certainly understandable that community members would want those ban explanations, but it's just not gonna be able to happen.

>Of course not. Why? Because a SanFanBan is a matter between WMF and the person who is banned, the communety is no party to this.

*..........because we have obligations to parties other than the community.

>Exacte. They have nothing to do with the wiki community's. Realy nothing, whatever Timmy and his friends are saying.

But she is saying even more:

On the topic of "due process", I want to stress that that's a jurisprudential term not equivalent to "fairness". It has a definition in courts of law, because the courts recognize that if society is going to do state-sponsored violence to someone, there are certain standards the state needs to meet before it can legally do that. This is not that. There's lots of legal precedent showing that when the outcomes are less extreme, the requirements for due process are correspondingly not as high, and that exactly what due process requires is something to figure out for each unique fact pattern. We definitely believe that the way we handle complaints should be fair, which is the ultimate goal of due process as a concept...but we're a privately-owned website and we're not inflicting violence on anyone. The most severe measure under this policy is the Foundation as owner banning someone from using our privately-owned website. On top of that, Wikipedia itself has a uniquely good, complementary system for reviewing complaints because everything someone has posted on-wiki is saved in archives and everyone can easily see a person’s history and postings exactly as they looked at the time they posted. That all means that legalistic "due process" is not always going to be the right standard for us to use before we, you know, ban someone from editing an encyclopedia or dictionary or whatever. Kbrown (WMF) (talk) 17:53, 11 October 2019 (UTC)

*"On top of that, Wikipedia itself has a uniquely good, complementary system for reviewing complaints because everything someone has posted on-wiki is saved in archives and everyone can easily see a person’s history and postings exactly as they looked at the time they posted. That all means that legalistic "due process" is not always going to be the right standard for us to use before we, you know, ban someone from editing an encyclopedia or dictionary or whatever".

>Ahhhhh, here we are. Everything is stored my friends, don't tell us bullshit. In the wiki history, the wiki history what is now dammed by every guest in Wiki hotel California!
Because that is what will bite them in the future!

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:38 am

Graaf Statler wrote:
Anyone wrote:Wow. Just wow! Will Mr Lomax fight back or will he flee into the shadows with his tail between his legs. Only a brave man would take on TDA, but is Mr Lomax the man for the job?

Should it Any? Bigger than Framgate? :roll:

Is that possible, Any? :?

I don't think so. :mrgreen:

Hey Graaf -- I was only joking!

I can't comment on Crow right now as I have him on ignore. He started having a mental breakdown a couple of days ago.

So where are your photos? Could you PLEASE post a few in your private Graaf Statler thread. I'd really like to see them.