Discord

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Abd
Sucks Warrior

Re: JzG accusing editors of being Kumioko for asking questio

Post by Abd » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:07 pm

Kumioko wrote:Just so everyone knows I read this, I responded on Discord.

And just so everyone knows, I blocked Kumioko on Discord (which is personal, it is not a site block), so I don't read his responses there unless someone asks me to, and nobody has, and when I block a user, I always inform, not to irritate, but I consider it a courtesty. If you want to contact me, you will need to engage someone else. I use the community as a filter.

I do see responses to his flood of posts, but Graaf, whom I have also blocked, is also a flood-poster.

Finding a post on the Discord server is difficult. There are no specific post links AFAIK. To refer to a post there requires knowing the channel and the time, and I think Discord shows local time for the user, so it should be translated to GMT. Then the one using it needs to translate that to their own time. Kumioko, when not blocked, is free to PM users here, and he has wasted most of his allotment with comments that might be much better sent as PMs -- or passed up.

On the WPO Discord server, one also needs channel access. The mess over Kumioko (Reguyla there) was moved by the owner to the flame-wars channel, since it was garbaging up General. flame-wars is Level Two.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:10 pm

Very, very useful a forum where you doesn't read half of what is posted, Abd. : :roll:

Maybe you can also put black tape on the articles in the newspaper you don't want to read. :mrgreen:

It seems to me a family Kerensa thing, Arthur welcomed also his father there.
For the fun, they are all clever peeps.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:21 pm

Sounds like Discord is exactly what I thought it was - an alternate IRC.

The general public can't read it, conversations are ephemeral, and participation is highly restricted.

Pointless.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:25 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Sounds like Discord is exactly what I thought it was - an alternate IRC.

Yes, with a modern skin, emojis, and IP hidden.
Perfect for #flame-wars , so the forum is not clogged up with that.

Abd: I suggested too boosting Any to level 2.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:55 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Sounds like Discord is exactly what I thought it was - an alternate IRC.
The general public can't read it, conversations are ephemeral, and participation is highly restricted.
Pointless.
It is like alternate IRC, but much better and more accessible, with an ordinary web browser. If I want to publish something, I don't use it. I use it for conversations, and the WPO Discord has multiple channels, sorted by access Level. Level 4 is only readable by Moderators. It's fairly easy to get Mod, though, just don't shit on the carpet.

Graaf Statler, at various times, has been tolerated. Lost puppy syndrome.

On the WPO Discord, at least, it's a bit like RatWiki. But, remember, there is a higher level than Mod, Admin. And the Owner has all privileges. So it's like a salon, in someone's home or other owned location.

It is very much not pointless, for people who are working together. Lonely trolls, sure. Completely useless. But trolls can participate until they get so boring that even the extremely tolerant admins decide to ban them. I can ban, as a Mod there, but I don't do it very often and generally warn and discuss first.

More often, if I find someone's postings a waste of time, I block them, which means I don't see them. It's like Foe on this site, there is a message that a message is hidden and I can choose to read it or not. Sometimes I do read these. Blocking is not a promise not to read. I read some. It's not reliable, so if one wants me to read something, using an alternate method is recommended. I will not generally respond to a blocked message. Unless I feel like it. This policy saves me from endless conversations with trolls.

We have people with a wide variety of political positions. The only ones who get banned are those who insult everyone, generally. Don't like it, start your own damn Discord server. Some servers are full of idiots fully expressing just how idiotic they are. I leave those servers. So what?

The WPO Discord can look like that, at Level One, because just about anyone is admitted to Level One. Nobody is forced to read Level One. In fact, nobody is forced to read anything.

The conversations stay there for a very long time. But it is a hot medium, designed for chatting, for sure. I just looked at the Vetting channel (which people can edit if they "exist" and that role is added by bot) and was able to scroll back to 5/21/2019, which may have been when the server was set up. Or not. It is not designed for research like that. Neither is Reddit, nor is Quora. (which is a site I use for long-term content creation, or my own blog or wiki.)

So CrowsNest will stay away from the Server. Crushed, we are. We should re-examine our entire philosophy of being, because we have obviously Failed to attract the center of the universe, the Mainstay of Sucks.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:01 pm

JuiceBeetle wrote:

I just did it, as soon as I identified the account. I'd have taken them a bit higher, but ... discretion is the better part of valor.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Re: Discord

Post by Kumioko » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:36 pm

Discord offers a lot of positives over IRC, including being able to see discussions later if you log out rather than the way IRC does it.
#BbbGate

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:02 am

Kumioko wrote:Discord offers a lot of positives over IRC, including being able to see discussions later if you log out rather than the way IRC does it.

Discord is 100% designed for gamers, and has nothing to do with any serious discussion board. It is designed for peeps whit a mind setting of 8 till 14 years old with all it's levels and "secrete " spaces.

It also fits in the minds of peeps with a mental defect like out top sysop we have here, because he is creating all kind of "secret" topics here too, just like Jake does on WO.

He himself admitted he is for 90% not able to follow the discussions. It seems to me he is a mod on WO too.

Well, it seems me clear why WP has sysops like Fram and Drmies beside this kind of catastrophe sysops like him. And why it is such a mess.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:13 am

JuiceBeetle wrote:

OK, I set up an a/w with the username: ffffffffffffffffffffffff

I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

1. A kind-hearted soul politely explains why everyone else is autistic and has a mental defect. Wonder who that might be!

2. Kumioko is complaining about his WPS block and the evil Mr CrowsNest.

3. TDA observes that Guido's theory as to Fram's identity is absurd. Graaf disagrees, and informs TDA that both he and Guido are high class.

4. No one seems to understand the role of an Executive Producer [re: the Russian Bride]. Guido told me himself over on WikiRev the role was mostly honorary and didn't require him to put up any cash.

5. Oh, btw, fuck off -- you're all autistics.

6. Dysk and Embyln respond with sniggers and drivel.

7. Seriously, WTF am I even reading this?

8. Finally, a gem from Kumioko. He claims "Zoloft was Stanistani". Someone reminds him that here on WPS he wrote "Juicie Bettle is Zoloft". Kumioko replies: "Yep, that doesn't say anything about Zoloft being a mod on WS".

9. This ain't for me. Over and out.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:32 am

The Kumioko Gem

Reguyla states ....
I said Zoloft was Stanistani, who occassionally comments there, not that he is a mod.
If you are going to try to discredit me, at least have the morals to tell the truth.
If i am really that bad, you don't need to lie to win. That's what Wikipediots do.

Princess Emblyn reminds Kumioko that he wrote ....
Someone PMed me that Juicybeetle on wikipedia sucks is Zoloft.
Makes sense why they got modded so fast, but if that's the case, I probably won't be posting there anymore.

Reguyla replies ....
Yep, that doesn't say anything about Zoloft being a mod on WS