ArbCom elections 2019

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: ArbCom elections 2019

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Timmy I'm quite sure if you bothered to look, you'd find my predictions/analysis of how this election will go/is going, are consistent with a good few months quality posting during Framgate, back when this forum was worth posting to. You remember, back when your buddies at Wikipediocracy were predicting all kinds of fantastical bollocks that hasn't actually happened, and seems farther away than ever. Long term, I doubt the things I was saying about the future of Wikipedia self-governance way back in 2017 isn't far off where they are now. I wonder what nonsense you were saying back then?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:45 am

Hardly any questions, even for people like Hawkeye. Averaging seven it seems, which is yet another sign interest has flatlined. Especially since those questions which have been asked, are (quite unintentionally I'm sure) revealing stuff which absolutely demands follow up inquiry.

In 2015 for example, to use a direct comparison, Cas Liber faced no less than nineteen questions, twelve coming in the first twenty four hours. This time, after twenty four hours, he's faced just four. You can't attribute this to the electorate just knowing what Cas is all about, because he was just as much a known quantity in 2015, having served twice, and stood three times. Hilarious to recall that in 2008, the rookie Cas had to face over fifty questions. Rookie Gadfium in this election, despite having a similarly activist fuck the WMF agenda as the present day Cas, is only at ten so far.

It was also pretty funny to remember they used to separate the candidate questions into two categories, the generic shite people ask to every candidate, and the questions asked specifically to them as an individual. You can see why that was dropped, since hardly any questions these days are about the individual. Another sign of the general lack of interest in this as an exercise in picking the right individuals, rather than keeping out the wrong ones, even in those asking questions!

People just didn't care. Why ask questions anyway? In this malaise of disinterest, Cas will get a seat, simply because he chose to stand. That's all it took. And even after the ridiculous farce that we saw this last term, there is still nothing in the rule book that commits him to doing any real work if he is elected, or even showing up to work. He can enter the building, do what he set out to do, and fuck off back to grinding out articles as soon as he either gets it done or hits a brick wall, and people will genuinely pat him on the back, even tell him he can reactivate himself any time he wishes, should a matter he does want to deal with, arise.

Funny way to self-govern if you ask me, not unlike an "election" in Olden Times, where you basically bought your seat to feather your own nest and protect your own interests (Cas has as much to lose from a Wikipedia run as a diverse, inclusive and professional environment as any long term grinder), but as an outsider, my opinion is of course irrelevant.

-------------

You say something now Timmy. Go on. Open your mouth...... :roll:

Defend the honour and integrity of an upstanding Wiki-citizen like Cas. It's what I expect you to do, it's why I wrote what I did. So be a good boy and show people what a Wikipedian of 2019 is all about. :| :oops:

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:54 am

CrowsNest wrote: I'm quite sure if you bothered to look, you'd find my predictions/analysis of how this election will go/is going

Where is it? Asking the third time.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:01 am

JuiceBeetle wrote:
CrowsNest wrote: I'm quite sure if you bothered to look, you'd find my predictions/analysis of how this election will go/is going

Where is what? If you'd asked something three times, I'd have a clue what it is you wanted.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:36 am

CrowsNest wrote:
JuiceBeetle wrote:

Where is what? If you'd asked something three times, I'd have a clue what it is you wanted.

Highlighted it for you. Should I give you glasses too?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:27 am

JuiceBeetle wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:
JuiceBeetle wrote:Where is it? Asking the third time.

Highlighted it for you. Should I give you glasses too?
OK. Don't recall you asking even once, let alone three times. Just another unexplained lie. :roll:

Anyway, well, have you looked?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:46 am

Attending to this is probably high on Cas Liber's unspoken To Do list......
14:10, 2 September 2019 Mkdw talk contribs blocked Eric Corbett talk contribs with an expiration time of indefinite (account creation blocked) ({{ArbComBlock}}. May appeal only to arbcom-en@wikimedia.org)
Eric has always maintained he will never lodge any appeals, so that makes securing a unilateral unblock a priority. And if that doesn't work, I'm sure Cas would not be above using his professional experience to find a way he can persuade Eric that him both writing and arguing an appeal for him, is technically not a compromise of his long standing position.

He wasn't an Arbitrator at the time, but tellingly, he was active and even posting at the ArbCom noticeboard at the very same time that their discovery of Eric's first sock, sorry, unfortunate overlap with his roomate, was announced. He just wisely didn't comment on the issue, knowing as he did that Eric was guilty as sin, and that one day, he and he alone, might be needed to assist Eric, in only the ways an Arbitrator and long time friend would or could do.

A healthy slate of candidates, shit even even eleven viable candidates not named Cas Liber, would ensure anyone who thinks this is even a remote possibility, that it has any part of Cas being troubled with the events of last year and looking for a seat to correct things, could vote in such a way as to try and deny Cas a seat.

You, Wikipedian mugs that you are, simply don't even have that chance.

DEMOCRACY!

:lol:

With no hint of irony, and certainly no appreciation of ArbCom's specific role in ensuring he lasted as long as he did, Eric Corbett is over at Wikipediocracy at this very moment, claiming he would do as he always has done, and vote against all candidates.

As if he isn't already in a position to do so with some dirty little sock or five. :roll:

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:52 am

CrowsNest wrote:

CrowsNest wrote:
JuiceBeetle wrote:Highlighted it for you. Should I give you glasses too?
OK. Don't recall you asking even once, let alone three times. Just another unexplained lie. :roll:

Memory problems? I warn you: if you say again that I lie, you'll get blocked, now without Kumi. As I've said, you give reasons every day.
https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1538#p15775
JuiceBeetle wrote:If there was a previous elections topic and someone finds it, I'll merge it with this topic.

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1439&p=15782#p15782
JuiceBeetle wrote:If you would be so kind to link it.

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1538&start=20#p16061

I've wasted my time to collect these 3 requests that you don't want to remember.
You generally pissed me off with your combative, uncooperative, insulting behaviour, the consequence on this forum for that is: if you dare to answer with anything, that lacks a link - and exact url - to the post where you shared your predicitions, or your next post is not an answer, then you will be blocked for a day. No dancing out from this sanction.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Those do not look like three requests to explain "my predictions/analysis of how this election will go/is going" to me, certainly not in the context of Timmy's posts about his bet. Seems to me like you deliberately jumped on his request as a means to misrepresent it for your own ends.

But if you don't want me to say you lied, well, I guess I won't. ;)

Like I said, there's only one guy here with an anger management issue, and it ain't me!

Let's just call it a big misunderstanding and kiss and make up! :D

I don't like it when we fight Princess. :cry:

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:25 pm

Wrong answer.
JuiceBeetle wrote:if you dare to answer with anything, that lacks a link - and exact url - to the post where you shared your predicitions, or your next post is not an answer, then you will be blocked for a day. No dancing out from this sanction.

It seems you just wanted to know, how far you can go with provoking a moderator and wasting my time. This far.
JuiceBeetle wrote:https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1559&start=20#p16071
I had many weeks of patience for you. You are blocked for a day, maybe tomorrow you can manage without getting blocked.