Block notices only

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Block notices only

Post by JuiceBeetle » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:41 am

To stop the ongoing spam:
Crow has been blocked for 24 hours for "Spamming hate on the forum" and for balance Kumioko has been blocked for 24 hours for "Spamming the forum with posts violating interaction ban."
I've warned you Crow a few times (1,2,3,4) yesterday that you've exhausted my patience. You are wasting my time to clean up.
I've asked you Kumioko to disengage.
Both of you had an interaction ban to avoid this, but you were given a LOT of room to bicker. Now that rooms is the size of the whole forum, so this must stop.
If you continue tomorrow, you'll get blocked again. You are allowed to post in any other matter.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Block notices only

Post by JuiceBeetle » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 am

Graaf Statler wrote:I have left here for the time being

After your promise of leaving, then yesterday's series of insane rants and requests to be blocked:

You are blocked for 3 days, however phpBB can block only for 1 day or a week, so it's a week then. Take your time to walk in nature and meditate. Let go of this mental state.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Block notices only

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:44 pm

JuiceBeetle wrote:if you dare to answer with anything, that lacks a link - and exact url - to the post where you shared your predicitions, or your next post is not an answer, then you will be blocked for a day. No dancing out from this sanction.

You evaded and provoked again. It seems you just wanted to know, how far you can go with provoking a moderator and wasting my time. This far.
JuiceBeetle wrote:https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1559&start=20#p16071
I had many weeks of patience for you. You are blocked for a day, maybe tomorrow you can manage without getting blocked.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Block notices only

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:58 pm

Maybe this should be in another section?

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:17 pm

ericbarbour wrote:Maybe this should be in another section?

Maybe you just need a competent moderator.

The End
Sucks Fan

Post by The End » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:28 pm

Section 8.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:07 am

Anyone wrote:Maybe you just need a competent moderator.

You still haven't answered the question, why you shouldn't be banned, which you effectively are, pending your appeal. This does not sound like one.

It should. Crow's request was to put it in the public area, and all the sections I found suitable for this are members-only. What section it should be in?

Best would be "Stucture, Vision... for this Board", but that's surprisingly members-only. Next best candidate would be "Wikipedians", but Crow protested about being called that. :lol:

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:30 am

JuiceBeetle wrote:
Anyone wrote:Maybe you just need a competent moderator.

You still haven't answered the question, why you shouldn't be banned, which you effectively are, pending your appeal. This does not sound like one.

Anyone: Once again you tried to sneak by this sanction. It was the last time.
So far you've contributed to this forum: misogyny, lies, attacks towards other critics, political advocacy. Zero wikipedia criticism.
I've explained to you here and on discord the issues with your approach. You ignored it. I've given you many chances to show that you are able to change your attitude and understand the purpose of this forum. You kept on doing the same.
You've used all your chances. Your ban is now in effect. In a month you might try to appeal: make a new account and post your appeal in the "Structure of this forum" board.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:11 pm

JuiceBeetle wrote:
Graaf Statler wrote:I have left here for the time being

After your promise of leaving, then yesterday's series of insane rants and requests to be blocked:

You are blocked for 3 days, however phpBB can block only for 1 day or a week, so it's a week then. Take your time to walk in nature and meditate. Let go of this mental state.

This is not a block notice, but it's related. When blocked here, Statler jumped back on the WPO Discord server, and was tolerated there, within limits. I deleted offensive posts outside of the Flame Wars channel, where he was allowed to say WTF he wanted, except he could not use the f word, there is a filter that unceremoniously dumps a comment with that word in it. Mostly ignored by those he was railing against, particularly Juice and me, he eventually left the server, once again trashing the role he had been given that allowed him to see everything and comment in certain places. It's a question whether or not the owners will give it to him again, they have been supportive of the lost puppy, but they also gave me the power to delete (which ordinary moderators do not have on that server.) So this was Graaf's last message on the server (times are GMT-4, Sept 11, 2019, and this was in the L1 channel, the-smithery, which is the most public. Anyone can see it on request, except that Anyone can't, unless he creates a sock, which could be done. L1 is not particularly protected.):

[2:56 AM] Myself:A, a few days. Strange no one comes to sucks now!
[2:56 AM] Myself:Everyone blocked, safe, they all must now run in I suppose.
[4:46 AM] Myself:Guy, It is time to leave this discord house again because it's all f* boring and f* trolly trol and I have better things to do. And of Sucks I have trow away my password, if thinks are normal again there I'll will reset it. [...]

Basic rule on all fora: Do not insult the owner, and do not insult agents of the owner. If an authorized agent of the owner warns against some action, do not violate that warning, and agents, generally, have discretion. There are ways to appeal, always, though sometimes they are off-forum. On Wikipedia, admins are appointed by the community, albeit through a process where the theoretical sovereign is not actually represented, and The Community is blocked. But still the principle applies.

Fora like this generally grant high freedom of speech, and criticizing a moderator is allowed. However, operational defiance of warnings, we can expect, is not allowed, and that this is not stated in the "rules" is like stating that a dropped object will not fall because the law of gravity was never formally stated.

In the U.S., you can raise a middle finger to a police officer, and legally they can't arrest you for it, (but it can still be foolish -- officers break the law sometimes, and a professor of mine was badly beaten when he asked to see the ID of an officer.).

But if the officer says, "put that finger down, this could incite a riot," and you don't put the finger down, off you go to the hoosegow. Refusal to obey a lawful order is a crime, even though the behavior itself is not a crime. Police have discretion, and so do forum moderators and administrators.

On the Discord server, Statler explicitly acknowledged trolling (and threatened more of the same). Trolling is not criticism, it is deliberate offense, ordinarily without any redeeming value at all. There are those who enjoy flame wars. They are part of the problem even when they don't do it themselves.

So congratulations to JuiceBeetle for beginning to set limits. Wikipedia criticism will go nowhere until and unless it develops gravitas and discipline. It takes time and it will take patience.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:And of Sucks I have trow away my password, if thinks are normal again there I'll will reset it.