Board maintenance pardon our dust

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
boredbird
Sucks Mod

Re: Board maintenance pardon our dust

Post by boredbird » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:42 am

The back and forth with Graaf's bans and Abd's mod status have been damaging because everyone assumes they'll return no matter what we say. It'd be helpful to have clear statements that Graaf is banned permanently and Abd will never be a moderator again. Unfortunately participation on the site is so low that management is clinging to every scrap but that might be why participation is so low. Is there a reset button? I'll still build my own thread when I have time but I'd like to see a livelier and more sane community with active threads that people read and want to join.

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:20 am

Kumioko wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:55 pm
Same reasons I've stated before. No reason to restate now. Site management seems happy with the status quo. I don't expect anything to change, so I will continue to be an infrequent contributor.
Do you care to post a link to what you stated before?

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:33 am

boredbird wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:42 am
The back and forth with Graaf's bans and Abd's mod status have been damaging because everyone assumes they'll return no matter what we say. It'd be helpful to have clear statements that Graaf is banned permanently and Abd will never be a moderator again. Unfortunately participation on the site is so low that management is clinging to every scrap but that might be why participation is so low. Is there a reset button? I'll still build my own thread when I have time but I'd like to see a livelier and more sane community with active threads that people read and want to join.
Graaf won't beable to post freely again here ever as far as I'm concerned. Currently he can only post in the general section and those posts have to be approved. There's also a post throttle limiting the number of posts and how long he has to wait between posts.

I disagreed with Eric over Abd .. its Eric forum but I have been making strong suggestions. I should have set Graaf's posts to require approval from the get go.

As far as I can tell a reset is not possible. All I can see is patch work of grudges between different users that turn up here.

What I'd like input on is for better or worse a code of conduct. Don't call each other names etc. I'm open to suggestions.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:24 am

suckadmin wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:33 am
What I'd like input on is for better or worse a code of conduct. Don't call each other names etc.
The rules are fine.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:30 am

suckadmin wrote:
Graaf won't beable to post freely again here ever as far as I'm concerned. Currently he can only post in the general section and those posts have to be approved. There's also a post throttle limiting the number of posts and how long he has to wait between posts.
What has given you even give the impression I should want to participate at all on a forum with this strange new side administration?
Have I not made clear enough in words and actions that is not going to happen?

And you asked before what I have lost. I have totally lost any trust in this kind of moderation, but in a way I can not get that clear to you and it is a total mystery why you unasked have unbanned me, because you could know this.
I am total uninterested in this kind of moderated fora. Totally.

For once and for always don't mention my username anymore and simple leave me alone and all the best with your Sucks forum, moderate it in the way you want, only without me.

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:02 am

Graaf Statler wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:30 am
suckadmin wrote:
What has given you even give the impression I should want to participate at all on a forum with this strange new side administration?
Have I not made clear enough in words and actions that is not going to happen?
Because you keep posting.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:22 am

Yes, to explane you I am simple not interested in a board moderated in this way with "side administration", but that is all.
Because I consider it simple as "side trolling". Or better, complete trolling.

Happy Easter.

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:36 am

Graaf Statler wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:22 am
Yes, to explane you I am simple not interested in a board moderated in this way with "side administration", but that is all.
Because I consider it simple as "side trolling". Or better, complete trolling.

Happy Easter.
Or maybe you just can't help yourself which is what many have said of your "side illness". Did you stop taking your "side meds"? So if you want to be a "side troll" then a "caged side troll" you shall be if that's your preference. Enjoy!

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Kumioko wrote:
Same reasons I've stated before. No reason to restate now. Site management seems happy with the status quo. I don't expect anything to change, so I will continue to be an infrequent contributor.
I looked through some of your more recent posts and it seems like the reoccurring complaint is abd and juice as mods. Currently abd has no mod capabilities and juice's are very limited and cannot edit posts which is what I assume you meant by copy and pasting posts?

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:08 pm

suckadmin wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:20 am
Kumioko wrote:
Do you care to post a link to what you stated before?
Well, in many cases it was deleted or cut and merged by Juicy or Abd, so no I cant. But as ive stated before. my problem is that Aron and Abd are mods and when i was posting and getting constantly attacked by crow, they either did nothing or sided with crow. So, as long as aron and Abd are mods, I'm not going to be active here.

Since forum management doesn't like me anyway and think the mods are doing a fine job I don't expect anything to change so I'll stay away....well, mostly anyway.
#BbbGate