Board maintenance pardon our dust

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
suckadmin
Janitor

Board maintenance pardon our dust

Post by suckadmin » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Okay so the board has been through another and very brutal round of upgrades that required manually exporting and copying over all the tables from the old database to a new one.

Unfortunately one of the victims of the migration were the avatars, otherwise seems like all the important data has survived. I will try to re-link the avatars this week.

Larkin
Sucks

Re: Board maintenance pardon our dust

Post by Larkin » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:26 pm

I managed to post a contribution in the "Content" forum, despite an orange header saying "Information: This board is currently disabled.".

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:51 am

It does appear to be working. There is no "recent activity" link, but I can read my private messages, etc, and post. There is no guarantee that any content created now will stick, though it probably will.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:52 am

testing testing

I see a "This board is currently disabled" message on every page.

Christ. phpBB is getting worse as we watch. Their forum is loaded with complaints. I seriously wonder WTF is going on there.

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:36 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:52 am
testing testing

I see a "This board is currently disabled" message on every page.

Christ. phpBB is getting worse as we watch. Their forum is loaded with complaints. I seriously wonder WTF is going on there.
Yeah the disabling of the board doesn't seem to work as advertised .. I figured that it obviously would let admins do things perhaps but on Monday I had not added the captcha question and several bots made new accounts and posted spam.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:10 am

Abd wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:51 am
There is no "recent activity" link, but I can read my private messages, etc, and post.
Everything that matters is in the "Quick links" dropdown now.
It seems to me the board was updated from 3.1.x to 3.2.x this time, which changed some UI features, imo for the better.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:13 am

suckadmin wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:53 pm
Okay so the board has been through another and very brutal round of upgrades that required manually exporting and copying over all the tables from the old database to a new one.
Thank you for updating the board! I see you've been working like 48 hours straight to manually update... respect.

While you are at it: could you enable PMs for Kumioko and disable the "Clear thanks list" permission for moderators? We won't be using it and it's easy to click by mistake.

Which "thanks" module did you install? Is there a way to reduce its impact? It would be enough to show "Thanked by: user1, 2, 3.". No need for the "Has thanked: 1 time, Been thanked: 2 times" and the "Rating:..." info. It just takes up place.

Test: lmao

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:55 am

At least we have a working board now; the poor people over at the 15(?)-year-old FOT board for Best Show fans still get this:
Maintenance Mode

FOTs...Sorry the board is still down but we are working on it! xx sparkiepop & humanclock
http://www.friendsoftom.com/forum/
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Stanistani

Post by Stanistani » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Congratulations on surviving the crisis.

suckadmin
Janitor

Post by suckadmin » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:36 pm

JuiceBeetle wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:13 am
suckadmin wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:53 pm
Thank you for updating the board! I see you've been working like 48 hours straight to manually update... respect.

While you are at it: could you enable PMs for Kumioko and disable the "Clear thanks list" permission for moderators? We won't be using it and it's easy to click by mistake.

Which "thanks" module did you install? Is there a way to reduce its impact? It would be enough to show "Thanked by: user1, 2, 3.". No need for the "Has thanked: 1 time, Been thanked: 2 times" and the "Rating:..." info. It just takes up place.

Test: lmao
It was working on it mostly on sunday but didn't realize people were getting an error due to the missing style until Tuesday.

Were using thanks this extention https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... r_posts_2/

I couldn't find much else in this vein that is currently supported for 3.2

I looked at Kumioko's account and I cant see any reason they would not beable to send PMs. I sent them a PM asking for them to respond or post a separate thread about it for debugging.