Hey, "Cold fusion!"

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Abd
Sucks Warrior

Re: Hey, "Cold fusion!"

Post by Abd » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:27 am

Wow. Bond. Thanks. My kind of skeptic was Marcello Truzzi. And, though Vaginant will claim this or that, Richard P. Feynman was about half of the inspiration in my life. More or less, from him, I learned how to think outside the box.

Before then, as a teenager, I cut my teeth on Martin Gardner, one of my favorite people, and it was one of the high points of my life, at least intellectually, when he cited me (on what Vagirant calls "numerology").

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:55 am

Abd wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:27 am
Wow. Bond. Thanks. My kind of skeptic was Marcello Truzzi. And, though Vaginant will claim this or that, Richard P. Feynman was about half of the inspiration in my life. More or less, from him, I learned how to think outside the box.

Before then, as a teenager, I cut my teeth on Martin Gardner, one of my favorite people, and it was one of the high points of my life, at least intellectually, when he cited me (on what Vagirant calls "numerology").
Tell us more about your intellectual development. I can't be the only one out here wondering how you've achieved the heights that you have.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:31 pm

What do you really want to know, boredbird? I don't talk about "heights," that's your word.

I've cited fact. I did sit in Feynman's class, and spent some time with him when he visited Page House, my dorm at that point. He did make the statement about calculating the solid state (and that was all not controversial, approximations are used that just may break down outside the realm where they have been confirmed.)

As to Martin Gardner, he actually did cite work that I had published. Search the linked page for "Lomax" and you will find it. As a skeptic, Gardner was always laid-back, matter-of-fact, curious and not contemptuous.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:46 pm

Manwhile, Viligent linked to the Strelnikov post above. Strel, I suggest taking advantage of incoming links. He lies about what you were pointing out.
Viligent is firmly allied with the idiodic debunkers and enemies of philosophy and religion on Wikipedia, the people like those who collect in low places like Kiwi Farms and RationalWiki.

(Make no mistake, there are some smart and sane people who take some interest in these oddities, but the real thing to notice is what Bond realized: the arrogant, self-congratulating contempt, the skepticism that forgets to be skeptical of self, the very opposite of science.)

Viligent's next post is truly hilarious, but I'll cover it in a more appropriate thread.

(I might settle on "Viligent," because he is certainly a man -- though not a "gentleman," still, "gent" doesn't necessarily carry that implication -- and his obsession is vilification.)

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:44 am

On Reddit, Vilignat, gaining no traction, added a comment to a Smith sock train-wreck, about my cold fusion paper. You can see the context with this link. The topic is really the lawsuit filed by Emil Kirkegaard against Oliver D. Smith, who started the Reddit thread.
In this comment, Vilignat lies -- or is so clueless that he believes what he wrote, but if so, he's demonstrating his total unreliability. He will only be believed by those who are themselves utterly clueless, so if you want mislead your readers, keep him around. This was all actually off-topic, trolling, based on stalking my contributions and dropping in his vilificiation.
You've been vanity published.
Current Science is not a vanity publisher.
You have no credibility in any scientific circles. None.
The main scientific communication I do is in Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, and I'm quite well known in that field. I go to conferences and people whom I never saw before walk up to me and say "Mr. Lomax!" I have extensive correspondence with a Nobel Prize winner. Scientists, credentialed professionals, with Wikipedia articles, have made significant donations to cover my expenses. My paper was cited as significant by the foremost CMNS researcher in the world, in the keynote address at ICCF-20. But Viligent doesn't know that, probably, so that part isn't a lie, it's just ignorant contempt.
The reason you're not 'credentialed' is because you can never put in the hard work to finish something. Ever.
Heh! I finished that damn paper -- I rewrote it based on critique from the reviewer. To gain credentials would take years and massive expense, and I have not needed credentials, so I never started a program to gain them, if we set aside my three years at Cal Tech. I gave up a full scholarship, then, and never went back to school, and never looked back. What credentials does Viligent have? What has he completed? What value has he presented to the world? To quote Poetlister: "Nonentities, claiming to be vigilant, are jealous of people with real achievements. They proxy for banned user Timothy Usher, using his dubious claims in vain attempts to belittle them.'
You vociferously defended Rossi, a convict felon for fraud, for years.
Also a lie. I did point out that calling Rossi a "convicted felon" was misleading, that's about it, but I also exposed Rossi's deceptions and published the massive evidence that his "reactors" were worthless and his claims fraudulent.

And he went on with shitposting, no substance. There was more fun to talk about later. He's butthurt, that's why he's obsessed, it is driving him to do things that he'd be very unlikely to do without that. One of his last posts was "Waaa." He hates that I'm not engaging with him, but just post links to a page. Trolls want their target to react and expose their weaknesses to the public (defensiveness is seen as weakness).

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:03 pm

The post above mentioned Oliver D. Smith in passing, mentioned by Smith (apparently), on Wikipediocracy. There is evidence behind what I wrote, if anyone is interested. This has nothing to do with cold fusion, so I would move discussion elsewhere, but questions are welcome, as such.