Disclaimer [read first]: This is just a proof of concept. I am not sharing this to encourage you to actually do it. Please don't.
The purpose of this information is not for disruption, but only for demonstrating (exposing) how destructive and counterproductive their own WP:G5 deletion policy can be.
In other words:
Wikipedia is harming itself and making itself vulnerable with their absurd G5 policy. G5 shits on good faith.
G5'ing somebody means fooling a CheckUser into deleting all the legitimate pages of the target user.
I have never tried it, but I presume that it works reliable regarding how aggressive CheckUsers on Wikipedia are. I presume that if they are in doubt whether someone is using a sockpuppet or not, they always assume they do use a sockpuppet.
- What you need for this trick is a blocked account, ideally one that is older than than the account of the target. Also, a little technical knowledge. But do not log in first.
- To work, this trick requires you to be connected to the Internet from the same IP address as your target, or at least one with a similar network mask. It could work on public networks such as school/college/airport/library Internet access.
- Increase the likelihood of it working by downloading a browser add-on for altering (spoofing) your browser's user agent string to match the one of your target. https://add0n.com/useragent-switcher.html
- Next step: Criticize any CheckUser; preferrably Bbb23. Go to Bbb23's talk page and mildly criticise him. Any mild criticism does suffice. This pretty much guarantees that he will run a check on the network wgere the criticism comes from.
- Next step: Log in with your blocked account after submitting your criticism as IP editor. Also, see how long your mild criticism of Bbb23 (or any other CheckUser, but Bbb23 is their most addicted CheckUser) lasts on his talk page. Probably, it will be reverted within minutes because of alleged trolling. The revert is a sign of read receipt.
- If your blocked account has an edit history on similar topics of the target account, it is even more likely to work.
- Bbb23 (or any other CU) is likely going to falsely identify the target's account as a sockpuppet of yours.
- As soon as that happens, it will almost certainly get blocked. Then, Bbb23 (or other CU) will erase all pages initiated by the target editor.
- If your account is older than the target's account, you are considered a sock master.
- Your target has no chance of disputing he is not you. Even if it's true, the administrators are very unlikely to believe it. And the talk page access will probably be whacked soon.
- If your account is younger than the target's account, his pages will not be deleted, but your blocked account will be associated with the target's account, turning him into a sock master. This means that you effectively claim his account age, and any account you attack using this method that is younger than the oldest account in the sock chain will probably be G5'ed (contributions deleted). The sock master account is exempt from G5. If an even older account connects to the sock chain, the former sock master account is now prone to G5.
- In order to pretend to own more devices: Log off, clear your browser cookies for all Wikimedia sites, change the user agent string to the user agent of another target device and then log back in. Your blocked account will appear with that device's user agent on the CheckUser log. Clearing the cookies is necessary because they presumably also have access to the identifying session ID stored in your browser cookies.
Feel free to share your thoughts.