Indef ban for Koavf

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Indef ban for Koavf

Post by Kumioko » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:00 pm

It looks like Koavf has received yet another ban, this time it seems, for edit warring.

This character has been blocked nearly 30 times over the years but because he's amassed nearly 2.5 million edits the community has given him a pass for being g a jerk. Looks like his time has come to an end and from the perspective of a critic, the loss of yet another one of the top editirs is a win for us and a loss to Wikipedia!
#BbbGate

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Indef ban for Koavf

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:15 pm

And what was he fighting over? Elliot Page!

Justin has been Wikipedia's top editor or near the top, for more than 12 years. He has an article (which still fails to mention he's been permab&). Hammering him was a big deal. Remember, he was being interviewed by journalists for many years since he was the "top wikipedian", and journalists use Wikipedia to check facts, so he was "therefore really important". Despite being a known asshole. Justin was fighting with Sdkb, a very recent graduate of the School of Wiki Autists, who only started to seriously grind WP last year.

Somehow Sdkb managed to talk admin Joe into blocking a major insider. How interesting that no one came to Justin's defense. Joe was RFAed in 2017 and recently became a checkuser. Being a professional scientist, he is probably the kind of freak Wikipedia SHOULD have running things. Justin is a very successful grinding addict; and otherwise he's a nobody.

Yet still, something rotten was pulled here. And I have to wonder which way this went. Either certain people wanted to be rid of Justin and finally got their chance, or if Justin objected to Page's gender change and someone deep in the political-correctness bowels said "ban his ass, he's not of the body" or similar nonsense. Or both. There was NO noticeboard discussion of this that I can find; it was a pure IRC/private-message SEEKRET exchange. Just another example of how they "govern", or pretend to.

Small reminders of Justin's long career of pocket pool and general assholery:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... tion/Koavf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... Case/Koavf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... pply/Koavf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ship/Koavf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ip/Koavf_2
While admittedly he has been blocked 30 times, mainly for edit warring and the 3RR according to his block log, he would still be an excellent candidate for an admin thanks to his contributions. Snowager-Talk to Me! 03:57, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
(Yeah, I know I should have posted this earlier. Been busy.)

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:58 am

"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:53 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:58 am
Not anymore.
In the "good old days" you wouldn't have seen even that much. I've seen many ban/unbans, desysops and resysops done completely without any records kept whatsoever. Even cases where there WERE diffs left behind, which then "mysteriously disappeared" later. Insiders get the most special-est of treatments when it comes to blocks and status changes.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:16 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:53 am
Bbb23sucks wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:58 am
Not anymore.
In the "good old days" you wouldn't have seen even that much. I've seen many ban/unbans, desysops and resysops done completely without any records kept whatsoever. Even cases where there WERE diffs left behind, which then "mysteriously disappeared" later. Insiders get the most special-est of treatments when it comes to blocks and status changes.
We know Knapp has made "nothing" of his life, he has zero net worth, and he has achieved nothing. The quotes below indicate to me he has an IQ probably about or around 160.

Above a certain IQ folks tend to be evenly split between those who are highly successful and those who have mental health problems such as depression or even schizophrenia.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1286140995510

The quotes from Justin Anthony Knapp - aka Koavf - below are in my estimation brilliant summary of his perspective of Wikipedia

"whenever the stakes are lower you fight harder"

"one of the most important levers in controlling information is power applied through social media"

"there is fact and then the writing about facts, with a big difference between fact and framing"

The Nerd Herd Heroes
From left to right; The Knowledge Keeper, The Mind Meister, The Bookworm, The Clever Crusader, The Brainy Battler ,The Wise Wonder, The Mental Marvel, The Intellectual Avenger, The Brainstormer
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:47 am

wexter wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:16 am
The Nerd Herd Heroes
Okay, now: find their real names. At least post their usernames.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:44 pm

Okay, now: find their real names. At least post their usernames. EB
Eric, in my opinion there is limited merit in "speaking to the person" because the issue at hand is really the institution.

Factually, and generally, we know that many of the major players are "challenged in some way" thus adversely influencing the conduct and performance of the institution. The illustrations of insanity are amusing but it's a dead horse. Speaking to "the people" is no way to win an argument or make a case against an institution.

Explaining and highlighting the three factual statements below make a powerful statement against Wikipedia. The quotations below are far more effective content for a book or critique.

"whenever the stakes are lower you fight harder" - Explains why the site is "toxic" in terms of fighting - folks have nothing to lose

"one of the most important levers in controlling information is power applied through social media" - Explains why people seeking power are attracted to the platform (as social media)

"there is fact and then the writing about facts, with a big difference between fact and framing" - Explains why information is distorted and illustrates that folks are driving a narrative.

All three statements speak to a lack of credibility. By focusing on individuals instead of the issues you are falling into a credibility trap.

I asked you a while ago why you hated Wikipedia so much? I explained why I think Wikipedia is a detriment to society and why I hate it.

Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:21 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:15 pm
Somehow Sdkb managed to talk admin Joe into blocking a major insider. How interesting that no one came to Justin's defense. Joe was RFAed in 2017 and recently became a checkuser. Being a professional scientist, he is probably the kind of freak Wikipedia SHOULD have running things.
Joe Roe was also the person who got Bbb23 decheckusered.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:44 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:21 pm
A link would be nice

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:53 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:44 am
Bbb23sucks wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:21 pm
A link would be nice
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =962809780
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php? ... d=20184562