Why did you stop editing Wikipedia?

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
TMC1982
Sucks

Why did you stop editing Wikipedia?

Post by TMC1982 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:14 pm

Here are a few answers by established Wikipedia editors:
The last quote I am going to provide was said by an academic who has his own entry on Wikipedia:
" (wikipedia.org)...Wikipedia, on the contrary, is the enshrinement of contempt for learning, knowledge and expertise. It is, for many, a diversionary hobby to which they are prepared devote a great portion of their time, as others do to computer based video games. Unfortunately, it has led also to an inner cult, shrouded in anonymity, with structures and processes of self-regulation that are woefully inadequate. Many of these tools and procedures are reminiscent, in parody, of those of the Inquisition: secret courts, an inner "elite" arbitrarily empowered to censor and exclude all those perceived as a threat to the adopted conventions of the cult; denunciations, character assassination, excommunication. An arbitrarily concocted "rulebook" and language rife with self-referential sanctimoniousness give a superficial illusion of order and good sense, but no such thing exists in practice.It is truly a "Tyranny of the Ignorant" (wikipedia.org). " (wikipedia.org)

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Re: Why did you stop editing Wikipedia?

Post by Kumioko » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:01 am

Personally I was forced out for advocating the admins follow policy and not be held to a lower standard than editors. That was after years of being extremely high output, with over a million edits to the wikimedia projects.
#BbbGate

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:46 pm

Kumioko wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:01 am
Personally I was forced out for advocating the admins follow policy and not be held to a lower standard than editors. That was after years of being extremely high output, with over a million edits to the wikimedia projects.
Stop lying. You were banned for being an annoying tit.

Hundreds of high output Wikipedia editors have said Admins should follow policy and hold themselves to a higher standard, and once they realise it's a pointless request, they stop, and surprise surprise, they don't get banned.

You were just too stupid to realise that the easiest way to keep feeding your Wikipedia addiction, was to be a good boy and shut the fuck up.

Now the world knows you were such an annoying tit that they decided to do the same to you that they do to the pedophiles. You're pedo banned. So, pretty fucking annoying.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:44 pm

Thats such bullshit. But it doesn't matter, because no one cares what you think.
#BbbGate

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:58 pm

Kumioko wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:44 pm
Thats such bullshit. But it doesn't matter, because no one cares what you think.
Ha. You sound like Beeblebrox. Great minds, eh?

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:07 am

Wow thats a low blow. Pretty soon you'll be comparing me to that dickhead jimbo.and really spitting in my face.
#BbbGate

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:39 am

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:45 am

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:06 am

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:46 pm
Kumioko wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:01 am
Stop lying. You were banned for being an annoying tit.
Hundreds of high output Wikipedia editors have said Admins should follow policy and hold themselves to a higher standard, and once they realise it's a pointless request, they stop, and surprise surprise, they don't get banned.
You were just too stupid to realise that the easiest way to keep feeding your Wikipedia addiction, was to be a good boy and shut the fuck up.
You're both right and you're both wrong.

Wikipedia would have failed back in 2005 if not for "annoying tits" like Kumi, who generated a large percentage of the actual content. Any volunteer organization has to put up with ADHD people, little dictators and narcissists. Human resources have to be MANAGED. Wikipedia did no such thing--instead they handed the reins over to the worst of the autistic manipulators and narcissists. Installed by King Narcissist Jimbo at first.

Does this forum have a big sign "Wikipedia critics may bash each other here"?

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:59 am

I can't help it. When the guy says the worst ever Wikipedia Administrator is Beeblebrox, and then he LITERALLY says the exact same lame ass thing to me that Beeblebrox said, for the exact same reason presumably (me having them dead to rights), well, what's a guy to do? He leaves himself open for the low blows, all the time.

I'm not really a take the high road kind of person when it comes to Kumioko. Slapping his bitch ass around is just too gratifying. It's a weakness borne of having had to listen to his utter nonsense for years, never changing, never evolving, and never making any goddamned sense, all because his momma dropped him on his head as a baby or something.

Speaking of which, I think the central point stands. Yes, Wikipedia needs annoying obsessives, but Kumi was so bad, he actually exhausted Wikipedia's patience for annoying obsessives. It's insane.

It's like getting thrown out of the JW's (hey, I just noticed that, cool!) for liking bow ties and knocking on doors too much. You would think it's impossible, but no, he managed it.

He's one of a kind. Special.