María Sefidari, WMF Board Chair, resigned

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

María Sefidari, WMF Board Chair, resigned

Post by Strelnikov » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:16 pm

My source: https://genderdesk.wordpress.com/2021/0 ... i-resigns/

The resignation email:

3 Jun 2021

7:39 p.m.
Dear All, There is one last bit of news I would like to share following the Board meeting update.
After ~ 8 years on the Board of Trustees at the Wikimedia Foundation – a long time! – I have notified the Board that I am stepping down as Chair and trustee, effective end of day today.

As all of you know, the community-selected seats were due to expire last year and were extended at the request of the Board to see through these difficult and unprecedented times. Now, after chairing the last meeting of the fiscal year and having the call for candidates for the upcoming elections approved, it is the least disruptive moment for me to step down. The Foundation has asked me to consider an advisory role to support Movement Strategy and the onboarding of new trustees and the new CEO/ED, to help support leadership and this strategic transition. Nataliia Tymkiv, currently Vice Chair, will act as Chair until a new one is elected by the Board ensuring continuity.

Hopefully this news will not come as too much of a surprise. I am grateful to the community members who lent me their trust and support to become a trustee on two different occasions, to the staff, and to the trustees for their confidence in me in the different leadership positions I have held within the Board – first as committee chair, then two terms as Vice Chair, and two terms as Chair.
Together we have accomplished many things during this time, but if I had to single out only a few they would be the following: launching the Movement Strategy process, engaging in the most ambitious governance reform in the history of the Board, and working to ensure the stability and sustainability of the Foundation. It has been a time of change, of discussing strategy and our future, and deciding together what the path forward should be.

Of course, the work is never finished – it will be the task of the Board to continue what has been done and face the newer and complex challenges that will no doubt arise. I hope that we will see many of the women of the movement and people from the Global South as candidates in the upcoming community elections – I know there are many qualified people ready to step into these important roles. I look forward to supporting an increasingly capable and diverse Board.
Be safe and well everyone.

Tupananchiskama,

María
— María Sefidari Huici
Chair of the Board
Wikimedia Foundation
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: María Sefidari, WMF Board Chair, resigned

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:55 pm

this is all I could scrape out of the book wiki. She was far from the "most colorful" trustee.
Co-founder of Wikimedia Spain, computer science PhD candidate. Elected in 2013. She is heavily involved in the notorious and fractious "Affiliations Committee", formerly called the Chapters Committee.

She is "not notable" enough to have a Wikipedia biography. Despite this she was popular enough to be re-elected to the Board in May 2017.
and yet, weirdly enough, in 2019 she abruptly became "notable enough". Which reveals she was expecting a child in 2020. Might be why she resigned.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mar%C3%ADa_Sefidari

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:12 pm

Would you want to sacrifice your child's first years to deal with the WMF and the remaining old-timers of en.Wikipedia?
:jerkoff: :flamingbanana: :whambo:

I wish this person I've really never heard much of the best of luck, she escaped at the right time.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:35 pm

Readers of the joke forum Wikipediocracy would have definitely heard of this woman.

According to their incel fueled fantasies, she and her lesbian lover were the co-conpsirators behind the Framban. Corruption and community subversion on a grand scale, at the very heart of the Foundation. In their heads at least.

Chief proponent of this theory was Vigilant, but he was not alone. A good rule of thumb is that the people over there who hate he me the most, are the people most likely to be believers in this bullshit conspiracy theory.

As always, I'm laughing my ass of now, even more than before, because that email marks the final end of any last lingering prospect of anyone ever giving a shit about this non-story. It also helps that it doesn't remotely read as someone who is bitter or has been thwarted or otherwise pushed out in controversial circumstances.

I'm not even annoyed that this at least means they're no longer beholden to publish the blog much vaunted post they claimed would expose it all. Because, of course, the cowards never were going to put any of this horseshit into a form that could do them serious damage.

She will of course be aware of what the small dicked lame brains of Wikipediocracy had been obsessed about for the last two years, and this is her parting shot.....

"EAT ME".

There you go Vigilant. This is why you suck, and I rule all.

I mean, come on, how pathetic is this......

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 14&t=11982

He can't even get anyone else interested anymore! The desperation is palpable.

As always though, his bullshit never adds up.

What would someone so powerful have to fear from an election? She could just rig it, surely. Had she stayed on and been reelected, Vigilant would of course have claimed she did rig it.

I too would have looked forward to the spectacle of any questioning predicated on this bullshit, because it would have been a lot like the way Iridescent and Eric Corbett teamed up with Beeblebrox to expose Fred Bauder.

It would have looked dirty, filthy, spiteful, and pathetic. Just like the people doing the asking. As well painting them as the sort of people who buy into batshit conspiracy theories.

The community, at least the wing of it represented by Wikipediocracy, know what they are, while Vigilant is still around. The nutty deplorables.

Wikipedia would be well rid of that element of the volunteers, from the Foundation perspective; the level of Wikipedia management that focuses on things like global strategy, which was never really Eric Corbett's strong suit. The only plausible reason she is leaving, if indeed the real reason is going unstated, is because she failed in her evident desire to civilise the savages and make Wikipedia's volunteer base look more like what the Foundation wants to market it as. No shame in that, not like she was the first to try, and fail.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:03 pm

Classic Vigilant.....

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 83#p290083
To understand why Maria Sefidari Huici is resigning rather than face another board election, read this thread.
IT'S NINE PAGES LONG, YOU DICKHEAD.

Wouldn't it be easier to have just summarised it?

Or better yet, write the blog post about the whole affair?

No? NO?

I didn't fucking think so.

I tell you what reading that thread does reveal though, rather hilariously, is posts like this, from Vigilant, back in August 2020.....
Does the extension of the board's term and cancellation of elections look like a power grab to anyone else?
In hindsight, now we have the official explanation for why she is resigning now, it looks even less of a power grab than it did before.

And it didn't look like one back then either. It looked like what it was, a sensible TEMPORARY postponement of elections during a time when people had other shit to be worrying about.

Just like Framban looked like what it was, a sensible attempt by the Foundation to address the inability and indeed the active refusal of the Wikipedia volunteer run governance system to deal with chronic harassers like Fram. Which sadly failed, to the glee of Wikipediocracy.

Enter the Board crafted U-COCK, to give it its unofficial acronym, a cruel jab at those chiefly responsible, within and without.

That's a real power grab. That that likely the end game of any scenario in Foundation HQ which foresaw or at least scrambled to recalculate their options as they saw the community rising up against Framban.

Why leave now? To lose your Chair of Trustees and your CEO/COO in the same year would be cause for concern, in any other circumstances. But not these. Not a whiff of scandal here. A complete failure of Wikipediocracy to achieve anything in the way of their stated mission, bringing sunlight to the shadows. Not least because their narratives are conspiracy fueled horseshit.

These two women get to walk away with heads held high, and go forward in their careers being able to point to the things they did to detoxify Wikipedia. Without having to deal with the hassle of having to ever explain why not even a U-COCK is going to be enough to civilise the deplorables.

Wikipediocracy will no doubt dispute this narrative of what Framgate was all about and will instead prefer to keep pushing their batshit, but what would you expect from a forum run for senior Wikipedia editors? Doesn't get more senior than ArbCom members like NewYorkBrad and Beeblebrox.

Want to ask them all about it on Wikipediocracy? Sorry dude, Admin sez no.

Oh no Jake, is the PLAN becoming clear yet?

You sell out dipshit motherfucker.