Strelnikov finishes that MONGO post.....

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Strelnikov finishes that MONGO post.....

Post by Strelnikov » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:13 am

Right here.

Sweet Soviet Jesus, that article had a ton of links.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Strelnikov finishes that MONGO post.....

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Looks good. You could have made it unreadably long, the many links will do the job in a better way. No one (and I mean no one, not even WO) wants to talk about MONGO anymore. I guess he's "ancient history" now.

Funny how, in all those pre-2008 WR threads where they complained about MONGO, very few of them pointed out something obvious: he was permitted to be a WP conservative because he was pro-Israel and anti-Muslim. His chasing of 9/11 conspiracy types made him "untouchable" for a while, despite being a worthless administrator. The innumerable pro-Israel abuses by insiders like SV and Jayjg and outboard freaks like Zeq and Isarig are fading into insignificance already. (Speaking of which, it would be great to have Huldra/Adversary on this forum. She was the only WP critic I ever found who was watching the Israel/Palestine squabbling closely and keeping track of things therein.)

But even MONGO was an "old line" Wikipedian. He actually wrote some useful content when he wasn't banning people and getting things oversighted. Most of the current admin crowd couldn't write a usable paragraph about a videogame, much less a whole article.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:59 pm

That's a very readable post. Very helpful to get a quick picture of the power MONGO wielded.

I'd missed a couple of your blog posts. Thanks for putting the link to this on here.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:54 pm

Oddly, I just watched Blazing Saddles for the first time the other day. Since reading excerpts from Eric's book I've wondered why Bishonen alleges she is so tight with MONGO.

Mutineer
Sucks Fan

Post by Mutineer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:15 am

"You know what, I think I will now delete the history of those IP's just so you stay curious," says the Wikipedia administrator Mongo. Great one for the book, Strel, which deserves another hidden backup.
I am "Modsquad" here, and participate, but I don't want you to think we can't have an angry argument.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:50 pm

Nobody got the Martin Bormann joke, which was right out of the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka movie.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.