2021 ArbCom election

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Re: 2021 ArbCom election

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:35 pm

Horizon of Happy was a new user, just asking perfectly valid questions of the candidates. Nice and polite, informative, constructive.

There was no policy based reason to expect any abuse was occurring, no reason to think any policy was being violated, and a satisfactory explanation of why a new user was asking such questions was given....
I have no main account except this one. This is a valid WP:CLEANSTART account, and my future participation on Wikipedia will depend on whether or not my perfectly legitimate questions are going to be afforded the respect they deserve. I remind you that you have no grounds to ask what my prior account was unless you have proof of specific abuse occurring (project socks are allowed where there is a direct impact on their account). Is it your intention to claim you see such evidence here, in my questions? Or are you simply unaware of (admittedly complex) but nonetheless important policy governing the use of accounts? Horizon of Happy (talk) 15:33, 17 November 2021 (UTC)
You can probably guess what happened next.
18:07, 17 November 2021 Zzuuzz talk contribs blocked Horizon of Happy talk contribs with an expiration time of indefinite (account creation blocked, email disabled, cannot edit own talk page) ({{checkuserblock-account}}: AttackTheMoonNow, Brian K Horton, etc)
This is corruption. The very people tasked with stopping CheckUsers abusing their powers this way, are ArbCom. They could not have been clearer in the wake of Bbb23, this sort of fishing needs to stop. It. Is. Illegal.

How ironic that one of the questions asked was whether Wikipedia needs to stop the practice of routinely locking out users who would benefit from being able to publicly and transparently appeal a block.

Worm That Turned was the only person to even answer a question, which confirmed what I said earlier.

I wonder if he wants to revise his answer, now he has seen, first hand, how bold and brazen the practices of corruption and abuse of power really are on Wikipedia.

If they can abuse their power to influence the election of the very people who will ultimately be their bosses tasked with stopping this exact form of abuse, and if they can abuse their power to stop that being highlighted in a transparent manner, then they can do anything.

Anything.

As ever, this proves yet again that anyone who participates in any Wikipedia process on the assumption it is fair and transparent, is a fucking moron.

This is the beauty of the cult. The little people never really understand their role in the mass deception, until they're so invested they can't leave even if they wanted to.

Sucks to be you, Hemenchuia. :oops:

Now off you go, cast your vote, like the puppet you are.

You have plenty of choice. Ten candidates for eight seats! Eleven if you're the sort of prat who would seriously vote for a red linked non-Admin.

:lol:

Anyone would think the decay is a sign something is fundamentally wrong with Wikipedia.

Not Wikipedia editors it seems.

:roll:

As ever, Wikipediocracy's contribution to this valuable exercise, was precisely nil.

Indeed, it was probably they who tipped Zzzuzz off that his knack for corruption was required once again.

They'll never get it. ;)

HTD.

:deadbanana:

BREAKING....

Clearly Zzzuzz shat himself and realised this was no ordinary everyday abuse, and so has actually bothered to offer an explanation, all be it not to the blocked user....
I'm just noting for the record that I've blocked Horizon of Happy (talk · contribs · block log) who I have CU-confirmed to be a sock of WMF-legal globally banned user known as AttackTheMoonNow (talk · contribs · block log). If they want to appeal to ArbCom they're welcome to do that; I can also provide private information regarding this block to any checkusers. What you do with the questions they asked is more related to the coordinators or the candidates than to me. -- zzuuzz (talk) 18:53, 17 November 2021 (UTC)
You can tell from the 46 minute delay between his block and his noting of it, that he was scrambling around trying to falsify logs or otherwise manufacture some evidence or reason that justifies what is clearly a fishing block.

The user probably won't appeal. Why would you trust any avenue of appeal that can't be overseen by people who have no conflict of interest in the outcome? Would you use an avenue of appeal that gives people who have already invaded your privacy, even more personal information?

This is process theater.

This is window dressing.

This is all to make those mugs that are lower down the food chain in the cult, really believe the rules matter.

They don't.

There were no grounds to check. If anyone can see otherwise, name it.

To anyone who wants to see that "private information" that resulted from this improper check and presumably (although you'll never know if they even fake this too) confirmed the sock, bear in mind it was obtained illegally, so that could make you an accessory after the fact (and if you disagree, by all means, try and find anyone on Wikipedia who will state for for record, that it was not).

They think you're idiots.

And to be fair, you really are.

But hey, happy voting! :ugeek:

You get the corrupt bastards you deserve. :roll:

rog
Sucks Fan

Post by rog » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:37 pm

Newyorkbrad wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:26 am
Hi everybody.

Hello Ira!

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:33 pm

rog wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:37 pm
Newyorkbrad wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:26 am
Hi everybody.
Hello Ira!
Gee, this might take the expertise of Yamla to figure out.

:roll:

I wonder what it says about Wikipediocracy to see multiple Wikipedia higher ups taking the time and effort to correct something that really doesn't matter, all for a scumbag like Hillbillyholiday, and yet for serious acts of corruption and illegality, neither Wikipedia or Wikipediocracy seem willing to lift a finger.

Does the label sellout forum even cover what this all might be about?

Are the likes of Floquenbeam hoping that at a later date, Hillbillyholiday will be more amenable to the suggestion of an information exchange?

Wikipediocracy and Wikipedia are amassing an ever larger body of common enemies, after all.

I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. :mrgreen:

If only because they all seem to be pretty thick.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:26 am

Update on Horizon of Happy
ElectCom has elected to collapse all questions from this user. —CYBERPOWER (Message) 01:21, 18 November 2021 (UTC)

So much for this idea that Globally Banned users pose serious threats. :roll:

Hey, Hillbillyholiday, in your wildest troll-jester dreams, did you ever think you'd live to see the day you could claim to have got content marked as being from a "WMF Banned User" placed permanently over several ArbCom election pages, during the election?

It's got to be absolutely eating you alive that even now, I feel no particular need to either claim this work as mine, or deny it.

It stands as what it is. A memorial to the stupidity of the WMF, the stupidity of Wikipedia's self governance, and the decay of the ArbCom election process.

I would be proud to have done it, and proud to simply be documenting it. Or to be directing it, advising it, inspiring it, or paying for it.

All these things are possible. A well chosen strategy allows for them all. 8-)

What certainly doesn't explain it, are any of the daft theories and absurd attacks that come my way from your side of the fence. But come they do. :oops:

So you see, as is my gift in life, I now get to post explicit criticism of Wikipedia and implied criticism of Wikipediocracy all in one go. :twisted:

And I also now get to sit here and wait to see if certain Bastards of Teh Wiki will be sufficiently annoyed by this post to risk being seen to pressure elected officials into changing thier minds.

Can't move in here today for serious points being made AND fun being had.

Just an average day for me too, if you're being honest with yourself.

:D

How's about you HH? Done anything worthwhile today?

What'd I miss?

rog
Sucks Fan

Post by rog » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:20 pm

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:26 am
How's about you HH? Done anything worthwhile today?

What'd I miss?

genderdesk.wordpress.com/2021/11/17/wikipediocracy-bans-new-york-brad/

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:46 pm

rog wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:20 pm
Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:26 am
What'd I miss?
genderdesk.wordpress.com/2021/11/17/wikipediocracy-bans-new-york-brad/

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

You suck, Ira.
I have always thought that you sucked, Ira.
You're an indifferent attorney and a shit "leader", Ira.
And I'm not the only one who thinks you suck, Ira.

You, and all your high-ranking little Wiki-Friends, are a bunch of fucking poltroons, Ira.
Chris Thompson is a poltroon. Ritchie Swann is a poltroon. NO ONE reaches a position of "trusted administrator" on Wikipedia without being a goddamn poltroon. It's an unwritten part of the "job description".

Smiley: if you truly have seized NYB's account here, please feel free to post horrible and offensive things. IN HIS NAME. I will personally preserve them.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:15 pm

Vigilant is a poltroon too, but sometimes he's disturbingly accurate.
So, the 'court-of-law' candidate is a guilty until proven innocent type.

Evidence and due process are just 'nice-to-haves'...

In Fram's case, the complainant was the wife of the WMF Chair of the Board of Trustees and was corruptly engaged in paid editing.
The funniest part of jimmy.cafe (now pulled down) wasn't the self-congratulatory preening. It was the numerous misspellings.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... en&ct=clnk

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:59 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:15 pm
Vigilant is a poltroon too, but sometimes he's disturbingly accurate.
In Fram's case, the complainant was the wife of the WMF Chair of the Board of Trustees and was corruptly engaged in paid editing.
It's straight up conspiracy theory cobblers. Part fact, part supposition, part completely made up. But presented as if 100% fact. Incontrovertible.

He fucking knows it too. But he's spent far too long peddling it to back down now!

The fucking fanny. :lol:

If you don't believe me, test him.

Offer him a spot on the blog, tell him you'll happily publish a 1,000 word summary of the Fram saga from beginning to end, if he cares to submit it. Remind him there's nobody here who fears being sued, and that the servers are bombproof.

But if possible, remind him we do want a largely fact or reasonable assumption based piece, simply because we don't like looking unprofessional.

Remind him we (I) am across all the known facts of the scandal just as much as he is, so I know which bits of the story he has to leave out or misrepresent to make his version sound even remotely plausible. Remind him that I reserve the right to publish a second version of this piece with my clarifications in red ink.

I guarantee he'll find some excuse why he can't do you that one professional service, in the name of the cause.

He'll offer some excuse why his current strategy of just bringing it up every change he gets but never in a way that can be checked or fully understood, somehow makes sense. That it will somehow bring down the WMF.

He's a fucking embarrassment is what he is.

Jake's useful idiot. Jake publicly supports his batshit theory, safe in the knowledge he has given enough signals to the Foundation that there's no danger of him ever publishing it because he knows how much of it is just Vigilant's fever dreams, and he knows most of the Wikipedia editors he courts don't really believe it either, because they can see how flimsy his actual proof is and how plausible the alternatives really are.

I'm mean, come on, sometimes he genuinely acts like Fram was just some innocent guy, an ordinary Admin going about his ordinary business, and there's no other rhyme or reason in thinking the WMF had any just cause to light him up, than this lesbian power couple conspiracy theory.

It's not a good look, because it shows he is either genuinely forgetting important details, really important details, or he is deliberately omitting them because they are inconvenient to his desired narrative.

Offer him his spot, centre stage.

He'll not take it.

He knows what he is. He knows what he's done.

Gone full JFK.

He knows I'll never let him live it down, I'll keep reminding people what's what here, unless or until he recants the ways of the tinfoil hat wearers.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:15 am

Speak of the devil...
There were multiple people from the WMUK insider's club on Laura Hale's squad.
He just throws this shit around the forum, semi randomly, no links, no nothing.

(sounds like something their brand new Mod could stamp down on, eh?) :lol:

You can barely believe from his flippancy that what he's actually leaving breadcrumbs over, is potentially one of the most explosive scandals in Wikipedia history.

If, of course, it could be stood up.

Did she have a squad? Who was in it and what did they do? Just one of the many things he could lay out in a 1,000 word summation here, without even the burden of having to make it lawyer proof.

At the very least, getting an unverifiable mostly theroetical would totally get you sued version out there (here) which a journalist can use as the basis of asking questions, would be of some use to the cause.

Buy, y'know, if he's got better things to do with his time than that.... :roll:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:07 am

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:59 am
If you don't believe me, test him.

Offer him a spot on the blog, tell him you'll happily publish a 1,000 word summary of the Fram saga from beginning to end, if he cares to submit it. Remind him there's nobody here who fears being sued, and that the servers are bombproof.
No. You can try it (since you obviously have plenty of spare time).

For the nth time, Vigilant is not a "critic". He is only hanging around WPO for his own twisted pleasure.