2021 ArbCom election

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Re: 2021 ArbCom election

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:02 pm

Wow.
Given your reluctant candidacy, your limited service and the not insignificant opposition at your RfA, how open are you to the idea that ArbCom perhaps might be better off having fewer members returned this year, rather than electing candidates who may not yet be able to command the required level of trust and respect through no fault of their own? In other words, do you believe the Committee is better off being a certain size regardless of its makeup, or do you have any reason why you specifically should be elected in spite of your limited experience? Horizon of Happy (talk) 11:15, 17 November 2021 (UTC)
I refute your assumed equivalence between time served and experience. If I stopped editing today, and did the bare minimum to avoid an inactivity desysop, I would progress up the Wikipedia:Administrative service awards until March 2026. I would have improved not one iota as an editor or as an admin but would, by your criteria have 6 years experience rather than a just under two. None of the serving arbitrators (so far as I have seen) have indicated that the last year at Arbcom has been such a cushy number that they feel fewer members are required. Cabayi (talk) 09:58, 18 November 2021 (UTC)
Hard pass!

This looks increasingly likely to be the first year ever where fewer candidates reach the minimum support threshold than there are seats available.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:10 pm

Hilarious.

Unsurprisingly, Banedon didn't answer this question....
Why have you never submitted an RfA? For context, no non-Admin has ever been elected to ArbCom (and for that matter, no user without a user page has ever passed RfA). Horizon of Happy (talk) 11:29, 17 November 2021 (UTC)
But NOBODY, not even Banedon, seems to have realised that a legitimate question has somehow been wrapped in the WMF Banned User hide box.

This bizarrely seems to be the reason Banedon hasn't answered it either.

Absolute incompetence.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:27 pm

More hilarity.
You have a below average length of service as an Administrator and not much participation in the so called drama board aspects of dispute resolution. Is there anything else in your experience that might convince people you have the requisite empathy for how hard it can often be to live up to the high ideals of ADMINCOND when confronted with the sort of disputes that characterises the ArbCom end of things? Horizon of Happy (talk) 11:03, 17 November 2021 (UTC)

Blocked as a WMF-banned user. If a good-faith user should wish to ask a similar question, please feel free. --Izno (talk) 18:30, 17 November 2021 (UTC)
I think you've already told any interested parties what they needed to know, numbnuts.

That said, as we know, people who show a willingness to follow cult rule #1 unfailingly, will probably attract lots of votes. A cult is what a cult does.

In reality, and well illustrating his unsuitability for the role, a basic bitch like this will get eaten alive in any kind of Case that involves stuff like the time Floquenbeam decided to smash the WMF servers just because he could.

Which is, of course exactly how the likes of Floquenbeam want it.

In their eyes, ArbCom is below such Powah Uzahs.

And Fram. Oh Lordy, this guy in the Fram case? Holy cowzers! Lest anyone forget, FRAM WAS WMF BANNED.

Who knows, maybe Horizon of Happy was also convicted based on evidence he wasn't shown, and in a manner he cannot appeal?

I'm just sayin'

:lol:

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Responding to WMF-banned user's question

Just checking: can I respond? Didn't see anything in the big green box or on the question page, but I could've missed it. I recall candidates were allowed to respond in a vaguely similar situation last year by editing the collapsed content (example). Enterprisey (talk!) 08:38, 18 November 2021 (UTC)

@Enterprisey: as the election commission decided not to remove that question, just collapse it (decision), that appears to be left up to the candidates. — xaosflux Talk 10:33, 18 November 2021 (UTC)
Does this perhaps show just how astonishingly bad this year's crop of candidates is?

I mean Jesus Christ. "Just checking"?

You're applying for the most powerful position on Wikipedia. Your role will inherently require you to bring decisiveness to indecision.

If you don't know (and can't figure it out without making your ignorance publicly known), what chance any of the mere mortals of knowing how to safely navigate the Wikipedia bureaucracy?

This does not inspire confidence.

But hey, it's not me this guy will be in charge of, if (when!) he is coronated.

If there were twenty candidates, you'd hope this one act of crazy indecision, when seen in light of his lack of experience, would see him passed over.

Sadly for Wikipedia, they have reached the point where they need to decide whether to wave through clealry unsuitable candidates, or have empty seats.

:oops:

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:28 pm

Oh dear....
It's true, I have a lot of patience. I like to look beyond the pressing issue to see a root cause, which in theory should solve the problem better than treating the symptom. However, in recent years, my patience has worn thinner, and especially on Arbcom, I do end up drawing the line under individuals that I would like to have been able to spend more time rehabilitating, if my time and energy was infinite. So, I'm not sure my work from 10 years ago has that much relevance here and worry it may give a different impression of what I actually do these days. WormTT(talk) 10:29, 19 November 2021 (UTC)
Hence the wisdom of ensuring a steady flow of qualified candidates to replace the incumbents.

Not a lot of wisdom on Wikipedia. :lol:

Can you even imagine being adjudicated by a combination of an impatient and jaded old guard, and the assorted gaggle of ill equipped noobs, with both cadres being mostly made up of people who didn't want the job anyway!

:oops:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:37 pm

Dude, srsly.....

Instead of trying to bitch at people posting in the Arbcom commentary HERE, why don't your use some of your sockpuppet army ;) THERE to bitch them out directly? Insiders do watch this forum but most of the suckers voting for arbitrators will never see your commentary, because "it's a BANNED FORUM full of BANNED USERS".

In a truly successful cult, the average member is totally unaware of critics of the cult. They "don't exist" because blind acceptance of the lies spewed by the cult leaders creates a "pocket universe" were up is down and no is yes, and so forth.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:21 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:37 pm
Dude, srsly.....

Instead of trying to bitch at people posting in the Arbcom commentary HERE, why don't your use some of your sockpuppet army ;) THERE to bitch them out directly? Insiders do watch this forum but most of the suckers voting for arbitrators will never see your commentary, because "it's a BANNED FORUM full of BANNED USERS".

In a truly successful cult, the average member is totally unaware of critics of the cult. They "don't exist" because blind acceptance of the lies spewed by the cult leaders creates a "pocket universe" were up is down and no is yes, and so forth.
You answered your own question.

What kind of muppet wastes their time trying to speak to average cult members in their own club house? Even those who want to listen, will be prevented from doing so by their superiors. A cult is what a cult does.

Whosoever is attributed as being a member of my sock army, is most assuredly not there to interact with the average locals, or do something as one dimensional as influence the sucker voters in a cult organised election to appoint their next deputy assistant leaders.

The surprising success of the Horizon of Happy insurrection, is not that the Good Word was spread, but that someone in the cult, this mysterious ElectCom, are apparently sympathetic to our noble cause. People who perhaps realised the lesson of Framgate was not to fight your nature, it's to question what it is.

It should be a point to pride that to the cult, we officially dont exsit. That our simple observations using our simple instruments, pose the sort of threat to the cult that astronomers did to organised religion.

We should be glad that that those who have been reading this thread, and they have been, those not doing so for counter insurgency purposes, have to feel like they've done something naughty. It's a measure of success. Can you call yourself a terror threat, if nobody in power has ever designated you a terrorist?

We are forbidden fruit!

Take note, Wikipediocracy. Not so much a terror threat, as on the pathway to associate territory status!

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:24 pm

Vote Wugapodes!

If only because, well, who doesn't want to see this mind at work on PD pages...
When my partner drops and breaks (yet another) glass, I help him clean it up and try to get him to do better. Yeah, I might get mad or snarky if I'm having a bad day, but my first resort isn't to kick him out of the house or take him to small claims court for the $5 I lost. Of course, I could, but is that truly going to make anyone's lives better? That said, not everyone is in a healthy or safe relationship, and financial abuse is real, so it is incredibly important that the community keep those options available even if they are not ideal for my particular situation.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:16 pm

To nobody's great surprise I'm sure, with two days to go before polls open, Fram is busy shitting up this election with an interpersonal feud with a candidate that seems like a struggle to the death for the soul of a Wikipedia, and which due to its impenetrable nature and Fram's patented style of rhetoric, long ago passed the point anyone could offer any assistance, in the unlikely event Fram even wished to pass off whatever this bullshit is to the community to resolve, which of course, he doesn't.

So yes, I heartily endorse the Wikipediocracy view that this whole election should be about Framgate.

As in......please vote for any candidate who has the balls and the sense to stand up and admit that the community has been far too tolerant for far too long of massive assholes like Fram, even rewarding them for fuck's sake, and prior ArbComs have total and complete responsibility for showing such cowardice in the face of their sworn duty.

To paraphrase a previous very competent Arb, who was hounded out of their role by a Wikipediocracy mob, Fram is not and never has been a Wikipedian.

Truism. Seriously, read the fucking policies if you need a reminder of how a Wikipedia editor is supposed to behave. It's not rocket science. Be nice, be constructive, be collaborative. Don't be a jerk.

Fram has only ever been an individual, and he has only ever seen Wikipedia as a means to exercise whatever fucked up demons he has which make him such a massive asshole. Protecting Wikipedia has only ever been an excuse. Needless to say, this appeals to the island of broken toys that is Wikipediocracy.

It was no surprise that Wikipediocracy failed to spot the tell tale signs in the latest Fram debacle, the Mike Peel drama. Failed to spot the three magic words that showed Fram's complaint was merely a proxy for him engaging in his favourite activity, playing WikiCop.

It says a lot that taking Fram's badge off him, has had no discernable change in what Fram is, what he wants to do on Wikipedia or how he speaks to people.

It says a lot that in prior ArbCom's wisdom, removing Fram's editing privileges wasn't even on the table. Not even a consideration. You can be like Fram, and they see no problem with that at all.

It had been suggested this is excusable because Fram is usually right. Well, fuck me if the Mike Peel case wasn't yet again another case of Fram only being half right, and the part he got wrong being about Fram trying to cause even more drama than was necessary, thereby feeding his demons.

Fram doesn't want solutions, he wants victims. He wants drama. He wants VICTORY. Damn right a fucked up bastard like that wouldn't see the real impact of his "stewardship" of Wikipedia on women.

Any community that tolerates this being how their leaders act, deserves to be burned to the ground, for they have truly proven, they are one hundred percent asshole.

Women don't want that.

And they're sick of telling Wikipedia what they don't want, because Wikipedia CLEARLY ISN'T LISTENING.

Hence why this election only even has one women candidate, one who comes from the failed era, where ArbCom failed to identify, much less act on, the problem that Fram represents.

Fram fails to mee the minimum standard. All day, every day.

Don't elect anyone who doesn't see it.

Although your choices in that regard might be quite limited!

HTD.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:17 pm

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:21 pm
You answered your own question.

What kind of muppet wastes their time trying to speak to average cult members in their own club house? Even those who want to listen, will be prevented from doing so by their superiors. A cult is what a cult does.
I should have added: "unlike most other cults, who end up hiding in isolated compounds or locked buildings surrounded by armed guards, the wiki cult leaks like a broken gutter. Otherwise we would never have the entertainment value of their noticeboard explosions."

It is a cult that openly displays their epic stupidity every day. Be thankful.

Also, kindly post a link to the Fram-shitting-up, pls.