They banned Richard Silverstein from Reddit.....

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

They banned Richard Silverstein from Reddit.....

Post by Strelnikov » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:51 pm

https://www.richardsilverstein.com/2022 ... ensorship/

Why this is in the Wikipedia space:

.....When Aaron Swartz founded Reddit and Jimmy Wales founded Wikipedia, they created a wonderful, democratic, de-centralized forum to share and disseminate critical views and content. The vehicle they created was incredibly innovative–a perfect example of the internet at its best.

But the very decentralized, democratic nature of the platforms opened them to manipulation by those who violated the spirit and mission of the sites. Most management functions were performed by volunteers who earned their roles via previous levels of participation. As such, while there were standards which had to be met to take on an administrative role, there were groups and individuals who could game the system in favor of their own interests.

This is especially true of Wikipedia, with pro-Israel editors blanketing specific articles with comments and edits, and voting down edits and articles which harm Israeli interests. Currently, most Israel-Palestine content is restricted, and only users who’ve made 500 previous edits can do so to these articles.

What they did to Silverstein is a sort of journalistic malpractice; he wasn't on Reddit for larfs, he was trying to get information for news articles and research for blog articles on Israel, because his blog (Tikun Olam) is utterly about security issues within Israel. And talking about Israel online is radioactive.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: They banned Richard Silverstein from Reddit.....

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:48 pm

In other words, it’s possible that a pro-Israel group within Reddit is orchestrating this effort; and they may be directed by the numerous semi-official campaigns directed by Israeli ministries and their external assets.
The chances that Israeli online campaigners have managed to "capture" power on Reddit are excellent. They have tried to control ANY website where discussion of Israel, Palestine or related things occur. And Silverstein is undeniably one of their favorite targets.

This was tried on Wikipedia. Remember that besides nuts like Jayjg, SlimVirgin, Shankbone etc, the Israeli government had at least two known paid employees (and probably more!) trying to control Wikipedia content. Plus a series of CAMERA and NGO Monitor operatives. Plus Joel Leyden. Plus David Brotsky (lol). They failed, arbitrations restricted their abuses, and now most of that content has become far more neutral than it was in 2010.

Silverstein's problems with WP date waaaay back.
https://www.richardsilverstein.com/2008 ... o-respect/

Leave us not forget this:
Kigelim, appeared in 2015 and gave the impression of being an Israeli and LGBT. But soon started attacking Israel critics such as William Schabas. He (She? It?) absolutely despises blogger Richard Silverstein, who claimed that Kigelim had also been attacking him on his blog comments, using the name "Ariel Levy".
https://www.richardsilverstein.com/2018 ... ia-stalker

Reddit is even better for "political heeling", because it's far more opaque and secretive.

hyatt
Sucks

Post by hyatt » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:58 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:48 pm
The chances that Israeli online campaigners have managed to "capture" power on Reddit are excellent.
The people who captured power on Reddit are the Demos network of which Teneo is a subsidiary, through Nick Claydon.

Many of the people that Israel relied on for its PR were British agents who flipped and went to the other side because the money was better. It is a big mistake to trust the Rothschilds, Bronfmans, and WJC.

The entire Rothschild network appears to have been working for Qatar, with the opportunity presented the presence of by two Qatar Foundation International board members on the board of Carnegie Corporation with Don Randel of Lord Jacob Rothschild's Arcadia Fund. Arcadia is a $5m donor to Wikipedia and donates to the Berkman Center for Internet and Society. Berkman, MIT, and Microsoft Research form the New England research triangle which employs a bunch of Wikipedia admins who claim not to know each other. Berkman is also funded by the US State Department and USAID, by Google (which Is Not What It Seems), by George Soros who is alleged to have a relationship with Sir Geoffrey Pattie, founder and chairman of Cambridge Analytica and parent SCL Group (Strategic Communications Laboratories), and by the International Development Research Centre which is a Canadian government agency.

The IDRC board (pg.19) includes one Xue Lan who is Dean of the School of Public Policy and Management at Tsinghua University, a member of the Expert Committee on Emergency Management of the State Council of China, Vice President of China Association of Public Administration, etc.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:06 am

(I don't know who Silverstein is but this is what I see after a quick review)
(I am sure he was ass-launched from Reddit or elsewhere for his viewpoints, findings, position points, or opinions; Wikipedia is not one of the places he is banned from - he has a home at Wikipedia - he blends in with the terabytes of tripe on Wikipedia)

The Wikipedia entry for Silverstein via Tikun Olam has not been updated since late 2021. I am sure any changes to the entry will be met with maximum retaliation, rule throwing, or banning. (probably by Silverstein himself)

I would say that Wikipedia is "warm" if not "Glowing in its acceptance" of a "liberal Jewish blog" that "focuses on exposing the excesses of the Israeli national security state" Being rhetorical here, if you said the opposite of what he stands for you would be ass-launched from Wikipedia in two seconds.

The wikipedia article is poorly written; its probably written by Silverstein himself. As a follow on edit here, I am 100% sure that Silverstein wrote his own Wikipedia page, 100%!

A first big "tell" to me was the overuse of the word "Affair," as in the "Thomas Crown Affair," "An affair of spy's," The Dryfus affair," or the "Cairo Affair." HIs landmark blog is a conspiracy-spy thriller of epic proportions that is all made up to titillate, convert the converted, or generate click-bait.

Conspiracies if you want to learn more;

http://livingstingy.blogspot.com/2020/0 ... ssion.html

Ironically his talk page speaks to the same point; "After carefully reading the article and reviewing the sources it seems most of the content comes from Silverstein's blog."

No kidding... (HCMWSHWTAHAPIOW - He can make whatever stuff he want to about himself and paste it on Wikipedia). Its a free country (sort of) so he can make up whatever stuff he wants that will support his position - In fact he did/does if you read and examine the veracity of the reference links on his blog .

More proof. He admits that he is master of his own domain;

https://www.richardsilverstein.com/2008 ... o-respect/

------Wikipedia articles arguing that by linking to my blog I’ve created a conflict of interest. Given that the conflict of interest rules were created mainly to prevent commercial entities from either promoting themselves or tearing down their rivals, they aren’t relevant to my situation.

So basically he is saying that he was involved in the writing of his own Wikipedia page. I came to that conclusion by reading the tone his Wikipedia page without knowing who the subject was or what he was talking about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikun_Olam_(blog)

The blog starts of by complaining that "liberal" viewpoints (such as his) are censored while "right wing" viewpoints rule the roost.
Of course, the blog intentionally misquotes a "study" that does not support the self proscribed victim-hood he espouses. Not expecting anyone to vette a quotation, his blog flips the whole point of the article it quotes to mean the exact opposite of its conclusion. The conclusion was that there was no metrics supporting the claim that Right Wing viewpoints were quashed and censored.

IMHO if you have an argument 1) make that argument 2) support it by facts 3) don't lie.

His source article makes the conclusion that Section 230 has to go! so that sites such as Wikipedia would pay a price for allowing egregious content to take hold. But that is not what he is talking about! At least his misquote makes a good point.

[The conclusion; there is no Tikun Olam Affair or Silverstein Affair on Wikipedia

Frankly, Wikipeida (and the Wikipedia-idiots) are quite happy to have Silverstein write his own entry as a liberal Jewish blog championing against the Israeli security apparatus.

The are very few "wing-nuts" actively edit warring a vanity press entry of a "spin head." If he had more interest the wiki-idiots would be on him like "White on rice." (<-I don't know if it PC to say that any more)

Once again to quote Robert Heinlein, "Its just talk-talk...."

In contrast, I spent my day sailing in winds beyond the boats design which was a thrill, I had some nice time with three other sailors, and there was very little talk-talk)

PS a more sailient point to me is that

Russia exports 1.4 Billion dollars worth of stuff to Israel and Israel exports 834 million in return. Dollar wise this is not allot but the relationship is something to consider

426 Billion Russian exports vs 247 Billion imports worldwide. The imports are all high value items including capital goods, machinery, consumer goods and technology; the exports are mostly low value added raw materials.
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:56 am

wexter wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:06 am
The Wikipedia entry for Silverstein via Tikun Olam has not been updated since late 2021. I am sure any changes to the entry will be met with maximum retaliation, rule throwing, or banning. (probably by Silverstein himself)
Possible but unlikely.
The wikipedia article is poorly written; its probably written by Silverstein himself. As a follow on edit here, I am 100% sure that Silverstein wrote his own Wikipedia page, 100%!
He did not originate it, but this obscure account was used to modify it numerous times since 2011. It's pronounced "Ishradio", meaning "radio operator". THIS is the account the Wiki-Snots should be banning if they really want to get rid of him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:%D7% ... 7%9E%D7%9F

He also did some work on this, which is exactly the sort of content Silverstein would work on. Plus other related stories of Israeli government scandals and "seeekret prisoners".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Ben_Zygier

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:44 pm

PS:

Months ago Silverstein showed up on r/redditcritiques, the subreddit I started long ago to post Reddit messes. He's been using it to complain about the usual things. At least SOMEONE is using the thing....

I could start a hundred forums, subreddits, etc. to give a place for critiques of "web giants". It doesn't seem to do very much. Obsessive nerds give no shits about criticism, constructive or otherwise.