Wikipedia co-founder tells Neil Oliver: The Establishment Left radicals have taken over the website

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
suckadmin
Janitor

Wikipedia co-founder tells Neil Oliver: The Establishment Left radicals have taken over the website

Post by suckadmin » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:04 am

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Wikipedia co-founder tells Neil Oliver: The Establishment Left radicals have taken over the website

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:05 am

:D

They did that A VERY LONG TIME AGO. Plus it is far, far too late for Larry to complain about it. He really should have mentioned The Cunctator, the first harbinger of the paranoid-hate-read leftists who eventually controlled it. All this crap started with Cunc manipulating and up-sucking to Jimbo in return for "certain changes", wayyy back in 2001-2002. I suspect Cunc was one of the people pushing Wales to kick Sanger out. Cuncy-boy also used that early "power" to do silly things like write long screeds attacking Jack Abramoff.

And they continue to control it. Inevitably the Wikipedia article about GB News (a relatively new channel) takes cheap shots at them. Have yourself a perfect example of Wikipedia "hate read" material.
The channel launched to a mixed reception.[94][95] Judith Woods, writing for The Telegraph two days after the channel's launch, described it as "unutterably awful; boring, repetitive and cheapskate", rating it one out of five stars. Chris Bennion of The Telegraph rated it four out of five stars, writing, "On launch night, the GB News message came through loud and clear – despite glitches."[94][96] Jemima Kelly wrote for the Financial Times, "GB News is so tedious, so lacking in nuance, so whiny and frankly so low-quality, it is actually making me more sympathetic to the cause of those they deem 'woke'."[97]

In February 2021, four months before the station began broadcasting, the pressure group Stop Funding Hate called for advertisers to boycott the station, based on what they thought it would represent.[98]

In June 2021, following the station's launch, several brands including Vodafone, IKEA, Kopparbergs Brewery, Grolsch, Nivea, Pinterest, Specsavers and Octopus Energy paused their advertising on the channel, expressing concerns over its content. Some of these advertisements had been placed on the brands' behalf without their knowledge, by Sky Media through their advertising opt-outs during GB News's schedule.[99][100][101] The Culture Secretary, Oliver Dowden, criticised Stop Funding Hate and what he described as "a vocal Twitter minority" for calling for the advertising boycott.[102][103]
"based on what they thought it would represent"? They had not even seen it yet, and were screaming for a boycott?

Checked the history, yes there are British leftists controlling it, as well as the usual maniac robots. I have no idea who Andysmith248 is, but he wrote this petty little article specifically to snipe at Theresa May--something he clearly loves to do. My nomination for Stupid Article Of The Month:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_t ... s_of_wheat

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Re: Wikipedia co-founder tells Neil Oliver: The Establishment Left radicals have taken over the website

Post by Strelnikov » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:40 pm

"based on what they thought it would represent"? They had not even seen it yet, and were screaming for a boycott?
It was based on who was involved with promoting GB News from the outset, and that guy was Andrew Neil, ex-editor of The Week and The Daily Mail, had a politics show on BBC-TV for twenty-plus years. Guy is an old school Tory who now lives in France, which seems to be a goal of a certain cohort of British media people; Johnathan Meades (filmmaker, ex-food critic, architecture critic, and cultural commentator) also lives in République française. Just look up Neil. You have to understand that the sort of people who would create a channel like GB News would have put money into another tabloid newspaper/website if video didn't pop the way it does. And the channel has gone down the way Stop Funding Hate thought it would, with Brexiter Nigel Farage showing up after Neil quit last year. Finally, Mark Steyn is involved with the channel -- I remember him doing a piece for R. Emmet Tyrell's American Spectator in the 1990s, before the magazine imploded over costs involved with an idiotic Whitewater investigation. Tyrell brought the sunk publication back and then made it an online-only magazine. And that's all I know about Steyn, besides he is Canadian.

A view of the channel from an actual British person:
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:35 am

Funny video, but Fox has equally stupid things happening on live cameras every day. More than 10 years ago The Daily Show routinely ran crazy Fox News crap. I'm guessing they gave up after realizing how much there was. Screamy OMG-the-end-is-nigh 24/7 cable news is an ugly little world.

Few things are more ridiculous than putting Farage on as a "commentator". Like Boris Johnson he's literally a cartoon character. What kind of vengeful UK voter would take him, his "keep the bloody wogs and Poles out" routine, and his gray skin, and his green teeth seriously? (It's too late, Nigel, your glorious nation is already full of them!) I could ask the same about Corbyn, being just a more-leftish version. The UK is turning into a giant not-funny Simpsons sketch. The US already made it.
https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/The_Bi ... ish_Smiles