Wikipedia "Through the Looking Glass" in the aftermath of Twitter Files AfD

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Captain Occam
Sucks Noob

Re: Wikipedia "Through the Looking Glass" in the aftermath of Twitter Files AfD

Post by Captain Occam » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:10 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:01 am
Unless you can find a serious book publisher with the balls to embarrass Wales and his slimy little friends, spare me the demands.
I recently recommended a publisher to EricBarbour who seems to be interested in publishing a book. Perhaps he could keep up updated on how that goes?

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:01 pm

He said somewhere that he got commissioned by the publisher, and is working on it.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:41 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:01 am
Ognistysztorm wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:30 am
I heard that Mr. Barbour has co-authored a "Through the Looking Glass" book with Larry Sanger and for unknown reasons remain unpublished. Wouldn't it be the best time ever for that to be released?

It was NOT "co-authored with Larry Sanger". The co-author is Edward Buckner. Sanger did encourage us to get it into print.

And as I've said before, repeated attempts to interest book publishers and literary agents in the book have failed. They seem quite afraid of the Wikipedia cult and the cult of Jimbo. Absurd as it sounds, he still has some sway in the corridors of power. It helps explain why he moved to the UK and married a speechwriter for Tony Blair--he's drilled his way into the Labourite scene. And as you probably know, it's easier to claim "libel" under UK law than in the US.

There is a chunk of great irony for you. Wales and his buttlicks built Wikipedia on the backs on American law, specifically the First Amendment, Section 230, and US law governing the Internet and nonprofit organizations. But he faced serious challenges, and his solution was to run off to Jollie Olde England, where people are tossed into jail occasionally because they said something that OFFENDED some massive twit with political power. The act of a coward and a weasel.

Unless you can find a serious book publisher with the balls to embarrass Wales and his slimy little friends, spare me the demands.
Is there an online version of the book?
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.