Research Article: Wikipedia’s Intentional Distortion of the History of the Holocaust

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Re: Research Article: Wikipedia’s Intentional Distortion of the History of the Holocaust

Post by Ognistysztorm » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:43 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:01 pm
Perhaps it could happen if Justapedia is launched mere days from now and somehow cause a critical mass of editors to move over there.
Please don't make me laugh. So long as WP keeps its fanatical cult going, no one will successfully challenge it.

I've added this stuff to the book wiki--stupid as it is, it's exactly what the book wiki is intended for.

Did anyone ever find out or keep track of which en-WP accounts Grabowski was using? I've seen it claimed that he was editing in the Polish article area before.
With this, it's safe to say that the "doomsday scenario" is going to be in speedrun mode.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Research Article: Wikipedia’s Intentional Distortion of the History of the Holocaust

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:04 am

boredbird wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:56 pm
Must use Glaukopis because Icewhiz.
Funny you should mention that
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaukopis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojciech_Muszy%C5%84ski

Created by one "TrangaBellam", who claims to be an "Indian immigrant" apparently now living in the Netherlands. Started editing en-WP in 2020. Being from India is believable....apart from Tranga's rather strange obsession with Polish right-wing politics in the past month.

The article talkpages are full of Tranga fighting with Piotrus and GizzyCatBella about every possible detail. They are following Tranga around in this subject area. Everyone cuckoo, no one "wins". As usual.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:05 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... l's_thesis
Mark Paul wrote: There is overwhelming evidence that Jews played an important, at times pivotal role, in arresting (...) in the aftermath of the September 1939 campaign and in deporting thousands of Poles to the Gulag.Collaboration in the destruction of the Polish state, and in the killing of its officials and military [in 1939-1941], constituted de facto collaboration with Nazi Germany, with which the Soviet Union shared a common, criminal purpose and agenda in 1939-1945.
So, Holocaust, yeah definitely happened – it was when Jews teamed up with Nazi Germany and the USSR to murder Poles!

Why would anyone feel the need to say that? Well see there's stuff like this which happened after the war, no Nazis around except maybe Polish ones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1144776344

So there needs to be a good reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... _relations
Wikipedia wrote: Żaryn, a co-editor of a two-volume monograph on the Kielce pogrom, has stated that "a significant proportion of Jewish individuals... supported the communist authorities or... joined their ranks"; he blames those individuals for being part of Communist censorship and propaganda organs, who were "deceitfully ... silent about Soviet massacres." This, he believes, "intensified anti-Semitic attitudes" that resulted in the Kielce pogrom.
You go into this thinking it's about details, maybe a "Holocaust industry" or something, but when you see what it's really about, no wonder Coffman Icewhiz Grabowki & Klein are pissed off.

Wojciech Muszyński, Żaryn's student and founder of Glaukopis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 0271#Views
Wikipedia wrote: during his candidacy, he posted an image of Barack Obama hanging from a noose on social media alongside a racist video about immigrants.
In 2019, Muszyński suggested that members of the left-wing Razem party should be thrown from helicopters as was done to leftists in Chile by the Pinochet dictatorship.
Keeping an eye on "Judeopolonia".

https://oko.press/wspolpracownik-dudy-c ... -muszynski

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:03 am

Here Volunteer Marek and GizzyCatBella argue that Glaukopis is a reliable source. Volunteer Marek compares Institut Glaukopis to a University press.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... is_journal
GizzyCatBella wrote: Glaukopis is an obvious peer-reviewed scholarly publication.
Volunteer Marek wrote: Generally Universities have their own presses and publish their own journals, with articles from their own faculty (some places, like MIT or Chicago, MOSTLY their own faculty). As long as the editorial board includes outside scholars and so does the peer review, then this shouldn't be a concern…Also it's a general humanities journal so there's nothing surprising about the fact that the editorial board has some non-historian scholars on it.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:37 pm

Things seem to be calmed a bit now. Any extrapolation as to where it's leading to given what's available currently?

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:28 pm

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:37 pm
Things seem to be calmed a bit now. Any extrapolation as to where it's leading to given what's available currently?
What should happen and what will happen are often two very different things. There seems to be agreement that something must be done. Predictions aren't worth much but here's my shot: Piotrus will be spared due to his history of assigning Wikipedia to his students, saying that people should use Wikipedia instead of reliable sources and palling around with the WMF. GizzyCatBella will be topic banned because he's a wikinobody. Marek could go either way.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:33 am

Looking at this GizzyBella's comment, which is as follows:
If you are right .. (I hope you aren't) then Icewhiz will be laughing his ass off for the rest of his miserable life. Laughing his ass off at the Wikipedia editors who allowed that to happen, but especially at the ArbCom folks. Notice please how stubborn that sick fella is (Icewhiz). He got banned from Wikipedia, went on Twitter, and got banned from there. Then he created multiple sock puppets, one of which was almost promoted to administrator status. (!) At the same time, he tormented his Wikipedia opponents in real life, impersonated others, and sent emails with severe harassment. Then he found some friendly Haaretz journalists who wrote rubbish based on his story. That didn't work, so he went knocking higher and higher and finally found a controversial scholar who agreed to produce another junk piece, but this time in an academic environment. What a fellow that Icewhiz is... I'm shaking my head with disbelief.
PS
Psst - do you hear that noise? Yes, that's Icewhiz and his few pals giggling :rotfl: at Wikipedia.
I realized that there is another corollary to Cla68's doomsday scenario with respect to Wikipedia. If GCB and VM succeeded in poisoning the well through usual bulverism and whataboutist tactics to escape punishments, Jewish lobby will turn the internet against all of them, yet if they are sanctioned with the topic area "effectively ceded to Icewhiz", this could open the door for countless re-litigation of content issues that are tarred by user conduct problems which in turn are corrupted by Wikipedia's toxic synergies.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:54 pm

More people sharing the belief that Arbcom will do nothing outside of some piecemeal sanctions, likely going full steam ahead with Cla68's doomsday scenario.
I'll concur in nableezy's prediction that GCB will end up TBanned as a remedy from this case.

Not ready to join him on predicting the same for VM; looking at the evidence summary page, the argument that he'd abandoned the topic area after Jehochman's Arbcase request up until the paper was published hasn't really been refuted, and I could see that swaying enough Arbs not to support the TBan vote (which will absolutely be in the proposed decision to vote on). I could also see a scenario where this TBan passes with a large or even unanimous majority, whereas I'd be very surprised if it had unanimous opposition.

A two-way IBan between VM and Gitz is the most likely sanction for them, I think.

In retrospect, Levivich's strategy for dealing with this case, i.e. "ignore it", was probably the best one from an "avoid sanctions" perspective, and I doubt he'll be sanctioned at all in the case remedies (unless some evidence against him is posted before the phase closes).

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:13 am

boredbird wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:28 pm
What should happen and what will happen are often two very different things. There seems to be agreement that something must be done. Predictions aren't worth much but here's my shot: Piotrus will be spared due to his history of assigning Wikipedia to his students, saying that people should use Wikipedia instead of reliable sources and palling around with the WMF. GizzyCatBella will be topic banned because he's a wikinobody. Marek could go either way.
This is all pure unadulterated stupid Arbcommery, and follows exactly from previous Holocaust and Eastern Europe squabbles. Whatever "decision" those nitwits arrive at will be cowardly, self-serving, and satisfy very few people--if any.
If GCB and VM succeeded in poisoning the well through usual bulverism and whataboutist tactics to escape punishments, Jewish lobby will turn the internet against all of them, yet if they are sanctioned with the topic area "effectively ceded to Icewhiz", this could open the door for countless re-litigation of content issues that are tarred by user conduct problems which in turn are corrupted by Wikipedia's toxic synergies.
We passed that point LOOOOONG ago. Whatever's left of the old pro-Israel gang doesn't have much remaining political clout on WP. Icewhiz fought many of the same battles the Wikilobby and others have already fought and lost. Unless Icewhiz has BIG $$$$ to outright BRIBE people--it's possible but I've seen very few cases of that happening before. No one wants to pay to control WP content, unless it's purely self-aggrandizing or serious government propagandism.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:24 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:13 am
No one wants to pay to control WP content, unless it's purely self-aggrandizing or serious government propaganda.
No one wants to pay to control Wikipedia content unless
-It is for public relations and/or advertising
-A personal credibility builder aka self-aggrandizement
-Special interest groups
-Nation States

Off to the side
-Large corporations such as Google and Facebook
----the money from large corporations is very meaningful to Wikipedia
----they don't care about content
----It is a cheap way to drive advertising revenue, chump change for a major Google profit center.

Wikipedia is content agnostic or agnostic to content
-As with any other social network use/participation is more important than content
-Content is irrelevant

To the Research Article issue
-The "evidence" section of "the monkey trial" held in arbitration "the kangaroo court" contains tens of thousands of words of gibberish
-GizzyCatBella is personally the dumbest "and is desperate to hold on" so my guess is that "they" will be the primary scapegoat
-Volunteer Marek is much smarter than Gizzy and is even more desperate so secondary scapegoat it is
-Piotrus can demonstrate he has been damaged (victimized) by the Wikimedia Foundation so he is golden
-For Wikipedia (WMF), Damage has been avoided simply by biding time and circling the wagons long enough for the press to move onto more ripe click-bait.

Icewhiz, Piotrus, and all the other stupid "pen names"
-It's all a totally insane shit show of a toxic social network in action, operating under the rationalization that they are building a meaningful work product - nobody cares everyone has been duped.
-It is not credible because it is incredible

Lots of AI FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) - Wikipedia's evil replacement will suck in other ways.
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."