Research Article: Wikipedia’s Intentional Distortion of the History of the Holocaust

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Re: Research Article: Wikipedia’s Intentional Distortion of the History of the Holocaust

Post by wexter » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:12 pm

"They refuse to stop editing Wikipedia, is evidence that they're completely" invested in the topic in question.
GizzyCatBella quickly deleted this statement from talk;
Please consider abstaining from a wide variety of topics

Without alleging any wrongdoing on your part;

If you care about perception (how you are perceived), or the platform, please consider abstaining from editing a wide variety of topics especially those which have generated outside perceptions of wrongdoing. Let the arbitration committee do its work while maintaining the moral high ground by recusing yourself from topics of sensitivity.
--You would think that recusing oneself from editing during an enforcement action (ANI or arbitration) would be a matter of stated policy and process.
--The Wikipedia culture is so toxic folks just cannot back down from a fight, backing down is an admission of guilt

--The issue at stake is "conflict of interest" not "diffs" (he said she said), the arbitration committee refused to acknowledge conflict of interest in the form of narrative framing..they are missing the keystone-point of the problem at hand

So here is a constructive open letter.. to our readers, the Arbitration Committee, and the press

Dear Members of the Arbitration Committee of Wikipedia,

I am writing to urge you to consider implementing a policy requiring editors involved in pending Arbitration proceedings or controversies to recuse themselves. As you are well aware, the arbitration committee is responsible for resolving disputes between editors, as well as enforcing Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. In order to ensure a fair and impartial process, it is crucial to address potential conflicts of interest or bias among editors involved in disputes.

Firstly, conflicts of interest can arise when an editor has a personal stake in the outcome of a dispute. For instance, an editor who works for a company may have a bias towards their employer's interests in editing an article about that company. This can lead to edits that are not neutral or unbiased, and can undermine the credibility of the information presented on Wikipedia.

Secondly, editors who are involved in disputes may have pre-existing biases or animosity towards one of the parties involved. This could be based on personal relationships, political or ideological views, or other factors. As a result, their editing may be biased towards one side of the dispute, rather than being based on impartial analysis of the facts.

Lastly, even if an editor is not actually biased or conflicted, their involvement in a dispute may create an appearance of impropriety. This can damage Wikipedia's credibility and reputation as a reliable source of information. Recusal can help to avoid this perception.

In light of these concerns, I believe that it is important for the arbitration committee to require editors involved in controversies to recuse themselves. Doing so can help to ensure that disputes are resolved fairly and impartially, while also maintaining Wikipedia's reputation as a reliable source of information. I urge you to consider this policy as part of your ongoing efforts to enforce Wikipedia's policies and guidelines.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Research Article: Wikipedia’s Intentional Distortion of the History of the Holocaust

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:43 pm

wexter wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:12 pm
GizzyCatBella quickly deleted this statement from talk
Which means some admin or other insider is supporting her little war. And they're telling her what to do, this being typical.
In light of these concerns, I believe that it is important for the arbitration committee to require editors involved in controversies to recuse themselves. Doing so can help to ensure that disputes are resolved fairly and impartially, while also maintaining Wikipedia's reputation as a reliable source of information. I urge you to consider this policy as part of your ongoing efforts to enforce Wikipedia's policies and guidelines.
Will never happen. Abusing the system is built-in and EXPECTED. Especially when an arbitration is underway.
The product and notion by itself is fine, but what went wrong? Philosophy/mentality of founder or the preeminent faction by happenstance? Tragedy of the commons?
All the above. And principally because Jimmy Wales is a lying, manipulative little slime. Who promoted other slimes to adminship early on--then forced Larry Sanger out so no one could challenge his usually-stupid decisions.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:53 pm

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:48 am
WP:CANCER is now like a chicken coming home to roost as rumored layoffs occured:
https://twitter.com/michaelgraaf/status ... 5184494592
And I quote:
The Wikimedia Foundation is currently going through layoffs, reducing headcount by about 5%. I am disappointed that no public announcement has been made, rather people are finding out through rumor and backchannels.
Those bastards are STILL rolling in dough, and can well afford to keep that 5% of the staff around. But knowing what I do about the WMF, this does not surprise me. My suspicion is that the top brass is quietly purging people who don't agree with their incompetent management decisions.

It would be nice to see them fire James Forrester, but he's so deeply embedded, the whole ship would have to sink with him aboard.

And doing it via "rumor and backchannels" is classic Jimbo dirty trickery. LIe, cheat, and steal some more.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:56 pm

Jennsaurus had came back on months long hiatus and she privately told me that there's far more within Boing's skeleton closet than expected.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:51 pm

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:56 pm
Jennsaurus had came back on months long hiatus and she privately told me that there's far more within Boing's skeleton closet than expected.
However that, roadblocks encountered as if the full contents of the skeleton closet gets exposed, Wikipedia will sue them to clutch the pearls as much as they could. The only hopes are if more hard evidences are found to back up the veracity of the story, or Anonymous convince the hoi polloi that Wikipedia is not a sanctum as much as they want everyone to believe it to be.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:26 am

"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:02 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:26 am
Someone appears to be creating attack accounts against Icewhiz
The distortionists will scream 'joe job!" but there's equally decent chance that it's done by one of those themselves seeing that some form of sanctions (i.e. interaction or topic bans) are inevitable and just to spite Icewhiz as final hurrah.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:24 am

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:02 am
Bbb23sucks wrote:
The distortionists will scream 'joe job!" but there's equally decent chance that it's done by one of those themselves seeing that some form of sanctions (i.e. interaction or topic bans) are inevitable and just to spite Icewhiz as final hurrah.
There were at least ten (likely dozens) of other attack accounts.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:10 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:24 am
Ognistysztorm wrote:
Bbb23sucks wrote:
There were at least ten (likely dozens) of other attack accounts.
Suggestion: Let Wikipedia trip up this time. Start by privately forward the attack accounts to Mr. Barbour as part of the book wiki database, which would one day be delivered to the journalist who will pull a John Carreyou against Wikipedia. Napoleon's strategem was to let enemies made as many mistakes as they want.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:51 pm

Ognistysztorm wrote:
The same people rule out that the alleged Icewhiz socks were someone else and that even if they weren't it doesn't matter.
Volunteer Marek wrote: Was that Icewhiz or some other random psycho? Does it matter? Icewhiz was the one who posted all that info about my kids. Even if it wasn’t him personally, he made it possible and this was exactly his intent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... ode=source