UmaxVision

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

UmaxVision

Post by Ognistysztorm » Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:29 pm

A new alternative appears on July 2022: UmaxVision

https://umaxvision.com/faq.html

What is UmaxVision?
The UmaxVision is an online encyclopaedia for everyone and is like a "Wikipedia 2.0". In this encyclopaedia you will find articles on almost all topics you are interested in and have to deal with in everyday life.

Why did we create UmaxVision?
To make the information free for everyone!

When is UmaxVision's birthday?
On 01.07.2022

Who is behind UmaxVision?
The UmaxVision Team

Can I believe in the information that is on UmaxVision?
Yes, but not 100%. But 99% are true.

Why Wikipedia 2.0?
In this encyclopaedia you will find articles on over thousands of topics that interest you. FOR FREE!!

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: UmaxVision

Post by Bbb23sucks » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:27 pm

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:29 pm
A new alternative appears on July 2022: UmaxVision

https://umaxvision.com/faq.html

What is UmaxVision?
The UmaxVision is an online encyclopaedia for everyone and is like a "Wikipedia 2.0". In this encyclopaedia you will find articles on almost all topics you are interested in and have to deal with in everyday life.

Why did we create UmaxVision?

On 01.07.2022

The UmaxVision Team

Can I believe in the information that is on UmaxVision?
Yes, but not 100%. But 99% are true.

Why Wikipedia 2.0?
In this encyclopaedia you will find articles on over thousands of topics that interest you. FOR FREE!!
Who writes the content?

Interestingly, the website is less bloated than Wikipedia:
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:01 am

Might I ask what THIS is in the corner? Looks sketchy to me.

After clicking the menu, I got redirected here: https://paderrer.com/l?v=RCigXxOe
0EF89C4F-FB0A-4415-AED4-F43173258FF1.jpeg
BREASTS
0EF89C4F-FB0A-4415-AED4-F43173258FF1.jpeg (232.42 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
Also, I would REALLY like to know WHO IS ACTUALLY BEHIND IT! Their whole website is thoroughly coated in corporate/start-up nothing-speak.

Edit: Look likes they are running a podcast now :shrug:

Edit 2:

Their "FAQ" is riddled with typos. ChatGPT could probably write this better.
(It's a private project, not a company.) The UmaxVision is an online private encyclopedia for everyone. In this encyclopedia [missing comma] you will find articles on almost all topics you are interested in and have to deal with in everyday life.
(typos in bold)

Weird phrasing. It's like it was written by a ChatGPT knock-off.
On 01.07.2022
Who writes dates like this?
The UmaxVision Team
Thanks for the very insightful answer. /s
No, Wikipedia is 100 times better than us, our articles are just easy to read and understand, but wikipedia has professional articles and professional editors, wikipedia is like a big brother we respect.
So it's not an alternative? I guess it's just Wikipedia, but worse. Such weird phrasing.
Where did we get our design inspiration?
From DuckDuckGo. (We love your design and your services!)
Looks nothing like DuckDuckGo.
Is UmaxVision safe?
Yes, UmaxVision is a very safe platform.
What even is this question?
Is UmaxVision legit?
Yes, UmaxVision is legal.
Why wouldn't be?
Is UmaxVision good?
Yes, UmaxVision is a good source of information, and it provides free and accessible content to everyone. The platform is regularly maintained and updated, which indicates a dedication to keeping the information reliable and up-to-date. However, as with any online resource, it is always important to exercise critical thinking and evaluate sources before relying on the information provided.
This answer sounds like they asked ChatGPT to write about them in third person.
Why UmaxVision?
UmaxVision was founded with the goal of making information accessible and free for everyone. The team behind UmaxVision believes that knowledge should not be restricted by financial barriers and that everyone should have access to reliable and accurate information. The platform is designed to be user-friendly and provides information on various topics, making it a valuable resource for anyone seeking information. Additionally, UmaxVision is regularly updated with new content and features, demonstrating the team's commitment to maintaining the platform's quality and usability.
There is no way a human wrote this.
Does UmaxVision track its users?
No, UmaxVision does not track its users. The platform is committed to protecting user privacy and does not collect or share user data with third parties.

Does UmaxVision track its users?
No, UmaxVision does not track its users. The platform is committed to protecting user privacy and does not collect or share user data with third parties.
Duplicate questions.
What should I do if I hate UmaxVision?
If you don't like UmaxVision, you can simply stop using the platform and look for alternative sources of information that better suit your preferences.
I am thoroughly convinced that this whole website was generated by an AI.
Is UmaxVision a fascist platform?
No, UmaxVision is not a fascist platform. It is a private online platform that aims to make information accessible and free for everyone, regardless of their political views.
Who would ask this??
Is the UmaxVision team from the 2000 generation?
Information on the year of birth or generation of UmaxVision team members is not provided on the platform. However, the UmaxVision team is made up of young people who like memes and providing easy-to-understand information on the platform.
what

----

The rest of the questions are either duplicates, bizarre questions nobody would realistically ask, or AI-generated filler material.

Edit 3: After leaving their site open for several minutes, it redirected to this video:

Edit 4: 128GB SD card for 5 dollars! totally legit.

Edit 5: All the images on their patreon are AI-generated.
Rewards
- Get access to the entire library of exclusive UmaxVision soundtracks composed by Hans Zimmer - available for download in MP3 format. We'll update the catalogue frequently to include music from our latest article releases
What soundtrack?

Edit 6: They have a declined draft on enwiki. Interestingly, this user was blocked as socking on dewiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:UmaxVision

Edit 7: Concerningly, the images used in their articles appear to be pulled from random websites - regardless of copyright.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:27 am

This is probably a spam/phishing operation or some other kind of scam. Linking to a Thai gambling app video is not unusual for spammers.

AVOID.

Even tried to start a subreddit--which failed.