Launch of Justapedia

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
bwills
Sucks Noob

Re: Launch of Justapedia

Post by bwills » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:21 pm

Actually, I thought this site withered away, but here you are - congrats on the comeback! As you probably know, it doesn't matter what we do on Justapedia because any material that opposes or neutralizes a WP article will be considered "right-wing" or "far right" by progressives and the left in general - human nature. Justapedia has a variety of editors, including admins from WP, and that's a good thing. Our mission is to provide factual information, diverse points of view, steer clear of the pitfalls that come with breaking news & recentism, and be careful of how much journalistic opinion we include from the mainstream echo chamber. That is one of many ways we will differentiate from Wikipedia.

Unlike the WMF, our mission is neither a "movement" nor is it about "social justice". Our focus is on building a factual encyclopedia to preserve true history. We have plans for our community of editors, something more along the line of fun things in the future, and hopefully some financial perks for the deserving...just need more donors. We will just have to see what develops.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:18 pm

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:43 pm

I guess Justapedia is a fun place to waste time for now.

It's potentially fun because it's not crowded.

I assume if it ever became popular (to edit) it would become not fun, perhaps even worse than Wikipedia.

Really, the main issue is SEO. All of this copied material is gonna bury all the articles, as mentioned earlier.

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:49 pm

That was not fun very fast. It needs more active admins, no automatic draftspace for new articles (its new just let new articles through), less articles, less race obsession, more transparency about leadership (real, full names), and a license that bars English Wikipedia from copying it. Additionally, its slow and the CSS gets messed up often. They did a good job importing all the code/template mess though. I assume that was a nightmare. Also, what does "just" in "justapedia" stand for? Justice? Just?

Paul Bedson
Sucks

Post by Paul Bedson » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:35 pm

I like to think it stands for the Justice that all wounded Wikipedia and Everipedia editors have been seeking.

I am resurrected on there and hope to resurrect many more. https://justapedia.org/wiki/User:Paul_Bedson
Wikipedia Sucks! Justipedia doesn't and it's nice, comfortable and friendly there! https://justapedia.org/wiki/User:Paul_Bedson

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:42 pm

Paul Bedson wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:35 pm
I like to think it stands for the Justice that all wounded Wikipedia and Everipedia editors have been seeking.

I am resurrected on there and hope to resurrect many more. https://justapedia.org/wiki/User:Paul_Bedson
Woah. Welcome back after five years! Please stay.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Paul Bedson
Sucks

Post by Paul Bedson » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:56 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome back.

I loved this board, it's right on point. I shoulda contributed more.

Kumioko has been keeping up appearances in his own corner I see.

I think I have overtaken both him and Martin from the Netherlands with their SanFran Bans, even though I never got that high, I got the Global Lock Championship title and also the Wikipediocracy Ban Championship because they banned me for being a Nazi supporter. :roll: :!: :?:

After dedicating my life to defeating Nazis after all my family died fighting Nazis in the Battle of Paris...

The irony....the projection...of the Wiki-Nazis....Image
Wikipedia Sucks! Justipedia doesn't and it's nice, comfortable and friendly there! https://justapedia.org/wiki/User:Paul_Bedson