Wikifunctions

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Wikifunctions

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:54 am

It seems like the WMF is working on creating their own alternative to copy and pasting code from StackOverFlow:

https://www.wikifunctions.org/wiki/Wiki ... :Main_Page

I personally wouldn't take programming advice from people who can't even write working code themselves.

Jimbo is going to REVOLUTIONIZE programming!
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: Wikifunctions

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:38 am

Still not even launched and it's already being vandalized: https://www.wikifunctions.org/wiki/Spec ... s/Yusaya4A. Lol.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:04 pm

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:38 am
Still not even launched and it's already being vandalized:
Inevitable. Plus the Usual Assholes are already in there doing no useful work:
m Wikifunctions:Project chat‎ 13:08 +3‎ ‎Jdforrester (WMF) talk contribs‎ (→‎Can categories be added to main namespace pages?: Fix my formatting.) Tag: 2017
N User talk:Jdforrester (WMF)‎ 12:44 +290‎ ‎Koavf talk contribs‎ (Created page with "{{subst:welcome}} ~~~~")
Wikifunctions:Project chat‎ 12:43 +315‎ ‎Koavf talk contribs‎ (→‎Can categories be added to main namespace pages?: Reply) Tag: Reply
Wikifunctions:Project chat‎ 11:26 +1,267‎ ‎Jdforrester (WMF) talk contribs‎ (→‎Can categories be added to main namespace pages?: Reply) Tag: Reply
Last edited by ericbarbour on Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:40 am

Aaaaaanddddd, it's already dead: https://www.wikifunctions.org/wiki/Spec ... lversion=2

Or more accurately, was never alive in the first place.

Seriously, what were they thinking? Did Jimbo really think that he was going to rival StackOverFlow? The interface and syntax are very confusing and bloated too. Even if there was useful content (which there isn't), I couldn't see anyone actually using this.

The WMF already has plenty of sites that nobody uses and most of those are still more usable than this. Mark my words, this will go absolutely nowhere and will be shutdown within three years. It probably cost them $200 million+ to develop too.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:16 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:40 am
Did Jimbo really think that he was going to rival StackOverFlow?
I seriously doubt Jimboo even knew this thing existed. Knowing what I know about the internal politics, they tried to create a Stack Overflow imitation THEY could control, because SO is notorious for not kowtowing to outside political or business forces. SO is as good as the thousands of working coders that support it, some of them world-class, and they are a massive resource the WMF could never match. But since this has the marks of being another one of Forrester's stupid little pet projects, he has the internal political power to make the WMF throw money at it.

They really should fire that fat little boy. He is even more toxic than Wales or the OG "there is no cabal" admins. He's probably ruining the entire organization, just by being deeply embedded. And as usual, everything is beyond top secret and burn-before-reading, and the truth will never be revealed.