Subreddits for WP criticism

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: Subreddits for WP criticism

Post by Bbb23sucks » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:03 pm

GenderDesk just posted an article about this: https://genderdesk.wordpress.com/2023/0 ... in-reddit/
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:18 pm

I created a multireddit

https://old.reddit.com/user/abdlomax/m/wikipedia/

It is easily incomplete.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:34 pm

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:03 pm
GenderDesk just posted an article about this: https://genderdesk.wordpress.com/2023/0 ... in-reddit/
They have explicitly invited Wikipediocracy and Sucks members to participate, but sadly, not Genderdesk. However, once I pointed this out in a comment over there, within a few hours I had a notification saying I had been accepted as a member, so I guess everything is back to normal.
It doesn't mean you don't suck, Ms. Genderwhatever. It's just that no one much cares about your "opinions", or about anything that happens on Reddit. See r/redditcritiques for more about the latter. And have a nice day.

(She usually hangs about on https://www.reddit.com/r/wikipedians/. It's full of nerds and teenagers asking for help with WP editing (and often not receiving any) and cult members bleating about the "magic". Insipid.)
Last edited by ericbarbour on Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:58 pm

Bbb23sucks wrote:
I see that Genderdesk is still lying about r/WikiInAction. She was, with cooperation from Smith Brothers socks (hundreds of them) and Vigilant from WPO, largely responsible for its shutdown by Radmin and its being left without moderation. I could find the history if anyone is interested. Dysklyver and I tried to volunteer for mod (and I supported Dysk) volunteered for mod, torpedoed by the trolls, then Dysk started r/RealWikiInAction and made Genderdesk co-mod. Then he decided to vanish, but removed her and left me as mod. She lies about many aspects of the history. And I’m going to take a look at r/GenderDesk. She mostly wrote, when I was following her, about Wikipedia. Should I cover that sub in the multireddit?

Her comments on her blog are utterly outrageous gossip. I’m supposedly cozy with and have as “houseguests” people I never heard of. She is crazy and a troll. She used a sock to begin Reddit activity and lied about it. I don’t sock there (though it is not against policy) and I am not anonymous. She brings up the old incident where as mod on Sucks, I thought doxxing was against the rules. That had nothing to do with the target being allegedly a pedophile. (My position is that suspected risk to children should be reported the a mandated reporter, not doxxed in a public site. The WMF eventually came to that position, which actually will protect children. GenderDesk and Vigilant don’t care about children at all. I do, I have seven children, seven grandchildren, and one great-grandchild.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:04 am

Abd wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:58 pm
Bbb23sucks wrote:
I see that Genderdesk is still lying about r/WikiInAction. She was, with cooperation from Smith Brothers socks (hundreds of them) and Vigilant from WPO, largely responsible for its shutdown by Radmin and its being left without moderation. I could find the history if anyone is interested. Dysklyver and I tried to volunteer for mod (and I supported Dysk) volunteered for mod, torpedoed by the trolls, then Dysk started r/RealWikiInAction and made Genderdesk co-mod. Then he decided to vanish, but removed her and left me as mod. She lies about many aspects of the history. And I’m going to take a look at r/GenderDesk. She mostly wrote, when I was following her, about Wikipedia. Should I cover that sub in the multireddit?

Her comments on her blog are utterly outrageous gossip. I’m supposedly cozy with and have as “houseguests” people I never heard of. She is crazy and a troll. She used a sock to begin Reddit activity and lied about it. I don’t sock there (though it is not against policy) and I am not anonymous. She brings up the old incident where as mod on Sucks, I thought doxxing was against the rules. That had nothing to do with the target being allegedly a pedophile. (My position is that suspected risk to children should be reported the a mandated reporter, not doxxed in a public site. The WMF eventually came to that position, which actually will protect children. GenderDesk and Vigilant don’t care about children at all. I do, I have seven children, seven grandchildren, and one great-grandchild.
I can tell. I've been reading old posts on those subreddits and there are so many SPAs and socks, it's insane. I don't even know where to begin.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know where I could contact Dysk?

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:18 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:04 am
On an unrelated note, does anyone know where I could contact Dysk?
It was his desire to vanish completely. I think he saw the drama as unhealthy, and for being honest, he was attacked by the trolls. His real name was known.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:23 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Genderdesk wrote:what are the advantages to posting on Sucks Reddit instead of Sucks?

First, your IP remains private. No one knows who might have access to your IP over on Sucks or Wikipediocracy
everyone here and at wpo who has access to ip's is identifiable by name. otoh on reddit "no one knows who might have access to your ip"

(edited)
Last edited by badmachine on Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:45 am

Abd wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:18 pm
I created a multireddit

https://old.reddit.com/user/abdlomax/m/wikipedia/

It is easily incomplete.
/r/WPCritiques is not for Wikipedia. "WP" is for "writing prompts".
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:02 am

Abd wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:58 pm
I see that Genderdesk is still lying about r/WikiInAction. She was, with cooperation from Smith Brothers socks (hundreds of them) and Vigilant from WPO, largely responsible for its shutdown by Radmin and its being left without moderation. I could find the history if anyone is interested.
Anything you have, please, either pass it to me or post it on r/redditcritiques.
Her comments on her blog are utterly outrageous gossip. I’m supposedly cozy with and have as “houseguests” people I never heard of. She is crazy and a troll. She used a sock to begin Reddit activity and lied about it.
I suspect most WP watchers and critics have realized this by now. She is just as bonkers as they come. A few years ago her blog posts gathered quite a few comments/arguments from WP insiders; not anymore.
Last edited by ericbarbour on Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.