How propaganda works vs. how Wikilawyers think propaganda works

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: How propaganda works vs. how Wikilawyers think propaganda works

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:39 am

Philomath wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:21 am
Agreed. I'm having a hard time remembering who is who across different websites: are you active on Justapedia?
No. I created an account though. Maybe I'll edit some time. I have an idea on what I want to write about.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: How propaganda works vs. how Wikilawyers think propaganda works

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:46 am

Philomath wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:11 am
Wow, I did not know most of that. I didn't know his older username, and I didn't know his identity. This is good information, thank you.
You're welcome. Bear in mind that hundreds of these "anonymous" WP "insiders" have been unmasked since Brandt put up his first Wikipedia Watch website in 2005-06. And virtually all of them proved to be like Lee: complete nobodies, terminally online, and having personal axes for grindery. The anti-quack and Guerrilla Skeptics are among the worst power-abusing types. Doxxing them is usually possible because their smear their petty little egos on other websites. Many showed up on WP early on and were told "you can be totally anonymous here, do what you like" and many of them went berserk. They proved to be less than anonymous.

Please bear in mind: Lee did a lot of rotten things but Guy Chapman still makes him look like a piker.
As was self-evident from his political essays on Wikipedia, I can see that he has no relevant expertise that would allow him to speak with authority about politics, which he does regularly. He even wrote me an essay on my talk page once, to "explain" the left/right dichotomy to me.
As usual. These "great Wikipedians" always turn out to be little things with tiny willies. Falsity in advertising.