Rejecting CW Unblock Request for his username

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Rejecting CW Unblock Request for his username

Post by Ognistysztorm » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:49 am

Have you guys seen this appealing request of CommanderWaterford!? This guy was banned (for good reasons) almost 3 years ago at a time when he had almost 1500 Edits per Day, one of the most active Editors at Wikipedia.

Edited since then apparently years in other Wiki projects without any issues, and now he appeals his block.
They are rejecting it for reasons which could not be more ridiculous, for example for what his username he chose. Funny enough, the only ones participating in the appeal discussion seem to be the ones who were blocking him, the same old circle of Wiki Admins like always.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... an_request
Original thread.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Re: Rejecting CW Unblock Request for his username

Post by ChaosMeRee » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:02 pm

Boing! wrote:Considering there's a clear consensus emerging that the username is a bad choice, why not just say "OK, I'll change it"?
Because nobody seriously believes Wikipedia has changed since this ruling...
The result was: no action taken. The name in and of itself is not problematic. The name purely in the context of a specific work of fiction is problematic, but outside that realm we must assume that until the user starts acting, behaving, or otherwise editing as that character, there is only the name similarity to contend with (and on a completely personal note, I have never read the book so I would have never made that connection anyway). Primefac (talk) 10:31, 15 May 2021 (UTC)
... and so this appears to be nothing but Wikipedia's theater of cruelty doing its thing.

Wikipedians would fit right into the fictional universe of the Handmaid's Tale, and definitely not on the good side.

And they fucking know it.

I mean for fuck's sake, Back Kite was renowned for protecting Eric Corbett by cutting the legs of AE Admins, and he literally just helped Nableezy out of a jam in the exact same way, a man who then admitted on Wikipediocracy "I have been an asshole".

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 31#p340891

So no, we can't accept you genuinely give a shit about what makes Wikipedia look like a bunch of rapists, fictional or otherwise.

Stay safe in your Wikipediocracy panic room Black Kite, Boing! and all the other white male assshole protecting Wikipedia Administrators who seem to find that particular environment welcoming.

The real world is full of terrors.

Inconvenient truths and long memories.

HTD.