Hello, one and all

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
CityCar
Sucks Noob

Hello, one and all

Post by CityCar » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 pm

Hi, I am unsure where to do this, but I thought I'd give you my personal experience.

Jeez, it's hard to believe that Wikipedians (quite a few of them) can be power-tripping and vindictive. I got banned because I did something, well, a slight indiscretion (won't go any further than that) and I got locked. It's a really long story.

There are a few people I'd like to call out for their vindictiveness, but I won't do it. Hello to you all again.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: Hello, one and all

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:18 am

Welcome!
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:25 am

Yes, welcome to everyone's HELL. You would not believe how many people have received identical (or worse) treatment from WP administrators. Some nerds grow up to become bullies.....

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:25 am

CityCar wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 pm
Hi, I am unsure where to do this, but I thought I'd give you my personal experience.

Jeez, it's hard to believe that Wikipedians (quite a few of them) can be power-tripping and vindictive. I got banned because I did something, well, a slight indiscretion (won't go any further than that) and I got locked. It's a really long story.

There are a few people I'd like to call out for their vindictiveness, but I won't do it. Hello to you all again.
If you want to try out a better encyclopedia with little to none of those toxic nonsense, Justapedia is the site to go. Wikipedia's problems are systemic and far from isolated instances at all.

Reddit is sadly not a prime site if you want to let the wider audience to know about Wikipedia's problems becauses many entrenched mods and users there are fervishly pro-Wikipedia and bans criticism of Wikipedia by spurious reasons. Instead Twitter/X is a very good place to criticize Wikipedia and reach out to other like-minded people ever since Elon Musk bought it.

CityCar
Sucks Noob

Post by CityCar » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:42 pm

Thanks for having me. Another site I've also been locked from Logopedia - the admins there are just as bad as Wikipedia.

gnngl
Sucks

Post by gnngl » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:55 am

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:25 am
If you want to try out a better encyclopedia with little to none of those toxic nonsense, Justapedia is the site to go.
lolololololol