The List GROWS....

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

The List GROWS....

Post by Strelnikov » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Checked the banned list and somebody new is on it:

Messina since 29 August 2017

Krisdegioia, since 11 September 2017

守望者爱孟 since 1 December 2017

Aydinsalis, since 13 December 2017

Classiccardinal, since 9 January 2018

So who is Classiccardinal?

Username: Classiccardinal
Total edit count: 28,847
Number of attached accounts: 133
Locked: yes

Previous global account changes

09:48, 9 January 2018 WMFOffice (talk | contribs) changed status for global account "User:Classiccardinal@global": set locked; unset (none) (Globally banned user: Foundation Global Ban- do not reinstate. Questions can be directed to ca@wikimedia.org.)

commons.wikimedia.org 22:38, 2 November 2011

created on login(?)

Blocked indefinitely. (account creation disabled, email disabled, cannot edit own talk page)

Reason: Vandalism: insults on talk page

6,206 autopatrolled
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: The List GROWS....

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Looks to me someone out of of the inner circle. Wikimania 2014,2016, 2017, he won some price for a quality picture on Commons. I think the intern WMF war has entered the inner circles of the snake pit ......

Hope he find his way to the critical fora, just like I did. Could be interesting, inside story's.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:49 am

Strelnikov wrote:Checked the banned list and somebody new is on it:
Messina since 29 August 2017
Krisdegioia, since 11 September 2017
守望者爱孟 since 1 December 2017
Aydinsalis, since 13 December 2017
Classiccardinal, since 9 January 2018

Some of them were tossed for no obvious reason. Some for questionable reasons:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... risdegioia

Messina was a pro_Israel abuser and also had no regard for copyrights.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Request ... or_Messina

"守望者爱孟" looks like a self-promoting type. "Aydinsalis" was editwarring over Azeri subjects (I think). No idea about the others.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Now that James Alexander has been given authority to ban people I would expect this list to continue to grow.

I do think it's pretty funny that they WMF ban some accounts no one has ever heard of but there are plenty of others like Willie on Wheels, Grawp and a long slew of others, that are very well known problematic editors the WMF still refuses to acknowledge.

If you notice, all of the people the WMF banned were accounts that the community wouldn't push back on. That really shows that these bans were less about doing anything to protect the projects or the communities than about giving the appearance they were doing something. It shows that the WMF are a bunch of cowards who don't know how to manage a community or a website, let along one with it's own cultures and subcultures.
#BbbGate

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Classiccardinal, my translation wrote:Classiccardinal is resigning from fr.wikitionary.org and is going to evaporate. He's going to take on a new pseudo to get the revolution rolling on WP. A good admin is one less admin. LOL. Long live good old anarchy. I'll never let these little shit functionaries, reactionaries and technocrats take control of a project whose origins are hippy, libertarian & anarchist... Pffouit, I've vanished. And Scoopfinder, you little **** tattler... @§#% §%&@#, etc.

source

It sounds like this guy didn't like the scoopfinder tending to the litterbox.

It turns out the Scoopfinder who lobbied for his banning on fr.wiki was in fact an OTRS volunteer socking (as would be noted on their userpage a couple hundred days after scooping the cardinal out of the box).

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:39 pm

Kumioko wrote:Now that James Alexander has been given authority to ban people I would expect this list to continue to grow.

It still, STILL amazes me that no one has gone after Mr. Alexander with a blunt weapon, or at least with their fists. He's like a minor character in an extra-moronic National Lampoon campus comedy or somesuch--the mean little fat kid who likes to wipe his dick on doorknobs and stab people in the back. And ends up being humiliated publicly for his "good works in support of the organization". Gag puke.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:00 pm

Alexander is a big, fat nothing, he is just a Jimmy straw man. He is a overpaid lot of shit who has to take orders from the big boss and his friends.
His safety and trust department is a Jimmy invention, just like arbcom, and is the same rotten.
The first one who say anything wrong about our future hamburger baker James (because that is his job in the future if he is lucky) is out!

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:19 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:His safety and trust department is a Jimmy invention, just like arbcom

That's right. All roads lead back to incredibly stupid things Jimbo did before 2006.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:22 pm

It's the Kim jong-un system, isn't it? A secret trail a la Der Volksgerichtshof .
I am the law, shouted Jimmy in 2006, and so it is.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:13 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:I am the law, shouted Jimmy in 2006, and so it is.

This would be a good place to post the notorious "Fastlizard4 IRC captures" from 2005, but it's too long for the forum software.
Here's one of the most notorious exchanges:
:<qwerty> Excuse me, jwales, how did you come up with the idea of Nupedia?
:<jwales> Well, I was smoking crack with my grandmother, you see, and we wanted to know the chemical formula for dynamite, and...
:<jwales> Then, my grandmother pulled out the PCP, and my grandfather walked in with the shotgun, and we thought...
:@$ Umm, I am at as much of a loss as you are. $@