a muslim, an atheist, fruitarian & futurist walk into a bar

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
WWHP
Sucks

a muslim, an atheist, fruitarian & futurist walk into a bar

Post by WWHP » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi everyone,

To me, there is really not much of a distinction between RationalWiki abuses and Wikipedia abuses, as RW is just an extension of Wikipedia and uses the same software.

I know many here know my history with RW, but recently three more cases facing the identical pattern of harassment have surfaced there.

http://wikipediawehaveaproblem.com/2017 ... nto-a-bar/

Cheers
WWHP

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Re: a muslim, an atheist, fruitarian & futurist walk into a

Post by Strelnikov » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:22 pm

WWHP wrote:Hi everyone,

To me, there is really not much of a distinction between RationalWiki abuses and Wikipedia abuses, as RW is just an extension of Wikipedia and uses the same software.

I know many here know my history with RW, but recently three more cases facing the identical pattern of harassment have surfaced there.

http://wikipediawehaveaproblem.com/2017 ... nto-a-bar/

Cheers
WWHP

And that's why the Strelnikov-Eric Barbour nicknames for David Gerard are "low-rent Nosferatu" and "assisted-living Dracula" as a riff on his late-'90s-early-2000s appearance (thank you Dramatica) and for how he is a leech on the Wiki community; he is there to create "dramah" and then laugh at it. And you are damn right that "Rational"Wiki will be sued for the crap that the Smith Brothers pull, and watch how the lawyers for RationalWiki will either be the same ones who work for the WMF or are advised by the WMF's legal counsel, because Gerard's site is an extension of Jimbo's.

Addendum:

....Most notable in their community survey is the remarkable high number of editors with only high school diplomas. While there is nothing inherently wrong with that, it is somewhat counter-intuitive considering RationalWiki is “debunking” what they consider to be pseudoscientific claims and sophisticated subjects from a position of authority.
- R. Viharo talking about the education of RationalWiki users.

It makes sense if you take into account that a number of those HS diploma holders are probably in the middle of getting an AA/AS or BA/BS; I'm guessing there was no slot in their survey for "High-School graduate attending University." If they aren't, then this is the James Randi Club of Skeptical Snobbery showing up (Randi dropped out of Canadian high school to get into stage magic and mentalism, then later had the gall to claim advisorship over scientists doing psychic research, just because he knew all the cold reading tricks. I doubt the HS diploma-only skeptics have any of that knowledge, which you have to either dig out of various stage magic books or apprentice yourself to one of the older magicians who may have done mentalism in the '40s-'50s when that act was popular.)
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:39 am

Well, Rome I assume you got the book notes I sent?

And tell anyone being pissed on with an RW article; they're in good company. I suspect RW is run by a VERY small cadre of Gerard friends and shrieky "guerilla skeptics". Extremists, unstable people who have sometimes burned ALL their bridges on Wikipedia (Ryulong anyone?) and are willing to serve as pet trolls for Gerard. He openly made Ryulong an admin on RW, knowing damn well that young Mr. Cohen would do nothing but stir up trouble and start arguments. For all we know, the "Smith Brothers" accounts are all socks of Oliver Smith and/or Gerard himself.

Making lawsuit threats is even more pointless on RW than it is on Wikipedia. RW has not been very popular anyway, even in scientific-skeptic circles. Too toxic.

"Rational Wiki" is one of the most irrational websites I've ever seen. All you can do is point and laugh.

ps: You'll know your Wikipedia criticisms are drawing real blood when there's a hostile Wikipedia bio about you. Cough Daniel Brandt cough.

WWHP
Sucks

Post by WWHP » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:58 pm

ericbarbour wrote:Well, Rome I assume you got the book notes I sent?

Yes! I emailed you confirming awhile back. Thank you so much for that treasure trove.

Making lawsuit threats is even more pointless on RW than it is on Wikipedia. RW has not been very popular anyway, even in scientific-skeptic circles. Too toxic.

wondering what you and others thoughts are on this, which i just edited on the article

Does RationalWiki harass and target individuals for fundraising?

I always wondered why in the hell would any smart intelligent person allow this type of harassment to occur on their own platform. Using Occam’s Razor, the simplest explanation may just be money.

RationalWiki just closed a round of fundraising on their site.

Trent Toulouse raises the specter of “lawsuits” filed as a method of raising money for the organization. https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/RationalWiki:Fundraiser

This year, we had a record breaking 33 lawsuit threats, 6 death threats, and 2 cease and desist letters. This is cause for celebration! …These lawsuits are coming from people who do real world harm… Because of YOUR content, YOUR effort and YOUR support we are often the ONLY source of critical information for thousands of people, ideas and products.
Apparently, RationalWiki is the scam and with the individuals in question – the ones doing the actual real-world harm

The sheer amount of clear evidence, denied by RationalWiki only in their echo chamber – makes David Gerard, The RationalWiki Foundation, Trent Toulouse and the Smith Brothers ripe for quite a significant lawsuit, which any of their targets can initiate at any time.

Ensuring that this will eventually happen, David Gerard and Trent Toulouse continue to embolden The Smiths and their team of juvenile high school kids who continue to target and harass with confidence they are supported and protected to do so.

WWHP
Sucks

Post by WWHP » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:32 pm

another follow up post. Now they claim they are getting "paid" by a prominent skeptic

http://wikipediawehaveaproblem.com/2017 ... t-skeptic/

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:49 pm

WWHP wrote:another follow up post. Now they claim they are getting "paid" by a prominent skeptic

That's just the stupid bluffing of people who never left the 6th-grade mentally. Skeptics like to form groups so they can promote said groups in press releases. Paying people under the table makes no sense after Guerilla Skeptics; we know what they are doing and why they are doing it, and "Rational"Wiki is like that. The only person in the skeptics world who did like they claim was James Randi, who sent two young men in to play fake psychics when Randi went after the "Mac Lab" in the early 1980s (they were really spies), the whole Carlos fake psychic thing in Australia, and his use of a radio scanner guy when he exposed Peter Popoff's faith healing. And all of that was in the short term; paying "Rational"Wiki could last years.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:33 pm

WWHP wrote:another follow up post. Now they claim they are getting "paid" by a prominent skeptic

Easy to believe. It should be no wonder RW is a cultish operation. So is Wikipedia, and so is the whole skeptic world.

If you want to talk about Trent Toulouse we will need to get Strelnikov to look into him in depth. His pathetic Wikipedia activity speaks for itself---he could not stop fighting with others over the Conservapedia article.

Yes, he tried to get WP's article on RW deleted. And failed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... tionalWiki

That's American politics in the 21st century. Shriekers on the left and shriekers on the right, shriek shriek and shriek some more.

(I'd still like to know who "FuzzyCatPotato" is. The principal author of the RW article on WP and one of RW's board members. Did anyone find out something about his real identity? This claimed he was 17 years old: http://ddo.wikia.com/wiki/FuzzyCatPotato)

htims
Sucks Noob

Post by htims » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:21 am

Strelnikov wrote:And you are damn right that "Rational"Wiki will be sued for the crap that the Smith Brothers pull, and watch how the lawyers for RationalWiki will either be the same ones who work for the WMF or are advised by the WMF's legal counsel, because Gerard's site is an extension of Jimbo's.

We don't edit RationalWiki. Everything written on WWHP about us is lies.

One minute you're trying to slander me on this website as a "neo-Nazi", next i'm a "skeptic" who edits RationalWiki - a left-wing site that is anti-Nazi... Make up your mind, troll. You're not even consistent with the nonsense you write about me, or now my brother.

My brother's last activity on RW was 6 years ago; and as I already told you, my edits on these wikis (Metapedia, RationalWiki, Conservapedia, Wikipedia etc) were also years back. I haven't edited any of these sites in a long time, nor plan to since I'm busy and have no interest in them. Its only Viharo spreading the misinformation I do.

And I presume the "private message" Viharo presents as "evidence" me or my brother are paid-editors (?) at Wikipedia/RationalWiki is Viharo impersonating us - like he always does. I don't post on Reddit where that message was supposedly sent. And as usual there no evidence for any of Viharo's crazy allegations about us.

I contacted Viharo like 6 months back on Wikipedia Review telling him to cease harassing me or my family. It looks like he hasn't stopped and is still making defamatory articles about us. What a joke he claims to be the "victim".

htims
Sucks Noob

Post by htims » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:55 am

The original article Viharo published said either me or other "skeptics" created 3 fake Facebook profiles. He's now retracted this claim to 1, after two people showed up, including a man named Chris, confirming they are real people and not fake and began to criticize Viharo. :lol: Like I said all his articles are lies.

Mutineer
Sucks Fan

Post by Mutineer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:21 pm

htims wrote:
We don't edit RationalWiki. Everything written on WWHP about us is lies.

One minute you're trying to slander me on this website as a "neo-Nazi", next i'm a "skeptic" who edits RationalWiki - a left-wing site that is anti-Nazi...

Please link me something that supports your statement that "Strelnikov slandered you on this website" as a neo-Nazi. You obviously have some points to make but (this is not a threat) you won't last long on this website making such allegations and calling someone on the management team a troll.
I am "Modsquad" here, and participate, but I don't want you to think we can't have an angry argument.