Wikipedia Art and the Wikimedia trademark

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Wikipedia Art and the Wikimedia trademark

Post by Flip Flopped » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:16 pm

Someone on this forum or the WR ProBoards forum linked to the legal history page of Wikipedia Art (http://wikipediaart.org/legal-history/). That site links to a blog post by the EFF that discusses how the WMF tried to get Wikipedia Art taken down for trademark violation (https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/04/wikipedia-threatens-). I think it's great that the Wikipedia Art people have been able to keep their site up.

Joe Hazelton
Sucks

Re: Wikipedia Art and the Wikimedia trademark

Post by Joe Hazelton » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:17 am

Proof that Wikipedia is Hypocrisy on crack....
Wikipedia - Where Truth goes to die.
Not all thugs are Wikipediots, but all Wikipediots are thugs

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:20 am

Joe Hazelton wrote:Proof that Wikipedia is Hypocrisy on crack....
I love that the EFF shamed Wikipedia for running to EFF for help then turned around and used a bogus legal threat against someone else who got help from the EFF to fend of the WMF.

HRA1924
Sucks

Post by HRA1924 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:
I love that the EFF shamed Wikipedia for running to EFF for help then turned around and used a bogus legal threat against someone else who got help from the EFF to fend of the WMF.

Even if you end up deciding not to "sue Wikipedia Arts in trademark," in the sense of filing an action in court, and instead decide to file a UDRP claim, I have indicated that WE will seek a declaratory judgment of non-infringement because we are not willing to allow this dispute to be resolved by reference to private law instead of the law of the United States that governs both your client and mine.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:14 pm

HRA1924 wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:

Even if you end up deciding not to "sue Wikipedia Arts in trademark," in the sense of filing an action in court, and instead decide to file a UDRP claim, I have indicated that WE will seek a declaratory judgment of non-infringement because we are not willing to allow this dispute to be resolved by reference to private law instead of the law of the United States that governs both your client and mine.
I have no client and nobody else here has a client either. Try to write something that makes sense.

HRA1924
Sucks

Post by HRA1924 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:52 am

Code: Select all

Flip Flopped wrote:I have no client and nobody else here has a client either. Try to write something that makes sense.

It was extract from http://wikipediaart.org/legal/041809-LevyResponse2.html
BB code for "code" not working properly inside multipled quotes

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:26 am

HRA1924 wrote:

Code: Select all

Flip Flopped wrote:I have no client and nobody else here has a client either. Try to write something that makes sense.

It was extract from http://wikipediaart.org/legal/041809-LevyResponse2.html
BB code for "code" not working properly inside multipled quotes
Ah, thanks for the link. :) That's an interesting letter to Godwin when he was counsel for the WMF.

Joe Hazelton
Sucks

Post by Joe Hazelton » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:57 am

It should be noted that these emails and events took place in 2009.. and we are
in 2017. by my count about 8 years... I wonder were all of this
went in the present. Just wondering?
Wikipedia - Where Truth goes to die.
Not all thugs are Wikipediots, but all Wikipediots are thugs