Is this the place to hang or at wikireviw proboard site.

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Joe Hazelton
Sucks

Is this the place to hang or at wikireviw proboard site.

Post by Joe Hazelton » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Is this forum going stale? I think this place is more secure and less liable to be shut down by a capricious service provider like Proboard.

I wish the some of the old stuff from the suck board could have been saved and put here. Any rate... just my thoughts.
Wikipedia - Where Truth goes to die.
Not all thugs are Wikipediots, but all Wikipediots are thugs

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Re: Is this the place to hang or at wikireviw proboard site

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:48 am

Joe Hazelton wrote:Is this forum going stale? I think this place is more secure and less liable to be shut down by a capricious service provider like Proboard.

I wish the some of the old stuff from the suck board could have been saved and put here. Any rate... just my thoughts.
I keep tabs with both places open and post wherever I feel like. I also lament the loss of so much of the old WS content. :cry:

HRA1924
Sucks

Post by HRA1924 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:00 am

Flip Flopped wrote:
Joe Hazelton wrote:Is this forum going stale? I think this place is more secure and less liable to be shut down by a capricious service provider like Proboard.

I keep tabs with both places open and post wherever I feel like. I also lament the loss of so much of the old WS content. :cry:

We were perfectly content to upload the content back to the community under the wikipediasucks "community" brand (we estimate we have 50%+ of WS-1) but unfortunately some people are (a) unwilling to understand the reasons behind our terms and consequently accept the terms on which they were reuploaded (b) unwilling to share their own versions legitimnately. As per us, archive.is (and its variants) is a pirate site which does not respect internet conventions and is now becoming increasingly unavailable.

Joe Hazelton
Sucks

Post by Joe Hazelton » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:23 pm

HRA1924 wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:

We were perfectly content to upload the content back to the community under the wikipediasucks "community" brand (we estimate we have 50%+ of WS-1) but unfortunately some people are (a) unwilling to understand the reasons behind our terms and consequently accept the terms on which they were reuploaded (b) unwilling to share their own versions legitimnately. As per us, archive.is (and its variants) is a pirate site which does not respect internet conventions and is now becoming increasingly unavailable.

Well, that's complicated. I would think it would be simple... Not 100% but enough to make it worth the trouble. As far as proboard are concern, they will, in due time, wikireview will be taken off the air. That place, with due respect to aggie, is not a stable place to have meaningful discourse.
Wikipedia - Where Truth goes to die.
Not all thugs are Wikipediots, but all Wikipediots are thugs

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:32 am

Joe Hazelton wrote:
HRA1924 wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:I keep tabs with both places open and post wherever I feel like. I also lament the loss of so much of the old WS content. :cry:

Auggie created an alternative forum called Wiki Review and anyone who wants to is welcome to post there. I can get you the link or you can find it on the ProBoards Wikipedia Review board. :)

Well, that's complicated. I would think it would be simple... Not 100% but enough to make it worth the trouble. As far as proboard are concern, they will, in due time, wikireview will be taken off the air. That place, with due respect to aggie, is not a stable place to have meaningful discourse.
Auggie created an alternative forum called Wiki Review that isn't on ProBoards, and anyone is welcome to post there. I can get you a link to it or you can find the link on the ProBoards Wikipedia Review site. :) Last I looked that forum didn't have as much traffic as the one on ProBoards. This place is great, too.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:30 am

You can post it here if you like: http://wikirev.org/forum/