Again GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation in the EU

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Again GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation in the EU

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:42 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:"But I have little sympathy with the assertion that people who are autistic are for that reason alone unfit to be leaders."

Be so kind to give me the evidence autistic people are able to be a leader in a complex internet surrounding like wikipedia, Because they are not. It confuses them totally. Autism is the main problem of Wikipedia-NL, and it is very wrong to ignore that. Autism is a handicap, just like colour-blindness for a painter. But tell me, is autism a taboo in America?

It's "politically incorrect" to use the term "autism" in all kinds of milieu in the US. Doesn't help that pissed-off internet nerds have used "autist" as a putdown of people who obsess over things online--which would cover a disturbing lot of what happens on Wikipedia. It's kind of sad that a "serious medical condition" has been twisted into an attack word. Personally I have nothing against actual autistic people, most of them are perfectly good and ordinary folks. Internet culture can twist even honest discussions into knots.

(We could also go on and on about how "autism" wasn't considered a mental condition until the 1960s--before that people were either "retarded" or not. This is part of why some people, like Scientologists and certain political extremists, regard psychiatry as a "phony science". Have to admit, it does have some problems!)

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:31 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Graaf Statler wrote:"But I have little sympathy with the assertion that people who are autistic are for that reason alone unfit to be leaders."

Be so kind to give me the evidence autistic people are able to be a leader in a complex internet surrounding like wikipedia, Because they are not. It confuses them totally. Autism is the main problem of Wikipedia-NL, and it is very wrong to ignore that. Autism is a handicap, just like colour-blindness for a painter. But tell me, is autism a taboo in America?

It's "politically incorrect" to use the term "autism" in all kinds of milieu in the US. Doesn't help that pissed-off internet nerds have used "autist" as a putdown of people who obsess over things online--which would cover a disturbing lot of what happens on Wikipedia. It's kind of sad that a "serious medical condition" has been twisted into an attack word. Personally I have nothing against actual autistic people, most of them are perfectly good and ordinary folks. Internet culture can twist even honest discussions into knots.

(We could also go on and on about how "autism" wasn't considered a mental condition until the 1960s--before that people were either "retarded" or not. This is part of why some people, like Scientologists and certain political extremists, regard psychiatry as a "phony science". Have to admit, it does have some problems!)

This "politically incorrect" attitude is really pity, and I don't mean it to pull people down, but to describe a probelm what I have noticed. And I complete agree what you write about them. But that taboo makes it so extreem difficult to talk about there limitations. Because they have limitations, it's a handicap, what has nothing to do with there character and intelligence. And it's fact they are attracted to the wikipedia structure, so there are many autistic users,

I have for instance noticed it's almost impossible for them to see the difference between a unlogical Wikipedia rule and official regulation, for them it's the same. That is the reason they don't care about copyvio.
If there is a complex fight, they don't see who the perpetrator or who the victim is. Because of the good faith rule they often, almost always believe the perpetrator. Because, a wiki-fight is often so complex they are not able to find out who started the fight and who is the agressor. They mix them up. They don't recognise trolls, sock puppets and believe them. They elect trolls as there sysops, Arbs, CU's.

Many times it seems to me a group blind people on a station. Someone is stealing there wallet, I see who it did, and they start to blaming the wrong one and make the thief to the one who has to invest the robbery. Who of course is saying I did it, because I was the one who understood who has stolen that wallet.
And all the group start to shout I am the thief. Because that was what happend on WPNL. I understood who was spoiling everything there. The Wikimedia members, the elite of Wikipedia, who were after the free lunches out of SanFan. And the autistic users did see that for years.

I was the small boy who was shouting the empire is naked, and the autistic users were very easy to convince I was the one who screwed everything up. And kicked me with brute force out with a SanFanBan at the end. But because I kept on screaming and bitting, now they understand I was right. But there is no easy way back, and I don't give up. And that is the pad setting at the moment. They are trapped in Hotel California, and I keep on beating on the door.

And the trolls now had started to troll on Wikisage to make it looks I was a poor writer, and there hero Ymnes a top writer because they needed the person for there Caribbean project, and that is going on! And because of that was that rediciles fight about that list of articles I had written a few day's ago on Wikisage.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:18 pm

I had to personally spend a full day working to make WikiTribune compliant and like most people doing this without an army of lawyers, I just hope that I got it mostly right

...--Jimbo Wales (talk) 12:42, 12 June 2018 (UTC)
Look at this fucker. Based on my own pretty extensive experience of how much time and money it usually takes to ensure compliance with EU law, he has definitely got it wrong somehow, probably in a massive way. A day, FFS.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:04 am

Nobody is talking about a army of lawyer. Spent a six till ten thousand euro, and your have a professional advice. And it's only for one time.
It is always pound foolish and penny wise. They spent a fortune to the most rediciles thinks, but for something real important they don't spent a euro/pound/dollar. Because it's pity of the money. It is always the same repeating story in the wiki movement.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:54 am

CrowsNest wrote:
I had to personally spend a full day working to make WikiTribune compliant and like most people doing this without an army of lawyers, I just hope that I got it mostly right

...--Jimbo Wales (talk) 12:42, 12 June 2018 (UTC)
Look at this fucker. Based on my own pretty extensive experience of how much time and money it usually takes to ensure compliance with EU law, he has definitely got it wrong somehow, probably in a massive way. A day, FFS.

For the sake of comparison, the websites of the Baltimore Sun, New York Daily News, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, San Diego Union-Tribune & Orlando Sentinel are still not available in Europe. (I first noticed the tronc, Inc. blackout on the 2nd of June.)

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:45 am

It's complete clear the EU want regulate the internet in a strict way, and a free internet is a illusion in the future. Look for instance here. But also this is not a big surprise, I said it before, those laws and regulations aren't new.

Europe is in many ways extreem strict regulated, many times over regulated. The only thing what happens now is all those national regulations are transferred to one European regulation with sanctions.
We already have a strict copyright law without any fair use and with sanctions in Holland. We already had a strict privacy law in Holland. There is nothing new!
You already pay a fortune if they get you when you use a stupid iPhone photo of someone else without permission. A screenshot is enough. Or a text fragment. The only thing what really is changing are the sanctions. The EU can get your side out of the air or give you a fine, and that is the only difference whit the old regulation and what is new.

And we all know for a long time in Europe this changes were coming. Firms were informed a long time ago. There were spots on the television, it is not something what happens all of a sudden. It is not something new, it is only a bit more European regulation and integration. What is a difficult and slow proces but can't be stopped.