Meet the MediaWiki Poster Boy, and other troll farms

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
WWHP
Sucks

Meet the MediaWiki Poster Boy, and other troll farms

Post by WWHP » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi everyone,

Without mentioning his name (which will only bring him here, so please let's just refer to him as MediaWiki PosterBoy), I wanted to share latest on him. He has now made it complete, even using his real name now to continue his activity. I don't need to write anymore about him now really, case closed!

That skeptic troll farm is even getting boring now.

Also, fun stuff that's kinda scary/freaky: This is a bit outside my territory, I discovered evidence of a proRussia troll farm linking with Trump on twitter as early as 2014, and since I saw no mention of this obvious troll account in the media yet, I made a record of it here: http://wikipediawehaveaproblem.com/2018 ... fore-2015/

Not meant to be a political discussion, fyi.

Cheers!
WWHP

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Meet the MediaWiki Poster Boy, and other troll farms

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:27 pm

Good read.

Do they not realise nobody reads Wikia? It's like a running joke inside Wikipedia.

You've tried a basic takedown request of course?

WWHP
Sucks

Re: Meet the MediaWiki Poster Boy, and other troll farms

Post by WWHP » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:56 pm

thx CrowsNest. Wiki has lively niche communities still, they may be small in comparison to the other MediaWiki's, but the still have a wallop of a punch in GoogleSearch and still generating advertising dollars.

No, I haven't requested take down yet, this secondary RationalWiki attack article actually makes the case I think a bit more clear, so helping more than hurting.