Complete loons

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Complete loons

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:22 pm

I'd like to start an argument with someone here so we can personally attack each other so we'll end up at ANI with a thread entitled "Ad hominem at homonym". We might get blocked but it will be worth it. EEng 19:02, 4 June 2018 (UTC)

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Homonym&oldid=865435647#Ad_hominem
We are very busy here doing very important things. We have no time for frivolity. --Floquenbeam (talk) 18:23, 23 October 2018 (UTC)

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents&oldid=865434582#Ad_hominem_at_homonym
There is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents regarding a fissue with which you may have been involved. ∰Bellezzasolo✡ Discuss 22:57, 23 October 2018 (UTC)

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Natureium&diff=865434977&oldid=865245473
This whole thread is dumb and everybody here is dumber for having participated. Simonm223 (talk) 18:45, 23 October 2018 (UTC)

There are stupid things on ANI. This one just pushes it.

LargelyRecyclable
Sucks Noob

Re: Complete loons

Post by LargelyRecyclable » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:54 pm

It's a joke, man. If anything, Wikipedia could use a little more levity and a little less self-importance.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Complete loons

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:25 am

Classic Wikipedia. Fruitloop EEng tries to start a laughter party with a mildly amusing piece of wordplay. The only thing his playmates can think to add to this already weak sauce, is a parody of all their fellow Wikipedians who take themselves way too seriously by shutting down any attempt to waste time through frivolous activities.

What makes me laugh, is the only Wikipedian that comes to mind who regularly complains about their fellow Wikipedians not using their time productively, is Ritchie333. He tends to do that when Wikipedians are discussing on AN/I whether or not to block an established editor like EEng (often EEng himself) for making ad hominem attacks.

So EEng has inadvertently created a situation where all the kids who are too cool for school are taking the piss out of Ritchie for doing something that directly benefits EEng, and Ritchie can't join in the fun without outing himself as someone wno is only against people wasting time on Wikipedia when doing so is a threat to people like EEng.

Now that's some next level satirical shit. EEng would love to claim credit for setting this joke up, I am sure, but he's just not that funny. Or smart.

There's a sad sociological question this particular piece of frivolity poses. One that the Wikipedians really will be blind to, because the joke is well and truly on them. Did EEng start this nonsense because he sees the value to Wikipedia in cameraderie? Or did he do it because he's a sad little addict who gets bored easily? And did everyone join in because they see the value in camaraderie on Wikipedia? Or are they just bored addicts as well? Are they wasting time on this frivolity because building an encyclopedia is a difficult business and you need to take time off to relieve the stress? Or are they not remotely stressed because they're not remotely doing anything as serious as building an encyclopedia? Is this form of time wasting any less wasteful to their own lives, or to humanity in general, than anything else they do on Wikipedia?

It's a real tough question, right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wikipedians can't do humour. They think they can, but then again, they think they are building an encyclopedia. Baddumtish.

Of course, the best sort of humour is when you are taking the piss out of yourself. The worst is when you are taking the piss out of people who thought they were your comrades. That is the real Wikipedia. These are the real Wikipedians. Thoroughly nasty people, even when trying to be funny and light hearted.

Time for a roll call.....

Floquenbeam
MjolnirPants
Dlohcierekim
Swarm
SemiHypercube
Tryptofish
Beyond My Men
Shock Brigade Harvester Boris
power~enwiki
Cullen328

Yup, that's them. The only person I didn't already recognise as a Wikipedian's Wikipedian, is "SemiHypercube", but with a name like that, you just know he's right at home in that group. Infact...... :idea: