Email of a blocked user to ARBCOM (copied from another blog)

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Kato
Sucks

Email of a blocked user to ARBCOM (copied from another blog)

Post by Kato » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:54 pm

Email of a blocked user to ARBCOM (Fair Use copied from another blog)

To:
The Arbitration Committee
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG
<arbcom-l@lists.wikimedia.org>

Date: 04 March 2017

Sirs,

Subject : COMPLAINT of harassment, sockpuppetry, undisclosed paid edits etc. by Administrators and Oversighter(s) to deceive the readers / users of Wikipedia

This is just a hurried preliminary note to ascertain ARBCOM's stand on certain incidents which I am describing below concerning behaviorial issues of your editors / administrators and including deceitful editing and sock-puppetry. I had already "pinged" your members "Doug Weller" and "Ira Brad Matetsky" ("NewYorkBrad") on Wikipedia but had my talk page blocked for it. Hence this email.

I, am your project's user. I also have the account name "INLINETEXT".

I, am constrained to inform you (in brief) as follows in connection with

(i) the ARCA unban request for your banned user "OCCULTZONE",
(ii) Deceitful paid editing sponsored by your user:Vipul,
(iii) Deceitful paid editing by certain users and administrators, and accompanied by sockpuppetry (including meatpuppetry) and other abusive practices.

1) That I conveyed certain cautions on the ARCA discussions linking the banned user OCCULTZONE's records to other abusively used accounts and suggested that the user not be unbanned. I especially drew attention of ARBCOM to OccultZone's edit

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =646969360

which bore the curious comment "haven't socked for 3 years+" and which removed 'inter-alia' the following warning notice to the Internet users

Code: Select all

"This account has been blocked indefinitely because CheckUser evidence confirms that the operator has abusively used multiple accounts."

to replace it with text glorifying the blocked user.

This suspicious editorial action by your ARBCOM banned user engenders concern that user:OccultZone is either user:La_goutte_de_pluie or their sockpuppet.
(NB: I use the terms sockpuppet and meatpuppet interchangeably as described in your community policies)

You may also verify from your records that your indefinitely blocked user "La goutte de pluie" was previously your user account "NATALINASMPF" till November 2007 and an administrator for about 6 years. That despite being "indefinitely blocked", I believe the user continues to abusively edit Wikipedia under multiple accounts, using technology to evade detection, and including, as I am informed, as the User "FlyerReborn_22" (previously FlyerReborn) or suchlike.

I am sure you will find that these users extensively used IP addresses from Singapore, and in fact are originally from Singapore.

2) It is highlighted that the sockpuppet investigations into user:OccultZone was mainly carried out by your Checkuser:DoRD, who was previously known as user:Department of Redundancy Department, who holds very high permissions on your project, self described as "I am an administrator, CheckUser and Oversighter on the English Wikipedia.".

I cite the evidence https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 86.92_DoRD

containing certain phrases
"Also, the self-amusement of the name has long passed." and
"Done - both accounts belong to the same person"

3) That on 28.March.2017 your administrator 'DoRD' replied to me on the ARCA as follows

"@Inlinetext: If there was a connection between OZ and any other sockfarm, we would have discovered it, so your concerns are unfounded. ​—DoRD (talk)​ 17:25, 28 March 2017 (UTC) "

followed up with

@Inlinetext: You strongly disagree with what, and what does your anti-paid editing crusade have to do with OZ's unban request? ​—DoRD (talk)​ 19:07, 28 March 2017 (UTC)

@Inlinetext: I'm sorry that you dislike the term I used, but the fact remains that you are mistaken. You are seeing a connection that does not exist. I'm not going to rehash OZ's SPI here, but IPs from Singapore had nothing to do with it. In addition, there was no indication of paid editing raised in the ArbCom case, and apart from your accusations, I am unaware of any suspicions being raised elsewhere. ​—DoRD (talk)​ 22:32, 28 March 2017 (UTC)

4) That my own responses included:

DoRD I disagreed with If there was a connection between OZ and any other sockfarm, we would have discovered it. My concern with paid editing is directly connected to the recent harassement I encountered, OZ's edit to Natalinasmpf's user page and harassment of several other users over time by this ring in furtherance of their paid editing. IMO, there were too many botched CU's over time involving Singapore IP's, editing in specific areas and "my brother did it" excuses. This is very long term "slow" abuse by computer experts, which I am not prepared to discuss publicly with this community until its policy on Outing is altered to allow it. I object to the term "crusade", especially since it refers to massacre of Asians by Anglos. Inlinetext (talk) 19:41, 28 March 2017 (UTC)
DoRD I don't know how you can state that the issue of sockpuppetry allegations for editors with CU'd Singapore IPs was not raised at OZ's Arbcom case. 1) OZ removes a CU badge from Natalinasmpf's User page and replaces it with the user's original content. 'Natalinasmpf' edited in the Singapore topic area, and its very unlikely that the editor has stopped editing. 2) There is some on-wiki evidence linking Natalinasmpf and Simfish, eg. link and considerable off wiki evidence about the person(s) behind the names. 3) User:Simfish is (now) a declared paid editor for User:Vipul. 4) It is unclear where User:Alamkonayun has vanished (great server crash?) along with their edits. Natalinasmpf is indeffed and User:Bonkers The Clown continues seamlessly, it goes much further than this and connects to WP:LTA/OM, editors who rant that CU is magic pixie dust "My brother did it", and WMF finally taking over child protection from Arbcom. Inlinetext (talk) 03:41, 29 March 2017 (UTC)

5) That on 2nd April 2017, while browsing the notice boards or Wikipedia, I came across a request for edits to be made on behalf of a paid editor "Wiilliam Beutler" of Beutler Ink in the Wikipedia article "Robert A. Mandell". While comparing the extant article to the version proposed I was shocked by the levels of deceit proposed to be practiced on the readers of Wikipedia by Mr. Beutler and I replied to hm on the article's talk page with my objections. I then checked Mr. Beutler's similar past requests for edits and discovered that considerable quantities of text
ghost written by him were being slipped surreptitiously into "article space" on his behalf. I say surreptitiously because these edits made on Mr. Beutler's behalf miserably fail to comply or conform to the PAIDATTRIBUTE guidelines for conflicted edits settled by the community under their "COI guideline" and "PAID policy" for additional compliance to the Wikimedia Foundation's Terms of Use.

Accordingly I removed those edits vide the following trackback
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =769061051

reverting to a earlier version with the clear comment
"Reverting to old version 730150525 by Jasonanaggie (talk | contribs) at 02:18, 17 July 2016, reason => WP:COIRESPONSE edits fail WP:PAIDATTRIBUTE"

However, my edit was reverted a few hours later by another administrator account "Ivanvector" who is part of the Check User team (as a clerk or suchlike). The facts that my revert was made solely for failure to comply with WP:PAIDATTRIBUTE was ignored.

I then came to know, through my confidential sources, that your Administrator "DoRD" accesses an alternate accout (whose "handle" I am not disclosing presently) which is also used for inserting Mr. Beutler's paid editing assignments. Specifically, I have reason to believe the content I reverted on 3 March 2017 on the lobbyist Hilary Rosen's (another client of Mr. Beutler) Wikipedia article was mainly inserted by the said other account which is, at least, very closely connected to, if not actually the same person, as user:"DoRD".

I also surmise that I was subsequently blocked (indefinitely) at the instance of Mr.William Beutler, who is a lobbyist for paid editing at Wikipedia (which involves many of the notorious paid editing scandals afflicting Wikipedia, ie. "OrangeMoody", "Wifione", "Wiki-PR") etc, some of whom had also attempted to extort monies from me.

Accordingly, I would request ARBCOM to kindly ascertain
A) Why the Wikipedia articles bearing deceitful paid promotional commercial edits ghost written and inserted on behalf of Mr. Beutler do not prominently disclose these promotions on the readers in a way easily noticed by Wikipedia's readers, and especially the mobile users?

B) Why the articles with paid edits commissioned by your user:Vipul also deceitfully do not bear a similar prominent notice or disclosure of paid editing, (except intermittently when the WMF needs to raise donations from European Union readers through WP:COVERT advertisments from readers of these articles) ?
Please see an automatically archived example at http://archive.is/EimX8

C) Certain curious aspects and deceits re: your Administrator, Checkuser and Oversighter "DoRD". (I am highlighting that an "Oversighter" has the permissions to silently erase, delete, tamper or modify the pages of Wikipedia without leaving an easy trail, requiring that all the relevant electronic records be carefully preserved.).

Since this is also a WMF "Terms of Use" related complaint, kindly acknowledge this email within 48 hours indicating your course of action. Once the Arbcom indicates their stand on my complaint, I shall share certain evidences in these matters along with additional submissions after first satisfying myself that ARBCOM is competent and interested in genuinely resolving the matter in the interests of their users.

Kindly note that I am not here seeking to be unblocked at the English language Wikipedia.

sincerely
USER:INLINETEXT

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Email of a blocked user to ARBCOM (copied from another b

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:15 pm

Sorry, still think you're wasting your time.....

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:53 pm

pick_a_new_name wrote:Email of a blocked user to ARBCOM (Fair Use copied from another blog)

To:
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Sirs,

Subject : COMPLAINT of harassment, sockpuppetry, undisclosed paid edits etc. by Administrators and Oversighter(s) to deceive the readers / users of Wikipedia

This is just a hurried preliminary note to ascertain ARBCOM's stand on certain incidents which I am describing below concerning behaviorial issues of your editors / administrators and including deceitful editing and sock-puppetry. I had already "pinged" your members "Doug Weller" and "Ira Brad Matetsky" ("NewYorkBrad") on Wikipedia but had my talk page blocked for it. Hence this email.

I, am your project's user. I also have the account name "INLINETEXT".

I, am constrained to inform you (in brief) as follows in connection with

(i) the ARCA unban request for your banned user "OCCULTZONE",
(ii) Deceitful paid editing sponsored by your user:Vipul,
(iii) Deceitful paid editing by certain users and administrators, and accompanied by sockpuppetry (including meatpuppetry) and other abusive practices.

1) That I conveyed certain cautions on the ARCA discussions linking the banned user OCCULTZONE's records to other abusively used accounts and suggested that the user not be unbanned. I especially drew attention of ARBCOM to OccultZone's edit

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =646969360

which bore the curious comment "haven't socked for 3 years+" and which removed 'inter-alia' the following warning notice to the Internet users

Code: Select all

"This account has been blocked indefinitely because CheckUser evidence confirms that the operator has abusively used multiple accounts."

to replace it with text glorifying the blocked user.

This suspicious editorial action by your ARBCOM banned user engenders concern that user:OccultZone is either user:La_goutte_de_pluie or their sockpuppet.
(NB: I use the terms sockpuppet and meatpuppet interchangeably as described in your community policies)

You may also verify from your records that your indefinitely blocked user "La goutte de pluie" was previously your user account "NATALINASMPF" till November 2007 and an administrator for about 6 years. That despite being "indefinitely blocked", I believe the user continues to abusively edit Wikipedia under multiple accounts, using technology to evade detection, and including, as I am informed, as the User "FlyerReborn_22" (previously FlyerReborn) or suchlike.

I am sure you will find that these users extensively used IP addresses from Singapore, and in fact are originally from Singapore.

2) It is highlighted that the sockpuppet investigations into user:OccultZone was mainly carried out by your Checkuser:DoRD, who was previously known as user:Department of Redundancy Department, who holds very high permissions on your project, self described as "I am an administrator, CheckUser and Oversighter on the English Wikipedia.".

I cite the evidence https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 86.92_DoRD

containing certain phrases
"Also, the self-amusement of the name has long passed." and
"Done - both accounts belong to the same person"

3) That on 28.March.2017 your administrator 'DoRD' replied to me on the ARCA as follows

"@Inlinetext: If there was a connection between OZ and any other sockfarm, we would have discovered it, so your concerns are unfounded. ​—DoRD (talk)​ 17:25, 28 March 2017 (UTC) "

followed up with

@Inlinetext: You strongly disagree with what, and what does your anti-paid editing crusade have to do with OZ's unban request? ​—DoRD (talk)​ 19:07, 28 March 2017 (UTC)

@Inlinetext: I'm sorry that you dislike the term I used, but the fact remains that you are mistaken. You are seeing a connection that does not exist. I'm not going to rehash OZ's SPI here, but IPs from Singapore had nothing to do with it. In addition, there was no indication of paid editing raised in the ArbCom case, and apart from your accusations, I am unaware of any suspicions being raised elsewhere. ​—DoRD (talk)​ 22:32, 28 March 2017 (UTC)

4) That my own responses included:

DoRD I disagreed with If there was a connection between OZ and any other sockfarm, we would have discovered it. My concern with paid editing is directly connected to the recent harassement I encountered, OZ's edit to Natalinasmpf's user page and harassment of several other users over time by this ring in furtherance of their paid editing. IMO, there were too many botched CU's over time involving Singapore IP's, editing in specific areas and "my brother did it" excuses. This is very long term "slow" abuse by computer experts, which I am not prepared to discuss publicly with this community until its policy on Outing is altered to allow it. I object to the term "crusade", especially since it refers to massacre of Asians by Anglos. Inlinetext (talk) 19:41, 28 March 2017 (UTC)
DoRD I don't know how you can state that the issue of sockpuppetry allegations for editors with CU'd Singapore IPs was not raised at OZ's Arbcom case. 1) OZ removes a CU badge from Natalinasmpf's User page and replaces it with the user's original content. 'Natalinasmpf' edited in the Singapore topic area, and its very unlikely that the editor has stopped editing. 2) There is some on-wiki evidence linking Natalinasmpf and Simfish, eg. link and considerable off wiki evidence about the person(s) behind the names. 3) User:Simfish is (now) a declared paid editor for User:Vipul. 4) It is unclear where User:Alamkonayun has vanished (great server crash?) along with their edits. Natalinasmpf is indeffed and User:Bonkers The Clown continues seamlessly, it goes much further than this and connects to WP:LTA/OM, editors who rant that CU is magic pixie dust "My brother did it", and WMF finally taking over child protection from Arbcom. Inlinetext (talk) 03:41, 29 March 2017 (UTC)

5) That on 2nd April 2017, while browsing the notice boards or Wikipedia, I came across a request for edits to be made on behalf of a paid editor "Wiilliam Beutler" of Beutler Ink in the Wikipedia article "Robert A. Mandell". While comparing the extant article to the version proposed I was shocked by the levels of deceit proposed to be practiced on the readers of Wikipedia by Mr. Beutler and I replied to hm on the article's talk page with my objections. I then checked Mr. Beutler's similar past requests for edits and discovered that considerable quantities of text
ghost written by him were being slipped surreptitiously into "article space" on his behalf. I say surreptitiously because these edits made on Mr. Beutler's behalf miserably fail to comply or conform to the PAIDATTRIBUTE guidelines for conflicted edits settled by the community under their "COI guideline" and "PAID policy" for additional compliance to the Wikimedia Foundation's Terms of Use.

Accordingly I removed those edits vide the following trackback
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =769061051

reverting to a earlier version with the clear comment
"Reverting to old version 730150525 by Jasonanaggie (talk | contribs) at 02:18, 17 July 2016, reason => WP:COIRESPONSE edits fail WP:PAIDATTRIBUTE"

However, my edit was reverted a few hours later by another administrator account "Ivanvector" who is part of the Check User team (as a clerk or suchlike). The facts that my revert was made solely for failure to comply with WP:PAIDATTRIBUTE was ignored.

I then came to know, through my confidential sources, that your Administrator "DoRD" accesses an alternate accout (whose "handle" I am not disclosing presently) which is also used for inserting Mr. Beutler's paid editing assignments. Specifically, I have reason to believe the content I reverted on 3 March 2017 on the lobbyist Hilary Rosen's (another client of Mr. Beutler) Wikipedia article was mainly inserted by the said other account which is, at least, very closely connected to, if not actually the same person, as user:"DoRD".

I also surmise that I was subsequently blocked (indefinitely) at the instance of Mr.William Beutler, who is a lobbyist for paid editing at Wikipedia (which involves many of the notorious paid editing scandals afflicting Wikipedia, ie. "OrangeMoody", "Wifione", "Wiki-PR") etc, some of whom had also attempted to extort monies from me.

Accordingly, I would request ARBCOM to kindly ascertain
A) Why the Wikipedia articles bearing deceitful paid promotional commercial edits ghost written and inserted on behalf of Mr. Beutler do not prominently disclose these promotions on the readers in a way easily noticed by Wikipedia's readers, and especially the mobile users?

B) Why the articles with paid edits commissioned by your user:Vipul also deceitfully do not bear a similar prominent notice or disclosure of paid editing, (except intermittently when the WMF needs to raise donations from European Union readers through WP:COVERT advertisments from readers of these articles) ?
Please see an automatically archived example at http://archive.is/EimX8

C) Certain curious aspects and deceits re: your Administrator, Checkuser and Oversighter "DoRD". (I am highlighting that an "Oversighter" has the permissions to silently erase, delete, tamper or modify the pages of Wikipedia without leaving an easy trail, requiring that all the relevant electronic records be carefully preserved.).

Since this is also a WMF "Terms of Use" related complaint, kindly acknowledge this email within 48 hours indicating your course of action. Once the Arbcom indicates their stand on my complaint, I shall share certain evidences in these matters along with additional submissions after first satisfying myself that ARBCOM is competent and interested in genuinely resolving the matter in the interests of their users.

Kindly note that I am not here seeking to be unblocked at the English language Wikipedia.

sincerely
I'm guessing ArbCom didn't satisfactorily respond within 48 hours as Inlinetext demanded.

I'm very dubious that Flyer had anything to do with any of this.

Archive dot is automatically archived the relevant page? I thought that was a "piracy" site. I didn't realize the archives were made automatically.

Keep us posted.

Kato
Sucks

Post by Kato » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:18 am

ericbarbour wrote:Sorry, still think you're wasting your time.....
The author "Inlinetext" believes that informing arbcom is a neccessary formality to be completed before he can approach WMF. S/he is well aware that Arbcom does not reply in 48 hours, so s/he had pinged "NYbrad" and will send an email to "imatetsky @ ganfershore.com" after 72 hours.

As a dual resident of the EU and also India, the author is informing the so-called Wikipedia "community" that s/he shall not respect doxxing, agf, privacy etc. and silly self-written community policies which prevent "outing" of paid editors.

BTW Mr. Barbour, does your book have the alternate accounts / real name of this Oversighter "DoRD" ? Any past history of this user is appreciated to corroborate / contradict our own research.

Kato
Sucks

Post by Kato » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:43 am

Flip Flopped wrote:
pick_a_new_name wrote:Email of a blocked user to ARBCOM (Fair Use copied from another blog)

To:
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG
.. .. .. ... .... .....
sincerely
I'm guessing ArbCom didn't satisfactorily respond within 48 hours as Inlinetext demanded.
I'm very dubious that Flyer had anything to do with any of this.
Archive dot is automatically archived the relevant page? I thought that was a "piracy" site. I didn't realize the archives were made automatically.
Keep us posted.
48 hours is the time specified in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... m_email.3F
There is still another 36 hours left to run.

The author is dual resident of EU and India, and their earlier edits at wikipedia were mainly in the field of German opera. S/he is also on the board of governors of a very prestigious academic insititute, but could not edit properly on academic topics at wikipedia due to some racists (racial intelligence) there who drove them away with harassment Arbom could not control due to outing issues ('Mathsci"). The author's own academic institute was a prominent victim (shakedowns) of both the Wifione and OrangeMoody paid editing sockfarms so they have masses of "automatically archived" evidence with them. (apparently there is a browser addon for it).

Examining Flyer's block records, one sees extensive edits from Singapore (proxies?) (mainly from Hotfrog's pool) and also the "my brother did it" gambit to be unblocked (also used by another of Natalinasmpf's socks).

Kato
Sucks

Post by Kato » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:03 am

Inlinetext has posted on a private blog of Wikipedia users, which is automatically emailed to me.

1 That they have received an arbcom list acknowldgement
2 The text of their email to some Dr. Aaij

Subject: A caution and advice concerning Wikipedia edits
To: maaij1@aum.edu

Dear Dr. Aaij

This is an informal post and caution to you.

I observe that you (as "Drmies") have "hatted" (ie. suppressed) my remarks at

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =773898419

I suggest that you carefully examine the overlap between your academic activities and your wikipedia activities, especially if this matter ever reaches an external agency and your conduct comes under scrutiny.

You are surely aware that the Arbcom blocked administrator account "Bladesmulti" was a repeatedly Checkuser confirmed sockpuppet of OccultZone who was tagged by multiple checkusers, including "DoRD".

Because you may not have received, as yet, my email to the ARBCOM mailing list (it is auto-acknowledged to me as awaiting list moderation), I am according you the benefit of doubt.

"Inlinetext"

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:03 pm

Very informative. Thanks for the updates.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue May 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Kato wrote:BTW Mr. Barbour, does your book have the alternate accounts / real name of this Oversighter "DoRD" ? Any past history of this user is appreciated to corroborate / contradict our own research.

I've tried and tried. Apart from starting out on WP as a patroller called "TravisTX", who has some fondness for Fox News, we were unable to figure out much more about him. He went to great lengths to hide his identity after he passed RFA in 2008.