A Den Jentyl Ettien Avel Dysklyver

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

A Den Jentyl Ettien Avel Dysklyver

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Dysklyver on WO wrote:Given that no one ever responded to my email a few months ago asking to be un-globally-locked I guess there is.

Aren't you aware you are dealing with the #Ineveransweranyemail mouvement? Every wiki-watcher knows they never answer any emails, except if you want to donate money. That is the first thing the sekt members learn, don't answer ever emails or questions, It is a important part of there silly mouvement.

That was the same with the Romaine-Dimi-Gerlach disaster. They should conquer the European Parlement, I said it was foolish, they trolled me out and they failed complete, but do you think anyone will say, sorry Statler you was right and we where wrong? Forget it!

Do you know what there new campagne slogan is? Wikipedia is meer, Wikipedia is more! After this tremendous expensive fiasco, but not a word about it anymore!

sashi
Sucks Critic

Re: A Den Jentyl Ettien Avel Dysklyver

Post by sashi » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:07 am

Zip....

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:
Dysklyver on WO wrote:Given that no one ever responded to my email a few months ago asking to be un-globally-locked I guess there is.

Aren't you aware you are dealing with the #Ineveransweranyemail mouvement? Every wiki-watcher knows they never answer any emails, except if you want to donate money. That is the first thing the sekt members learn, don't answer ever emails or questions, It is a important part of there silly mouvement.

That was the same with the Romaine-Dimi-Gerlach disaster. They should conquer the European Parlement, I said it was foolish, they trolled me out and they failed complete, but do you think anyone will say, sorry Statler you was right and we where wrong? Forget it!

Do you know what there new campagne slogan is? Wikipedia is meer, Wikipedia is more! After this tremendous expensive fiasco, but not a word about it anymore!

They answer emails from their own people. I/we (not just me) have lots of emails from this, some good stuff.

Funny also how many people use gmail, even though it is notoriously insecure. And how every admin seems to have their own "wiki" email clearly separated from their personal one. Non-admins generally don't.

Just to see what would happen, we posted an unlock appeal on the global stewards noticeboard with an old account I hadn't used (the noticeboard is protected so only old accounts can edit it) The response was highly amusing:
-revi wrote:Hey, nope. Locked. — regards, Revi 17:32, 16 November 2018 (UTC)

Marked as "not done", presumably meaning rejected. It is safe to say that a non-response is the equivalent of this if you were emailing them.

Curiously I was entirely serious on that unlock appeal, mainly because I knew they would reject it. It would have been slightly embarrassing had they show like any goodwill, or "good faith" as they put it.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:03 pm

So, trolling Jimbo's talk page...
I am reaching out to you Jimbo about the need for the Wikimedia to keep the free knowledge movement in Europe strong. Already Project Gutenberg have blocked access to their site in Germany after a court there ordered them to block access to 18 public domain works. (PD in USA, but not in Germany) [8] [9]. It is important that European governments do not censor Wikipedia over copyright when enacting the provisions of the Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market which as you must know, will be passed into law individually by each European country. The legislatures have the ability to alter the overall terms and make it easier for people in European countries to restrict free knowledge. It is important that we do not think the battle is over and become complacent in fighting for free knowledge. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Complet Idiot (talk • contribs) 14:51, 22 November 2018 (UTC)

Incredibly, the message was replied to!
I'm on it. I'll do what I can.--Jimbo Wales (talk) 20:20, 22 November 2018 (UTC)

Which goes to show, if you put the right buzzwords and spin in there, Jimbo will happily talk to to anyone, even Complet Idiot...

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:44 pm

I very nearly replied to JW's comment before thinking better of it. Are you claiming to be Complet Idiot, now, Arthur, before you've even been tazed and had your contributions revoked? :|

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:33 am

Strange...

When i wanted to discuss this matter with Jimmy I was instantly Global locked an SanFanBanned....

The whole matter and where the reality gap is, is there is nothing new.
The way they have collected their "knowlege" for instance in Holland was always forbidden by the copyright law out of 1912.......

Because that is in base the huge misunderstanding of WMF and where there reality gap is. Jimmy can't do anything about it. It was always in this way, it has always been impossible to run a Dutch orientated side under the American legal system.
Because there is no fair use and a zero tolerance regiem and no section 230, and because you are under more than one legal system if you do so.
It has really nothing to do with Europe and even not with article 13. Copyright and licenses is a national affair in Europe. The only thing what has changed is a firm can be fined and they want to filter content. But putting a site on black by a court was already possible as you can see in that German verdict and copyvio was always strikt forbidden.

And that username of Arthur, ah, me is told I am a madman so often and I needed psychiatric help. In the wiki world is every jurist a complete idiot you know, so for them it was the a complete normal username for a lawyer.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:19 am

Graaf Statler wrote:Strange...

When i wanted to discuss this matter with Jimmy I was instantly Global locked an SanFanBanned....

The whole matter and where the reality gap is, is there is nothing new.
The way they have collected their "knowlege" for instance in Holland was always forbidden by the copyright law out of 1912.......

Because that is in base the huge misunderstanding of WMF and where there reality gap is. Jimmy can't do anything about it. It was always in this way, it has always been impossible to run a Dutch orientated side under the American legal system.
Because there is no fair use and a zero tolerance regiem and no section 230, and because you are under more than one legal system if you do so.
It has really nothing to do with Europe and even not with article 13. Copyright and licenses is a national affair in Europe. The only thing what has changed is a firm can be fined and they want to filter content. But putting a site on black by a court was already possible as you can see in that German verdict and copyvio was always strikt forbidden.

And that username of Arthur, ah, me is told I am a madman so often and I needed psychiatric help. In the wiki world is every jurist a complete idiot you know, so for them it was the a complete normal username for a lawyer.

Yes, it has been illegal for some time in specific European countries. The difference posed by the new laws is that the courts will be happier to rule against foreign hosts, Wikipedia has traditionally been safe enough because they are hosted in the US, and because they are not responsible for their content which is user-generated. If these new laws come into effect as anticipated, the "protections" they had before will mean zippity nothing.

* The new law makes the host responsible for the content regardless of who put it there, which will make a big difference.
* The new law makes it easy to sue against people for content not hosted in Europe, as long as it is accessible in Europe.
* A proactive requirement to filter and remove material which is a copyvio in Europe will be introduced, the WMF will need to do this.
* Unlike Turkey, the EU has the technical ability to block specific parts of Wikipedia, no blanket ban of the entire Wikipedia is needed.
* With the ability to block specific Wikimedia pages or projects (like Wikisource or Commons), the European courts will be more than happy to do so.

Of course Jimbo can figure that out for himself, not that I expect him to be able to change the outcome which I believe to be an inevitable strengthening of European law on the internet.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:43 am

That is true, but someone who is reusing there contentin a European country was never protected and I think that is also important to mention. Or who is a European editor. Only WMF is/was protected.
And to be honest I am pretty sure the lawyers who created this new regulation knew exacte what the did, and had to be known they made the operating of Wikipedia impossible in the future in Europe in practice. Or to reuse there content.

Jimmy's problem where the wiki lawyers and there helping hands. The trolls. Gerlach what should be a Swiss lawyer, Dimi, the political scientist and Romaine the mother of all trolls where telling such a incredible nonsens all the time! It was total crap, just like conquering the European Parlement.
Mit Opa nach Europa, with granddad to Europe. Every normal thinking person knows the democratic level of the Europarlement is externe low, you can reach almost nothing there! But our brave trolling wiki rockstar Romaine went to Europe! Romaaaineee=>Wikimedia.

And why do you think everybody reacted like a colony mouses how saw a cat when Statler made his appearance on Jimbo talk? Why did they freaked complete out? Because they are a bunch of lying trolls who fooled and fucked the big chef all the time! And now they try to blame him for everything!

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Dysklyver wrote:So, trolling Jimbo's talk page...
I am reaching out to you Jimbo about the need for the Wikimedia to keep the free knowledge movement in Europe strong. Already Project Gutenberg have blocked access to their site in Germany after a court there ordered them to block access to 18 public domain works. (PD in USA, but not in Germany) [8] [9]. It is important that European governments do not censor Wikipedia over copyright when enacting the provisions of the Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market which as you must know, will be passed into law individually by each European country. The legislatures have the ability to alter the overall terms and make it easier for people in European countries to restrict free knowledge. It is important that we do not think the battle is over and become complacent in fighting for free knowledge. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Complet Idiot (talk • contribs) 14:51, 22 November 2018 (UTC)

Incredibly, the message was replied to!
I'm on it. I'll do what I can.--Jimbo Wales (talk) 20:20, 22 November 2018 (UTC)

You have to talk and act like a "true believer". That's all Jimbo really wants. Ass-kissing slaves.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:58 pm

blocked sockpuppet WP:SOCKSTRIKEIntoThinAir (talk) 03:52, 24 November 2018 (UTC)

So, the problem is solved. what can life be easy.