Does this seem legit?

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
WWHP
Sucks

Does this seem legit?

Post by WWHP » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:21 am

Hi.

I'm not going to mention the Wikipedia editors name here so search picks it up, but if this is a legit twitter account either there is a controversy brewing somewhere (as this editor is notorious for speaking out against COI and their account offers editing services) or there are impersonation shenanigans happening.

https://twitter.com/Jytdog

cheers
WWHP

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Re: Does this seem legit?

Post by Flip Flopped » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:43 am

WWHP wrote:Hi.

I'm not going to mention the Wikipedia editors name here so search picks it up, but if this is a legit twitter account either there is a controversy brewing somewhere (as this editor is notorious for speaking out against COI and their account offers editing services) or there are impersonation shenanigans happening.

https://twitter.com/Jytdog

cheers
WWHP
Surely it's a joe-job. I wonder who he has pissed off recently.

WWHP
Sucks

Post by WWHP » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:25 pm

thx trip, it's what i figured too. there has been lots of drama with him lately so I wasn't sure if it was him just making an ironic point as satire.

I confirmed with him it wasn't in the latest WWHP post.

I consider this a good example of evading a ban for the good of the community.

http://wikipediawehaveaproblem.com/2017 ... or-safety/

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:08 am

WWHP wrote:thx trip, it's what i figured too. there has been lots of drama with him lately so I wasn't sure if it was him just making an ironic point as satire.

Good post! What a dilemma having to make a sock to warn an out of control WP editor like Jytdog. I wonder if he is paid to edit.

HRA1924
Sucks

Post by HRA1924 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:
WWHP wrote:thx trip, it's what i figured too. there has been lots of drama with him lately so I wasn't sure if it was him just making an ironic point as satire.

Good post! What a dilemma having to make a sock to warn an out of control WP editor like Jytdog. I wonder if he is paid to edit.
Of course Jytdog is paid to edit. He is a Q-ship. Its just too convenient for the Wiki paid editor rogues to have a paid shill for big pharma acting as the opposition to them instead of an uncompromising hardline 'Inlinetext'. Par for the course when Jimbo Wales does paid edits for free sex.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:03 pm

HRA1924 wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:

Of course Jytdog is paid to edit. He is a Q-ship. Its just too convenient for the Wiki paid editor rogues to have a paid shill for big pharma acting as the opposition to them instead of an uncompromising hardline 'Inlinetext'. Par for the course when Jimbo Wales does paid edits for free sex.
Oh come on! Wales is enough of a jerk that you don't have to fabricate ridiculous charges against him. Wales did not get paid by anyone to edit and he did not exchange sex for editing Wikipedia. He did have an extra-marital affair with a woman whose Wikipedia article he edited or on whose behalf he encouraged article edits. The resulting edits made the article more accurate.

Kato
Sucks

Post by Kato » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:15 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:
HRA1924 wrote:Of course Jytdog is paid to edit. He is a Q-ship. Its just too convenient for the Wiki paid editor rogues to have a paid shill for big pharma acting as the opposition to them instead of an uncompromising hardline 'Inlinetext'. Par for the course when Jimbo Wales does paid edits for free sex.
Oh come on! Wales is enough of a jerk that you don't have to fabricate ridiculous charges against him. Wales did not get paid by anyone to edit and he did not exchange sex for editing Wikipedia. He did have an extra-marital affair with a woman whose Wikipedia article he edited or on whose behalf he encouraged article edits. The resulting edits made the article more accurate.
From the WMF Terms of Use “compensation” means an exchange of money, goods, or services. Not only did Jimbo edit the lady's page himself, but his "bright line rule" was crafted to allow other accounts to do so on his behalf. Jimbo is a jerk, period. BTW, I dimly recall that at the time Jimbo claimed he was not married and neither was she. Pity he didn't allow the woman to edit her own article like he does his own.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Kato wrote:
Flip Flopped wrote:
HRA1924 wrote:Of course Jytdog is paid to edit. He is a Q-ship. Its just too convenient for the Wiki paid editor rogues to have a paid shill for big pharma acting as the opposition to them instead of an uncompromising hardline 'Inlinetext'. Par for the course when Jimbo Wales does paid edits for free sex.
From the WMF Terms of Use “compensation” means an exchange of money, goods, or services. Not only did Jimbo edit the lady's page himself, but his "bright line rule" was crafted to allow other accounts to do so on his behalf. Jimbo is a jerk, period. BTW, I dimly recall that at the time Jimbo claimed he was not married and neither was she. Pity he didn't allow the woman to edit her own article like he does his own.
Wales created the "Bright line rule" for another reason and I think it was related to Kohs.

If a couple is dating and he washes her car then later they have sex, obviously he is being paid via sex for the car washing. That's what you're saying and it's stupid. The stronger case is that it's unethical for the founder of Wikipedia to have a relationship with someone whose article he edited. Wales may have been separated by the time he was with Marsden. If he was in the process of divorcing then he was effectively single. I don't know Wales' relationship status at the time because I'm not a Wales stalker.

WWHP
Sucks

Post by WWHP » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:Good post! What a dilemma having to make a sock to warn an out of control WP editor like Jytdog. I wonder if he is paid to edit.

Funny, I got an email yesterday from someone claiming to be the real Jytdog on Wikipedia, thanking me for the heads up.

Of course, was that the real Jytdog, which is just an another anonymous account on Wikipedia, or another fake Jytdog thanking me?

The built in satire and absurdity of it all reminds me of Orson Welles "F for Fake", if anyone here has ever saw it.

"A real magician is just an actor, playing the part of a magician."

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:Wales created the "Bright line rule" for another reason and I think it was related to Kohs.

Correct--partially. Typical Jimbo, reactionary to the core and dishonest about everything. Kohs had to be DESTROYED, so for years they racked their little brains to create "policies" that the other Wiki-Nits would probably follow. "Bright Line" didn't appear until after the Phil Gomes/CREWE squawkfest in 2012.

The Bright Line "policy" appears to have failed anyway. They even admitted it in 2015.