Wikimedia's hidden backrooms

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Wikimedia's hidden backrooms

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:22 pm

Tu peux bien les offrir à une autre. They can keep there lies, give them to someone else.

I am pretty sure if I behave myself humble I am welcome again. The "transparent" lie is attractive, you get all kind of benefits, Eric. I am sure I got all kinds of rewards if I return, Alexander is kicked out, what a incompetent jerk, welcome again. It is a system of rewarding and humiliations, Shitty behaving is attractive, it is stimulated. Supporting the big "transparant" lie too.
The problem is at the moment you pass the threshold of Hotel California, the door smash in the lock behind you. You have to live in that lie, and the system gets power over you.

It is like you walk into a swamp, what pulls you under. Because, the alternative is far from attractive. I have been the fox in such a fox hunting, and i can asure you it is a strange experience. Everybody turns against you, people from you never heard start to hunt at you. There is nobody to help you, you are the most long person on earth. Eery crazy lie about you is accepted as the holy true.

His work is copyvio yelled the backward little Ymnes! O, it is not copyright, but anyway I block you permanent, screamed professor Natuur12! Trijnstel gave a horny blink to the little Ymnes and there we go! To Meta! The Stewards form Canada, Iran started to hunt, victory, victory! James, James, a SanFanBan! And all based on a bad MyHermitage page, on total crap.

Wikipedia is a extreem dangers system, because it traps people. And it looks all so attractive, free beer and free lunches, but it is not. Because they are locked up in there worst nightmare, and there is no escape. The only option is to lie on and on. Until everything is a lie. Your friends are a lie, your job is a lie, you whole live is one big lie based on nothing at the end. And there is no escape. You are a sex worker in wikifuckingpedia at the end.

It is wikifaust, you sell your soul to the wikidevil.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:07 am

Dysklyver wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:54 pm
I was going to post this on Wikipediocracy, but then various Wikipedians might write stupid shit valuable insight in the same thread about how it's all a conspiracy theory or something.

So basically, this is a look at what "fishbowl" wikis there are. Some are private and little known, and in general these wikis are used in conjunction with the mailing lists.

The canonical WMF owned domains are hard coded into the Google Chrome web-browser, currently, they are:
wikipedia.org
wikimedia.org
wiktionary.org
wikiquote.org
wikibooks.org
wikisource.org
wikinews.org
wikiversity.org
wikidata.org
wikivoyage.org
wikimediafoundation.org
mediawiki.org
wmfusercontent.org
w.wiki
There are other domains owned by the WMF, but they are not relevant here because they are generally only used as redirects or for tools, for example tools.wmflabs.org. Note that en.wikipedia.org is a subdomain of wikipedia.org, it is not a separate domain in itself, all the different languages are handled by subdomains in this way. Therefore all WMF main wiki's are listed in the STS preload list as a few domains, although there are many hundreds of subdomains.

This itself is not very relevant, what is important is looking at the subdomains for wikimedia.org. These are generally not SUL enabled wikis, and are either less well known or access restricted.

wikitech.wikimedia.org
An internal tech wiki, open access and mainly used by devs for wikimedia specific docs and configuration notes. (General tech notes not wikimedia specific go on mediawiki.org instead).

meta.wikimedia.org
Everyone knows about meta, it's a wiki for discussing other wiki's, and for doing coordination and documentation as well as planning and analysis of stuff.
Various pointless wikis
A number of Wikis such as; ten.wikipedia.org, quality.wikimedia.org, usability.wikimedia.org, strategy.wikimedia.org, outreach.wikimedia.org were all made for various high level processes and eventually discontinued in favour of meta-wiki.

wikimania2018.wikimedia.org etc
This is a set of fourteen wikis for the wikimania event, starting in 2005 one has been made each year. Open access but edit locked once the event year is over.
wikimaniateamwiki
Initially I thought this was wikimania.wikimedia.org, but later realised it was the restricted access wikimaniateam.wikimedia.org.

nyc.wikimedia.org etc
Seventeen wikis specifically for Wikimedia chapters, the British chapter breaks the trend with wikimedia.org.uk, and Norway also has noboard-chapters.wikimedia.org. Four of the chapter sites seem to be in some way locked with others restricted.
foundation.wikimedia.org
Used to be a wiki for the Wikimedia Foundation, now somewhat superseded by wikimediafoundation.org which is hosted on wordpress (widely considered to be a massive sellout) and completely closed.

advisorswiki
A closed private wiki historically used by the Advisory Board (meta-page) in conjunction with their mailing list.
internal.wikimedia.org
Used historically by the Wikimedia Foundation board and staff members and other trusted people, fell out of use by 2015, and was closed in October 2018.
chairwiki
Almost never used, and now being closed, was originally for the Wikimedia board.

arbcom-enwiki
A private wiki for the English Wikipedia arbitration committee. It is one of a set of arbcom wikis for the different language projects, and has changed domain name before, see T33335 and T102814 and T102826. Other arbcom wikis include; arbcom-cswiki, arbcom-dewiki, arbcom-fiwiki and arbcom-nlwiki.

dumps.wikimedia.org
This wiki contains backup dumps of all Wikimedia sites for interested people to download.
auditcom.wikimedia.org
Used mainly prior to 2008 by the Wikimedia Foundation Audit Committee

checkuserwiki
This wiki is used to indefinitely store data on hundreds of sockpuppets and LTA's for years longer than the CU tool maintains logs. It is a generally accepted fact that this wiki holds detailed SPI type logs on many users, and charts to assist in finding socks, the general consensus is that most LTA pages that were deleted per WP:DENY from Wikipedia were kept here and expanded.
stewardwiki
Everything you ever wanted to know about the stewards... behind a firewall.
OTRS-wiki
Part of the OTRS system, basically used by OTRS volunteers to coordinate with the OTRS ticket system, email queues, and freenode IRC channels (of which there is the public OTRS channel, the private channel, and several invite only interview rooms.)

zerowiki
The rather crappy "Wikipedia Zero" project.

loginwiki
This wiki governs logins on all SUL wiki infrastructure, stewards can run a CU check on this wiki to check user details globally. It connects a live feed to an irc channel (#internal on irc.wikimedia.org:6667) for bots to use login data.

And many many more, such as:

grantswiki
Closed in 2006 in favour of some other process, this was a private wiki for grants administration.
boardwiki
Used by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees for internal documentation.
boardgovcomwiki
Probably not used, but yet another wiki for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
chapcomwiki
A private work space for the Affiliations Committee.

And a whole bunch of private wiki sites that nobody talks about

collabwiki
ecwikimedia
execwiki
electcomwiki
fdcwiki
id_internalwikimedia
movementroleswiki
ilwikimedia
legalteamwiki
officewiki
ombudsmenwiki
iegcomwiki
projectcomwiki
wg_enwiki
transitionteamwiki
techconductwiki
searchcomwiki
spcomwiki

Which I cannot be asked to figure out the urls for right now.
outreach.wikimedia.org isn't discontinued.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:57 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:45 am
Thanks for assembling that list of "private wikis". I'll drop it on the book wiki. Most are so seeeekret I'm amazed you even managed to discover them. Figures that many of them are dead.

Don't forget their insane list of IRC channels. Most are also dead. The little fucks do not lack for private places to piss at each other.
Anyone can get the full list here
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers