Google change something, but what?

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Google change something, but what?

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:34 pm

In de Europese Economische Ruimte en Zwitserland worden diensten nu aangeboden door Google Ireland Ltd.

And they adjust there terms of use and privacy policy 22 January. I get this message all the time. Arthur, what does this mean? Are they creating a separated European based Google in Ireland?

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Re: Google change something, but what?

Post by Dysklyver » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:55 am

Graaf Statler wrote:
In de Europese Economische Ruimte en Zwitserland worden diensten nu aangeboden door Google Ireland Ltd.

And they adjust there terms of use and privacy policy 22 January. I get this message all the time. Arthur, what does this mean? Are they creating a separated European based Google in Ireland?

Yes they are.

They are doing this for a few reasons, namely data laws and financial reasons. The new Google will service the EU, in a similar way to how the Chinese Google services China, where the US based company won't comply with local laws. All European customers will use the European Google without knowing it, and experience a different internet with different content, censored and regulated in accordance with the EU's wishes.

* The new Google will be an EU regulated data controller, allowing Google to comply with the GDPR for their European customers.
* As the Copyright Directive takes effect, this Google subsidiary will process content through filters to avoid copyright violations.
* Content on the European Google will be removed according to "right to be forgotten" requests.
* Being based in Ireland, Google will take advantage of favourable low tax rates for it's Google Play and Youtube Red service income.
* It allows Google to cut liability for any draconian European fines and lawsuits from its main business, improving investor confidence.
* Google will store EU users data in Europe, thus avoiding data export regulations.

This will allow Google USA & Worldwide to carry on with less data protections, and to not remove or filter content, as they will be completely freed fro having to worry about EU law.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Google change something, but what?

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:45 pm

The MacDonald and Disney construction in short.
It was one of the first thing I said on WO, what WMF is trying is to sell American 110 volt refrigerators in Europe where we have 230 volt. You need some interface, it can be licenses like the Disney company does for instance. Disney Paris made tremendous loses, but the Disney company made a lot of money with there licences. The legal systems are to different.

It was complete ridicules. Trying to reach your goals with Romaine and Natuur12 trolling, it is imposible. And lying of course, because in the copyright regulation really nothing has changed in the European country's. Save you copyright was the most strange slogan I even saw, because there was nothing to safe, we have it in Holland for instance our copyright law for more than 100 years. There was not any need to safe it, and I can't get why it should help wikipedia.

But anyway this seems me the end of the wikipedia adventure in Europe, because Google is from that date on complete a complete European firm in these country's.
Just what I said, these guys aren't risking a huge fine because that wikipedias had such a good troll time. Ze laten ze als een baksteen vallen, mark my words, together with all there legal misery and there fake article 230. Because it only protects you partly in the USA.