Cyclists apparently don't help the economy

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
NadirAli
Sucks Fan

Cyclists apparently don't help the economy

Post by NadirAli » Fri May 31, 2019 12:02 am

Sanjay Thakrar, CEO at Euro Exim Bank Ltd. got economists thinking when he said :

A cyclist is a disaster for the country's economy

- He does not buy the car & does not take car loan

- Does not buy car insurance

- Does not buy Fuel

- Does not send his car for servicing & repairs

- Does not use paid Parking

- Does not become Obese

- Yes,.....and well, damn it !! Healthy people are not needed for economy. They do not buy drugs. They do not go to Hospitals & Doctors.

They add nothing to country's GDP.

On the contrary, every new McDonald outlet creates at least 30 jobs - 10 Cardiologists, 10 Dentists, 10 weight loss experts apart from people working in McDonald outlet.

Choose wisely:
A Cyclist or a McDonald ?

sashi
Sucks Critic

Re: Cyclists apparently don't help the economy

Post by sashi » Fri May 31, 2019 11:47 am

A friend of mine (an inveterate cyclist) is getting older and has decided -- at his wife's urging -- to get his French driving license. So far, he's forked over more than €2K to a "driving school." This is a little on the high side: usually the driving skool krew only squeeze a little over €1k out of Everykids' parents.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri May 31, 2019 8:53 pm

sashi wrote:A friend of mine (an inveterate cyclist) is getting older and has decided -- at his wife's urging -- to get his French driving license.

Just curious, do they still make "VSP" microcars? Nasty little things, I gather.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35210572

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Fri May 31, 2019 10:13 pm

ericbarbour wrote:Just curious, do they still make "VSP" microcars? Nasty little things, I gather.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35210572

Oh, probably. There was a place near my apartment that sold them at one point, but I never saw one in the city, except in the show window. (saw one in Brazil once, though. Maybe in Alphaville, too. :D ) Bolloré's bluely cars, on the other hand, which require a licence, do seem to get used in the city.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri May 31, 2019 11:05 pm

You need in Holland a 50 cc moped driver licence, there are no medical restrictions and only allows on local roads. Max 45KM. They are really fun to drive!
I suppose it is in all the EU the same, and there are real kinky models on the marked.

Have a look here.