We have passed 1000 coronavirus deaths....

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

We have passed 1000 coronavirus deaths....

Post by Strelnikov » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:41 am

.....in mainland China.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coro ... index.html

This disease needs a theme, I say it should be "Corona" by The Minutemen.

The people will survive
In their environment
The dirt, scarcity, and the emptiness
Of our South

The injustice of our greed
The practice we inherit
The dirt, scarcity and the emptiness
Of our South

There on the beach
I could see it in her eyes
I only had a Corona
Five cent deposit
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Re: We have passed 1000 coronavirus deaths....

Post by JuiceBeetle » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 pm

That's the official figure.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:41 am

JuiceBeetle wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 pm
That's the official figure.
Abso-friggin'-lutely - we have no idea how many have actually died in "Winnie the Pooh's" middle kingdom. "Social harmoniousness" outstrips giving out the real numbers.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:43 pm

The conspiracy freaks are having multiple cows over what the Chinese did, or might have done. I've seen rants about millions dead and mountains of corpses being burned and thus making air pollution worse globally. Of course the Chinese govt is trying to cover up things, but I don't think it is as horrible as some American "conspies" want to claim.

From THREE WEEKS AGO, all the guff about bat soup and a nonexistent vaccine etc. etc.:
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... ry-942416/

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:19 pm

Disclaimer: I'm not sure how reliable this "China in Focus - NTD" channel is. They have an agenda (a right one), but what they say is reasonable.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:10 pm

Wait.......

Before we get all depressed. Most people survive the virus, and a significant of the people who have died had otherwise died within one year.
The flu in Holland in 2018 till now has caused more victim than corona.
It is about the number of more than usual dead.
And this is something according to our static service what takes a few mounts before there are relabel numbers.

But, it is clear it is a extreem aggressive virus, and also young and strong people after a few day's pas the point of no return sometimes.
In the IC's here in Holland is the situation dramatical at the moment with many young patients.
The top is expected in May, and virologists fear a second pandemic after this one in autumn.

But please let us keep our cool, do what the experts ask from us, and do not panic!
Use your head, stay as much as possible home, keep social distance and wash your hands, but be careful this virus don't determined your whole thinking!

It will pass, I promise you, it will pass.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 am

Vigilant wrote:EVERYBODY NEEDS TO WATCH AND PROCESS THIS VIDEO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J0d59dd-qM

I did Vig. And yes, it is frighten situation special for people who belong to the groups at risk. (male, old, medical issues, overweight, hypertension.)
Yes, a lot of people will die, and also people who not belongs to this group. But epidemics belong to life, just like a car accidents, a war, a heart attack or cancer, plain crashes. Every year lot's of peeps die of the flu in this way . Only now we have no anti body's, that makes it much worser.
You must concur your fear, it is a difficult time, but it is life. Shit happens, make the best out of it, try to turn it in something positive or die.

It will pass and don't forget to live. Because live is now. Because the change you survive is much and much bigger than you will die, even if you belong to the groups at risk....
The change you are hit economical is much and much bigger....

Mortalitas hujus anni, or Incantations to avoid plague of Madam Gender is absolute worth reading to understand this kind of plagues are from all times.
I read about a study in a newspaper why the plague had lasted so long in Holland.
It was because the Dutch merchant didn't want the same messages as the Italian, and that was the reason in Italy the plague made much less victims. They where afraid for there business.

See the parallels with the Trump administration. But you can do yourself of course a lot to follow the advices of the experts, also in America. And sensible people do.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:14 pm

April 3: 2935 deaths just in NYC alone, over 5k in the US. Running about a 5% fatality rate, as some medical authorities predicted weeks ago.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/03/new-yor ... erday.html

And the Trumpies are blaming NYC....
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... e_taps_top

What is corporate America doing? Firing, or oh-dear-excuse-me-"furloughing", millions of employees. Cue breadlines and mass starvation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/03/upsh ... ssion.html

And His Majesty puts his idiot son-in-law in charge of the "recovery effort". Lol. Joke's on all of us....
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/opin ... virus.html
Kushner has succeeded at exactly three things in his life. He was born to the right parents, married well and learned how to influence his father-in-law. Most of his other endeavors — his biggest real estate deal, his foray into newspaper ownership, his attempt to broker a peace deal between the Israelis and the Palestinians — have been failures.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:36 am

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:20 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:14 pm
Running about a 5% fatality rate, as some medical authorities predicted weeks ago.
NEW YORK (as of 11:59 pm, 4/5/20, per Johns Hopkins via Guardian)

DEATHS = 4,159

CONFIRMED CASES = 123,160

4,159 / 123,160 = 3.38%

Virtually all other states have a lower death rate than that.

t