CrowsNest on Reddit

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Abd
Sucks Warrior

CrowsNest on Reddit

Post by Abd » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:21 pm

u/JackTheJiller
(Someone please supply a URL to his Reddit profile, it is difficult for me with an iPhone)

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: CrowsNest on Reddit

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:09 am

https://www.reddit.com/user/jackthejiller

Yeah that's probably him........just once again, don't get into it with any of the Wikiinaction pests. You can't "reason" with them any more than you could "reason" with Essjay or Raul654.....

Here he's tearing into Ira Matetsky. Looks like a rant I'd post. All quite true of course. Although I might add that Wikipedia is the ONLY venue where Ira means a goddamn thing. In real life he's an obscure paper-pusher. His parents were far more famous than he will ever be.
https://www.reddit.com/r/True_WikiInAct ... llibility/

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:55 pm

Wikiinaction has died, all of the moderators are defunct users and some admin has locked submissions. I guess I will have to take over the place, unless you want to, Eric.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:14 am

Strelnikov wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:55 pm
Wikiinaction has died, all of the moderators are defunct users and some admin has locked submissions. I guess I will have to take over the place, unless you want to, Eric.
You might as well. I don't have time right now. There are still some people checking it out regularly so you would have a "captive audience", admittedly tho most of them are pissed off Gamergate types. Poke me if you need occasional support.

This was kind of funny:
[–]JackTheJiller 3 points 1 month ago

So, how do you get approved to submit a post to this place now?

As should be obvious from my one and only thread started here, I'm not one of the of the crazy people, I know my stuff, and the Wikipedians hate me for it, as you would expect from the devoted members of a cult.

Nor am I sort of moron who would choose Wikipediocracy or Sucks! to post my criticisms of Wikipedia, if I can help it.

At this stage Wikipediocracy is essentially run by Wikipedians and Wikipedia apologists, the only obvious exception being Vigilant, and he is not minded to relocate his residency because being the junkyard dog in a junk yard is the sheer limit of his ability. Put him in a place where he has to defend his positions, and he messes his pants and starts acting as crazy as the people he calls crazy, chief among them, the primary target of his ire here.

Sucks! was ruined by that target, Abd, or rather, the insanity of those who thought he could be an effective moderator, and now apparently don't want to take ownership of that mistake and restore balance to the force.

I should like to post scathing criticism of Wikipedia - in recognition of the fact Wikipedia is essentially just a bunch of Wikipedians doing their Wikipedia thing and will simply continue to do so unless or until being a Wikipedian ceases to be classified as a good thing for humanity - stuff that cuts it to its very soul, it is my forte and I am good at it.

The alleged critics of Wikipedia, who have sucked balls for nearly fifteen years now, hate me even more than the Wikipedians, which I was always led to believe, should mean I am preapproved for WIA.

So, to whoever it may concern, make it so.

Oh, and fuck off Vigilant. And Abd. And the Smiths. And MrErnie.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:05 pm

Strelnikov wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:55 pm
I saw the redditrequest. you got a response asking you do certain things. There were prior requests, and the only response was the moderator list. So if you respond, it might work.

The sub had been trashed by hordes of Smith socks. All were throwawy accounts, so total shutdown of submissions was overkill. Yet prior redditreqests were ignored. i requested another abandoned sub and it was granted immediately, in spite of trolls.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:55 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:14 am

This was kind of funny:
[–]JackTheJiller 3 points 1 month ago ]
Sucks! was ruined by that target, Abd, or rather, the insanity of those who thought he could be an effective moderator, and now apparently don't want to take ownership of that mistake and restore balance to the force.
I...
Oh, and fuck off Vigilant. And Abd. And the Smiths. And MrErnie.
If someone wanted to "prove" that CrowsNest was batshit crazy -- even though capable of writing interesting posts when he is not frothing at the mouth over "stupid people" -- they would create an impersonation account like this.

I had created an alternate sub, which I used, for certain purposes, r/WikiInAction_meta, and another user, https://www.reddit.com/user/hezbollottalove/ created True_WikiInAction and see https://www.reddit.com/r/True_WikiInAct ... _on_sucks/
Hezbollottalove, to his credit, first removed the poll, and then closed the topic, but blocked me from responding for two days to posts directly addressing me, as a "final warning" -- but did not explain what i had done. I think it's hilarious.

Nevertheless, CrowsNest continues to rant. Here, in a response to me https://www.reddit.com/r/True_WikiInAct ... y/fvyyxvc/, watch him reveal his profound arrogance, Vigilant on steroids. He really does hate stupidity, and the ultimate stupidity is not surrendering to his brilliance.

A surprising result of the Reddit wrangling is that GenderDesk (or her evil twin) showed up to attack, with a pile of idiocies, such as considering me suspect because I knew the age of consent in Massachusetts. It seemed not to have occurred to her that as a perent who had a 15-year-old daughter with a 19-year old boyfriend, I needed to know. I was surprised to see this from her, but my theory is that the topic of "pedophilia" makes her incapable of rational thought. And the Smiths and Vigilant accused me over that, repeatedly, and I saw her shift when a Smith pointed to misleading evidence. She believed it.

Graaf Statler showed up, too, being nice.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:19 am

Sometimes I wonder if Vigilant isn't just another Oliver Smith sock.....

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:42 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:19 am
Sometimes I wonder if Vigilant isn't just another Oliver Smith sock.....
Yes, you do, but Oliver Smith is quite recognizable, and only like Vigilant in hatred. The creator of impersonation socks and most trollsocks is the twin brother, Darryl Smith, but I have never seen a long term impersonation. He did claim to have Wikipedia sleepers in good standing. I think I've seen one, but haven't documented it, because research became difficult with the stroke, and few care, so why should I bother? I did enough to be certain about Darryl, at least in round outlines.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:34 pm

Abd wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:42 pm
and few care, so why should I bother?
That's the golden ticket here. The millennial/Gen Z/whatever crowd loves Wikipedia with great blindness. Criticism is for older people who know better.

Wikipedia is the Instagram or the Tiktok of encyclopedias. Well socked with madness and lies.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:32 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:34 pm
Abd wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:42 pm
and few care, so why should I bother?
That's the golden ticket here. The millennial/Gen Z/whatever crowd loves Wikipedia with great blindness. Criticism is for older people who know better.

Wikipedia is the Instagram or the Tiktok of encyclopedias. Well socked with madness and lies.
The toxic fraction of wiki critique has extreme disrespect for age and experience, the opposite of functional society. A favorite response of Vigilant to a long post with detailed evidence, several screens worth, was to quote it all with only "tl;dr" at the end, thus creating more screens, now irrelevant, as if it mattered what he read. A sincere TLDR comment would invite a summarization, but that was not sincere, it was trolling. Otherwise it is normally irrelevant what an individual did not read, and if a "didn't read" note was relevant, consideration for the readers would require leaving the quote information, but deleting all or most of the quoted text. But trolling is almost the norm on Wikipediocracy.

It is a spectator sport, for an audience that enjoys flame wars and "clever insult." The hell with truth and honesty. The results are predictable.

There is behavior like this on Wikipedia, commonly escaping sanction if the gross incivility is by an administrator or is pushing a position supported by admins.