Twitter is run by scripts and 'bots.

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Twitter is run by scripts and 'bots.

Post by Strelnikov » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:01 pm

I just got a six-day suspension for this:

Radio Godzilla
@RadioGodzilla
@chiweethedog @realDonaldTrump Limbaugh will be dead of cancer soon.
Nov 24, 2020, 6:41 AM

They claimed I was making a death threat, and when Twitter doesn't like what you say, they make you delete the post.

Anybody who isn't living under a rock knows that Rush Limbaugh has terminal lung cancer, he announced it early in October, we are at the end of November, thus "he will be dead of cancer soon."

We are warping reality for the benefit of bits of software.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Re: Twitter is run by scripts and 'bots.

Post by Strelnikov » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:38 am

Then I got this by email:

[Twitter Logo]

Hello,

Our support team has reviewed your account and it appears we made an error. We’ve determined there was no violation and have restored your account to full functionality.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate you taking the time to submit your appeal request to us.

Thanks,
Twitter

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:59 am

:lol: They would say that.....remember, everything posted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. is being scanned by obscenely-complicated software. And it makes a LOT of stupid mistakes. Human moderators aren't involved until you raise hell.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:14 am

Perfect example:
this

https://drrollergator.substack.com/p/tw ... -politburo

leads to this
dorseylol.jpg
dorseylol.jpg (30.41 KiB) Viewed 3998 times
As somebody said about this photo on Facebook:
dorseylol2.png
dorseylol2.png (34.67 KiB) Viewed 3998 times

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:08 am

an update, albeit a useless one:

The account ihatewikipedia, which I opened in 2014, was little used. Even offered to let some other WP critics and interested people use it. They posted little or nothing anyway.

Doesn't matter--it was BANNNNNNED some time in the past couple of months, for no apparent reason. I wonder if WP fanboys, or maybe Wales himself, talked them into purging the accounts that criticized WP. We will probably never know.

The "Twitter Rules" are ever changing and ever undefined. What they officially publish is vague enough to allow all kinds of abuse.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:37 pm

I asked one of the Twitter corporate accounts why @ihatewikipedia was zapped. No response.

Twitter is a very poorly-run website with a declining userbase, too many scripts and corporate accounts running through it, and yet the media treates it like it is still in the heyday of 2009-2015, because Tweets are easy to harvest. Lindsay Ellis'* experiences on that site should warn any neophytes to stay away from it:

* You can hate Ellis for any number of reasons, but she should be heard, thanks to how long she was on Twitter. People on the English-language Internet who are constantly trying to get angry from things written online would probably have a hate orgasm and die from all the racist stuff written on Hungarian--language websites or the "Runet" (Russian internet); all the nasty things said about escaped Syrians, the Roma, the Russian "blackass" (Central Asians, Caucuses, etc.) commentary and so on. Twitter dinks have not yet begun to see how vile it truly can get.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:27 am

I don't hate her--actually she's a funny and clever monologist. But her asscanning by Dorsey's Mighty Shitter is very commonplace and happens routinely. As if they don't want actual intelligent people to be seen by their pathetic "community". It's not for "discussion"--it's for losers to shit on winners.

Please allow me (again) to post the first three things I EVER put on Twitter, back in 2009:
metasonixfirsttweets.jpeg
metasonixfirsttweets.jpeg (22.65 KiB) Viewed 3052 times