Adam Curtis is back.....

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Adam Curtis is back.....

Post by Strelnikov » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:00 am

https://thoughtmaybe.com/cant-get-you-out-of-my-head/

Six film series I Can't Get You Out Of My Head on how the world has come to be under the death-grip of a computerized neoliberalism. Mentions Jiang Qing ( birthname Li Shumeng 李淑蒙) of the Cultural Revolution's cultural output and also the Gang of Four and why she was like she was, Afeni Shakur (mother of Tupac Shakur) and the Black Panthers, the collapse of the gold standard, the opening of China under "Tricky Dick" Nixon, etc. Mr. Barbour will like the last film because it mentions Google and how it went from being an information storehouse online to being a surveillance system for adverting 'bots. You can't get these films in the US, they are only on the BBC's iPlayer rigged for Britain, the first three films are on YouTube.

The trailer.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Adam Curtis is back.....

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:47 am

thanks, although the way the BBC locks down its content, I might have to DL a gigantic torrent, of which there is only one available. Or wait for a US streaming channel to carry it (which may take years, or might never happen at all)....

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Re: Adam Curtis is back.....

Post by Strelnikov » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:33 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:47 am
thanks, although the way the BBC locks down its content, I might have to DL a gigantic torrent, of which there is only one available. Or wait for a US streaming channel to carry it (which may take years, or might never happen at all)....
The link at the top of the first post has all the videos somehow.

....Or wait for a US streaming channel to carry it (which may take years, or might never happen at all)....

The subliterate morons who do any streaming media in America will never carry it. You have to pirate anything worthwhile because of how dumb these "cultural managers" truly are.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.