Blog post: Three Years of Dead Larouche....

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Blog post: Three Years of Dead Larouche....

Post by Strelnikov » Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:05 am

http://wikipedia-sucks-badly.blogspot.c ... -died.html

Just a collection of links, writings and video of LaRouche denouncing Christian Rock.

Send the URL to Daniel Platt/Herschelkrustofsky, I want to see him respond.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Blog post: Three Years of Dead Larouche....

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:02 am

Strelnikov wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:05 am
Send the URL to Daniel Platt/Herschelkrustofsky, I want to see him respond.
Tried a while ago, no response. Apparently I really pissed him off some years ago. Shame on me. Perhaps my evil rubbed off on you and he's ignoring you as well.

Seriously, LaRouche was an impossibly wacky figure. A literal character from MAD magazine come to life. Your summary on the blog covers it well. Thanks.

I WILL post this around on Facebook.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:18 pm

I should talk about "The O" in the addendum post. This was a secretive cult of personality run by Theo Smith in the aftermath of some mid-1970s co-op wars in the Twin Cities area in Minnesota. Everybody had code names, few people after the 1980s knew who Theophilus Smith was (and he communicated to people by memo), people thought they were part of the Black Panthers or SNCC, etc. T. Smith "vanished" for a year with no warning or explanation afterward; he was in jail for manslaughter.

Video of two ex-members: http://www.radicalrootsfilm.com/blog-1/ ... -to-farts-

The inevitable Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_O_(political_group)
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:44 pm

Strelnikov wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:18 pm
I should talk about "The O" in the addendum post. The inevitable Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_O_(political_group)
Yes, please write them up. You could make a career writing one book after another about the oceans of insanity that came out of the "hippie underground". When the shit hit the fan (or when the leaders finally lost any grip on reality and started believing their own propaganda or what have you), such groups often became more paranoid, more violent and more disgusting than the Vietnam-era American "mainstream".

If you wanted to be "nasty" about it you could put LaRouche in that boat. A leftist who became increasingly politically incoherent. Plus paranoia--always ALWAYS have to pile on the paranoia. Never forget the paranoid Cool Whip topping.

The LaRouche PAC website is still there. Now it's ranting that Biden and Trudeau are "taking orders" from the British crown, and the Ukraine invasion was "arranged" by the British and the "Washington madmen", against the "Nazi-dominated vassal forces in Ukraine". Wheeee.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:47 pm

After his death Larouche PAC has gone from an $8 million dollar a year "business" to a $1.8 million dollar a year "business." There is lots of money to be made spewing out useless (but convincing) rhetoric (see Wikipedia).

Some of his talking points on "Energy Flux Density" might be proved to be correct. Of course he was talking the talk of others such as Buckminster Fuller, who realized that human activity took off like a hockey-stick due to the "energy flux density" of coal and the steam engine.

Which leads me to another observation.. What happens if Putin goes "Master Blaster" and turns off the natural gas valve for Europe's Thunder dome off.

Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."