My misadventures at PCSX2 discord

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
User avatar
eltomas2003
Sucks Fan
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:16 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 11 times

My misadventures at PCSX2 discord

Post by eltomas2003 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:54 am

tried to be polite and wanted them to advocate for better mobility and against the degeneracy of social media, this was the overall reception they had towards me. Toxic or not? I think you can decide for yourself.
https://imgur.com/gallery/gwTnLtS

User avatar
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin
Posts: 3586
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am
Has thanked: 567 times
Been thanked: 967 times

Re: My misadventures at PCSX2 discord

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:03 am

I could have told you--this would be a waste of time. DIscord is no different from WP or Reddit. Run by tiny dictators who are probably crazier than you. The result is totally predictable.

User avatar
wexter
Sucks Critic
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:18 pm
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: My misadventures at PCSX2 discord

Post by wexter » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:23 pm

eltomas2003 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:54 am
tried to be polite and wanted them to advocate for better mobility and against the degeneracy of social media, this was the overall reception they had towards me. Toxic or not? I think you can decide for yourself.
https://imgur.com/gallery/gwTnLtS

Having the "ability to effect change" by chatting on social media seems to be a common misconception these days.


Things are to be learned on Social Media - Here (on Wikipedia Sucks) you will gleam a better understanding of Wikipedia (more so than actually participating on Wikipedia itself). But you are not going to drive a change of any kind.

Wikipedia could be "put out of business" in one day via Section 230 reform but that's not going to happen. Wikipedia will be less important over time; see AOL.

If you want to be "personal about something" understand that no matter how poorly things work today they will work worse tomorrow. There has been no critical thinking or strategic planning for decades (not in the US, Europe, or the hybrid-command economy that is the CCP)

Some examples of things "working less well" that I see or have gleaned first-hand or by talking to folks
--The Air-force has not trained enough pilots to feed the airline industry
--There won't be enough replacement doctors in two years
--You cannot get a $15 air-conditioner part - it's made in china
--Your 2022 car is too complex to repair - they get a code but there are too many wire harnesses and not enough workers
--Inflation is high but wages of "young folks" are static, and the economy is bifurcated between high-earners and proles.
--China is not new and shiny - its an economic disaster
--Europe is about to get b-slapped in the winter
--Integrated supply chains, that is a story that is over - but nobody wants to accept that fact.


Actual things that you rely upon work less well than they did yesterday and they will work less well in the future.
The idea is to transcend any dislocations as best you can.

Talk (is just that) it does not amount to anything.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” Asimov

User avatar
eltomas2003
Sucks Fan
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:16 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: My misadventures at PCSX2 discord

Post by eltomas2003 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:30 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:03 am
I could have told you--this would be a waste of time. DIscord is no different from WP or Reddit. Run by tiny dictators who are probably crazier than you. The result is totally predictable.
Why were Jordan and Luana so rude to me and crooned at my demise?
To make matters worse:
https://imgur.com/gallery/8oM1X4R
I have no chance now because they said they don't need me.

User avatar
eltomas2003
Sucks Fan
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:16 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: My misadventures at PCSX2 discord

Post by eltomas2003 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:31 pm

wexter wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:23 pm
eltomas2003 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:54 am
tried to be polite and wanted them to advocate for better mobility and against the degeneracy of social media, this was the overall reception they had towards me. Toxic or not? I think you can decide for yourself.
https://imgur.com/gallery/gwTnLtS

Having the "ability to effect change" by chatting on social media seems to be a common misconception these days.


Things are to be learned on Social Media - Here (on Wikipedia Sucks) you will gleam a better understanding of Wikipedia (more so than actually participating on Wikipedia itself). But you are not going to drive a change of any kind.

Wikipedia could be "put out of business" in one day via Section 230 reform but that's not going to happen. Wikipedia will be less important over time; see AOL.

If you want to be "personal about something" understand that no matter how poorly things work today they will work worse tomorrow. There has been no critical thinking or strategic planning for decades (not in the US, Europe, or the hybrid-command economy that is the CCP)

Some examples of things "working less well" that I see or have gleaned first-hand or by talking to folks
--The Air-force has not trained enough pilots to feed the airline industry
--There won't be enough replacement doctors in two years
--You cannot get a $15 air-conditioner part - it's made in china
--Your 2022 car is too complex to repair - they get a code but there are too many wire harnesses and not enough workers
--Inflation is high but wages of "young folks" are static, and the economy is bifurcated between high-earners and proles.
--China is not new and shiny - its an economic disaster
--Europe is about to get b-slapped in the winter
--Integrated supply chains, that is a story that is over - but nobody wants to accept that fact.


Actual things that you rely upon work less well than they did yesterday and they will work less well in the future.
The idea is to transcend any dislocations as best you can.

Talk (is just that) it does not amount to anything.
Then, what will replace Wikipedia?

User avatar
wexter
Sucks Critic
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:18 pm
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: My misadventures at PCSX2 discord

Post by wexter » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:07 am

eltomas2003 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:31 pm


Then, what will replace Wikipedia?

What will replace Wikipedia;

If things don't work very well now and things will work less well in the future what becomes important?
-Earning enough money to buy food, housing, healthcare, and transportation
-Having access to the things which you take for granted today
In that context, Wikipedia will be of little importance

What will replace Wikipedia as ENTERTAINMENT (or has replaced Wikipedia to some extent already).
Something even more mindless and banal than Wikipedia; something short and repetitive.

Here is an example --- A Very fat "self proclaimed glamorous" chick that gets out of breath singing live, touting designer sneakers on heels made especially for fat chicks, looking to get laid by men or women; being emulated by young chicks (and incels that want to be chicks) waiving their tits and booties - for that fat bitch lust. (is that fat shaming) Yeah, stuff like that is replacing Wikipedia.




If you die from obesity is it "death by misadventure?"

Image
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” Asimov

User avatar
eltomas2003
Sucks Fan
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:16 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: My misadventures at PCSX2 discord

Post by eltomas2003 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:47 pm

wexter wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:07 am
eltomas2003 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:31 pm


Then, what will replace Wikipedia?

What will replace Wikipedia;

If things don't work very well now and things will work less well in the future what becomes important?
-Earning enough money to buy food, housing, healthcare, and transportation
-Having access to the things which you take for granted today
In that context, Wikipedia will be of little importance

What will replace Wikipedia as ENTERTAINMENT (or has replaced Wikipedia to some extent already).
Something even more mindless and banal than Wikipedia; something short and repetitive.

Here is an example --- A Very fat "self proclaimed glamorous" chick that gets out of breath singing live, touting designer sneakers on heels made especially for fat chicks, looking to get laid by men or women; being emulated by young chicks (and incels that want to be chicks) waiving their tits and booties - for that fat bitch lust. (is that fat shaming) Yeah, stuff like that is replacing Wikipedia.




If you die from obesity is it "death by misadventure?"

Image
Then how can we make the world smart again?

User avatar
eltomas2003
Sucks Fan
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:16 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: My misadventures at PCSX2 discord

Post by eltomas2003 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:52 pm

wexter wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:23 pm
eltomas2003 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:54 am
tried to be polite and wanted them to advocate for better mobility and against the degeneracy of social media, this was the overall reception they had towards me. Toxic or not? I think you can decide for yourself.
https://imgur.com/gallery/gwTnLtS

Having the "ability to effect change" by chatting on social media seems to be a common misconception these days.


Things are to be learned on Social Media - Here (on Wikipedia Sucks) you will gleam a better understanding of Wikipedia (more so than actually participating on Wikipedia itself). But you are not going to drive a change of any kind.

Wikipedia could be "put out of business" in one day via Section 230 reform but that's not going to happen. Wikipedia will be less important over time; see AOL.

If you want to be "personal about something" understand that no matter how poorly things work today they will work worse tomorrow. There has been no critical thinking or strategic planning for decades (not in the US, Europe, or the hybrid-command economy that is the CCP)

Some examples of things "working less well" that I see or have gleaned first-hand or by talking to folks
--The Air-force has not trained enough pilots to feed the airline industry
--There won't be enough replacement doctors in two years
--You cannot get a $15 air-conditioner part - it's made in china
--Your 2022 car is too complex to repair - they get a code but there are too many wire harnesses and not enough workers
--Inflation is high but wages of "young folks" are static, and the economy is bifurcated between high-earners and proles.
--China is not new and shiny - its an economic disaster
--Europe is about to get b-slapped in the winter
--Integrated supply chains, that is a story that is over - but nobody wants to accept that fact.


Actual things that you rely upon work less well than they did yesterday and they will work less well in the future.
The idea is to transcend any dislocations as best you can.

Talk (is just that) it does not amount to anything.
Then how can we reverse our path of destruction?

User avatar
wexter
Sucks Critic
Posts: 381
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:18 pm
Has thanked: 161 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: My misadventures at PCSX2 discord

Post by wexter » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:35 pm

Then how can we reverse our path of destruction?

I would call it a "dislocation" or "major adjustment" in the US things will continue to work "less well" for other countries the outlook is bleaker. The world will still be here after any kind of dislocation.


There are some major crosscurrents

Nationalism - China is totally dependent on external inputs - Russia can live a 1970's existence on a stand alone basis
Populism - Clouds thinking in the US; we can be independent at a lower level much the way Russia can
"Arab Spring redux" - The countries that are totally dependent on external inputs are the most vulnerable - revolts will happen for lack of life support. These countries will wind up in a failed economic state.

I don't know which way the "dislocation will break" - we will wind up in a lower economic state or a higher economic state. My guess it depends on energy density and labor availability-allocation.

How much energy would be available if technology kicks in?

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/pr ... usion.html
https://news.mit.edu/2022/quaise-energy-geothermal-0628

All sorts of "technological stuff" is going on in the background we don't know about. A "technological fix" does not seem to be readily available at this time.

Or alternately things might reorganize into doing more with less. Addressing major problems does not seem to be something we are capable of at the moment.

It's about damn time we get our act together is just as likely as Lizzo right-sizing herself. Why would LIzzo drop the poundage if she thinks she is a glamorous beauty queen?


For individuals this is going to be a challenging time, and I am surprised we are on the cusp of radical change.
But then again my grandparents described life during the great depression and WWII.

Demographically, It's very disadvantageous to have a country where the majority of people have college-university degrees. Also to have less young folks replacing old folks. There is lots of magical thinking to overcome, and that magical thinking is setting policy. Magical thinking is very entrenched https://www.britannica.com/science/magi ... 20thinking

PS Quaise wrote its own Wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaise
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” Asimov

User avatar
eltomas2003
Sucks Fan
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:16 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: My misadventures at PCSX2 discord

Post by eltomas2003 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:03 pm

wexter wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:35 pm
Nationalism - China is totally dependent on external inputs - Russia can live a 1970's existence on a stand alone basis
China is basically the asian russia and the wannabe america. The coastal regions of the east are pretty populated, it's only when you go out of the cities when the infastructure stops being very adequate. China only developed because Xi Jingping advocated for western capitalism and investment through manufacturing.

Post Reply