Re: Should Humanity go extinct?

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
User avatar
badmachine
Sucker
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:55 am
Has thanked: 611 times
Been thanked: 273 times
Contact:

Re: Should Humanity go extinct?

Post by badmachine » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:20 am

(removed by Sucks)
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin
Posts: 4735
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am
Location: The ass-tral plane
Has thanked: 1192 times
Been thanked: 1918 times

Re: Should Humanity go extinct?

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:57 am

Perhaps I should post stupid memes here.

User avatar
badmachine
Sucker
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:55 am
Has thanked: 611 times
Been thanked: 273 times
Contact:

Re: Should Humanity go extinct?

Post by badmachine » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:26 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:57 am
Perhaps I should post stupid memes here.
jesus-christ-thumbs-up.jpg
jesus-christ-thumbs-up.jpg (17.17 KiB) Viewed 1552 times
yes. :^)

User avatar
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin
Posts: 4735
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am
Location: The ass-tral plane
Has thanked: 1192 times
Been thanked: 1918 times

Re: Should Humanity go extinct?

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:35 am

op-will-deliverwe.png
op-will-deliverwe.png (202.41 KiB) Viewed 1545 times

SkepticalHistorian
Sucks Fan
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 4:00 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Should Humanity go extinct?

Post by SkepticalHistorian » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:57 pm

I’ve been a doomer since 1973, read “The Population Bomb” (my mom bought the book) and “Limits to Growth.” Extinction will come from overpopulation, peak oil and pollution (climate change).

Don’t believe there are other planets with intelligent life. Earth is unique. Read this book too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Eart ... e_Universe

User avatar
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin
Posts: 4735
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am
Location: The ass-tral plane
Has thanked: 1192 times
Been thanked: 1918 times

Re: Should Humanity go extinct?

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:17 am

what do you want me to deliver then?
I'm the LAST person who would argue with you about the miserable, petty truth of humanity. Exploiting resources until exhausted, organized religion, political madness, corruption, greed, stupidity. We nailed every item on the list already.

Also I think that "Rare Earth" book is silly. Just like the old "Drake equation" and all sorts of science fiction--we don't know anything about other life-bearing worlds because they're too far away. The "experts" make all kinds of assumptions, and proceed to "invent" things they can't prove or see. Until our rotten little species finally figures out how to send probes to other solar systems, the best we can get is better space telescopes. And that ain't much. Any earthlike planets are very tiny things scattered in a vast galaxy.

Star Trek is a hokey fairy tale, but it won't prevent me from posting this.
universe.jpg
universe.jpg (69.73 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

SkepticalHistorian
Sucks Fan
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 4:00 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Should Humanity go extinct?

Post by SkepticalHistorian » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:12 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:17 am
what do you want me to deliver then?
I'm the LAST person who would argue with you about the miserable, petty truth of humanity. Exploiting resources until exhausted, organized religion, political madness, corruption, greed, stupidity. We nailed every item on the list already.

Also I think that "Rare Earth" book is silly. Just like the old "Drake equation" and all sorts of science fiction--we don't know anything about other life-bearing worlds because they're too far away. The "experts" make all kinds of assumptions, and proceed to "invent" things they can't prove or see. Until our rotten little species finally figures out how to send probes to other solar systems, the best we can get is better space telescopes. And that ain't much. Any earthlike planets are very tiny things scattered in a vast galaxy.

Star Trek is a hokey fairy tale, but it won't prevent me from posting this.
universe.jpg
A rational religion would respect/ appreciate this planet, the plutocrats with their World Wars plundered/ sacrificed Earth (and killed JFK) for money.
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
badmachine
Sucker
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:55 am
Has thanked: 611 times
Been thanked: 273 times
Contact:

Re: Should Humanity go extinct?

Post by badmachine » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:06 pm

When we're gone, no other species on earth is going to miss us, what is the point of our very existence then?
To seek and serve God.
Why are we so hypocritical [...]
got a frog in your pocket? find truth, know truth, then act on truth. no hypocrisy involved. again, we can't usually change what is around us but we can change/improve ourselves and hopefully find a purpose there.
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bbb23sucks
Sucker
Posts: 1389
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:08 am
Location: The Astral Plane
Has thanked: 1439 times
Been thanked: 290 times

Re: Should Humanity go extinct?

Post by Bbb23sucks » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:58 am

SkepticalHistorian wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:57 pm
I’ve been a doomer since 1973, read “The Population Bomb” (my mom bought the book) and “Limits to Growth.” Extinction will come from overpopulation, peak oil and pollution (climate change).

Don’t believe there are other planets with intelligent life. Earth is unique. Read this book too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Eart ... e_Universe
Overpopulation is a MYTH. We were supposed to peak at 14 billion (or higher!) people, then they revised down to 12 billion, then 11, now 10.4. They may soon revise it down even lower. Atmospheric pollution is currently the lowest in decades in most developed countries and global pollution is staying about even. We won't reach peak oil. Period. Other pollution (such as PFAS, lead, and Mercury) also continues to go down rapidly.

Sources:
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

SkepticalHistorian
Sucks Fan
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 4:00 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Should Humanity go extinct?

Post by SkepticalHistorian » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:53 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:58 am
SkepticalHistorian wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:57 pm
I’ve been a doomer since 1973, read “The Population Bomb” (my mom bought the book) and “Limits to Growth.” Extinction will come from overpopulation, peak oil and pollution (climate change).

Don’t believe there are other planets with intelligent life. Earth is unique. Read this book too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Eart ... e_Universe
Overpopulation is a MYTH. We were supposed to peak at 14 billion (or higher!) people, then they revised down to 12 billion, then 11, now 10.4. They may soon revise it down even lower. Atmospheric pollution is currently the lowest in decades in most developed countries and global pollution is staying about even. We won't reach peak oil. Period. Other pollution (such as PFAS, lead, and Mercury) also continues to go down rapidly.

Sources:
Lol, that’s easy for you to say but life we’re living is unsustainable, the planet is overpopulated… where do you live? No one wants to live in west Texas, cities are like anthills.

Post Reply