New blog post on San Diego State U. and how it is falling apart

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

New blog post on San Diego State U. and how it is falling apart

Post by Strelnikov » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:57 am

https://wikipedia-sucks-badly.blogspot. ... s-not.html

The subreddit on SDSU* did not like this one, even though the facts are there if you can look at the campus; the library is in poor physical shape and still lacks earthquake retrofitting even though the school is near a fault, the Life Sciences complex is kind of a mess, they charge for everything (including stuff that should be for free.) I didn't mention that SDSU President Adela de la Torre now makes nearly half a million a year and lives for free in a house in La Jolla (all of the SDSU Presidents have lived there during their tenures for the last few decades) actually the house is in a gated community nearby the campus, and they actually bought de la Torre a new one in 2018, before she showed up.

*Example of the nonsense:

MaelstromTempest
·
10 hr. ago
Honestly really poor journalism. While it does point out some legitimate issues regarding the need for library funding, the article reeks of resentment and grandstanding. It adds nothing to these discussions except speculation and hearsay with evidence being anecdotal at best. Overall writing is very bad. Never would have flown in an RWS 100 class that’s for sure haha.

6 upvotes

GhostofHeywood12
OP
·
9 hr. ago
I was quoting SDSU professor Peter Herman on the library, you were too lazy to click the links.

-4 downvotes

MaelstromTempest
·
2 hr. ago
And I pointed out that the issue about the library was about the only legitimate claim made in the article.

3 upvotes

GhostofHeywood12
OP
·
2 hr. ago
What about Life Science North? They want to completely replace it, and it is the newer part of the Life Sciences complex. That was mentioned. I didn't mention that the SDSU president now makes about a half-million dollars, and lives rent-free in a gated estate near the college. links in original

-1 downvote

MaelstromTempest
·
1 hr. ago
What about the life sciences building? The article says that it’s an old beat up building, so I guess it should be replaced then? But it doesn’t matter because as you say funding hasn’t been secured so I’m not even sure why that was a point. Is the article for or against it? Who knows, because the writing is god awful. And yes, the SDSU president’s salary is a matter of public record, as well as her housing allowance and the house the university purchased for her. So what? Such arrangements are common throughout various organizations, whether they be public, private, or non-profit. There are absolutely criticisms about the current SDSU president, but again, the reader wouldn’t know about it because of how low level the journalism is.

1 vote

GhostofHeywood12
OP
·
2 hr. ago
Voting me down will not change that.

-3 downvotes

https://www.reddit.com/r/SDSU/comments/ ... ego_state/
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: New blog post on San Diego State U. and how it is falling apart

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:46 am

A: thanks, good post

and

b: SOCKPUPPETS. Supported by brainless SDSU alumni.

That subreddit is almost abandoned. It's embarrassing. Maybe you should post more scandal and rumors, anything you want. Obviously almost no one will see it, or the stupid rah-rah-State-Forever crap. Maybe this is a good place to stir up shit.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:52 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:46 am
A: thanks, good post

and

b: SOCKPUPPETS. Supported by brainless SDSU alumni.

That subreddit is almost abandoned. It's embarrassing. Maybe you should post more scandal and rumors, anything you want. Obviously almost no one will see it, or the stupid rah-rah-State-Forever crap. Maybe this is a good place to stir up shit.
They (Sud-Soo students) use the place to ask questions/make comments about classes when the Spring and Fall semesters are going. This (and late December, most of January) is the dead time feared by nobody but college administrators, because they can't charge students for things. I'm writing an addendum to the post, mentioning all the Amelia Bedilia de la Torre info, plus more (everybody but the professors got a big raise last year for no real reason, administrators keep growing even though there isn't enough to administrate, etc.) Plus the sad, splintered world of the post-Trump SDSU GOP because I'm the only one who knows about it.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:04 pm

As you well know, tertiary education in this country have gone on a greed bender. And public universities are even greedier than the private ones: they raised their fees faster.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-c ... iversities

This did not happen because the COST of providing that education has risen faster than inflation. It has happened because top management of the schools is dominated by self-centered baby boomers who cheerfully increased their OWN salaries. While cutting back on services and facilities, replacing tenured professors with temp instructors, and pulling other dirty tricks to decrease costs and keep enrollment up. But now that's starting to fail, finally, because you can bleed that stone only so much, before it gives up on a college education.

SDSU's problems are a good example of this crap. Of course there are sockpuppets on Reddit watching for critiques of SDSU management. Wikipedia too. Have a look.
https://xtools.wmcloud.org/articleinfo/ ... University
Chances are excellent that accounts like "Uwatch310" and "Azure1233" are being paid by someone to quietly control SDSU content.

"Dayflowers" is an Aztecs fan--you can thank him for the massive pile of crap in the SDSU article about the team's bloody sports mascot. Useless information but dead typical for Wikipedia.

"Nehrams2020" looks like a paid editor happy-smiley sanitizing anything to do with San Diego. And so it goes.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:47 am

An addendum on the last post: https://wikipedia-sucks-badly.blogspot. ... -fkin.html

All of the stuff I said I would cover, and of course posted to the SDSU subreddit.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:19 pm

Strelnikov wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:47 am
An addendum on the last post: https://wikipedia-sucks-badly.blogspot. ... -fkin.html

All of the stuff I said I would cover, and of course posted to the SDSU subreddit.
And remember: this is a tax-supported state university. Those bloody people are literally being paid MORE than the governor of California and all of the state's top management. To do what? Push paper and make real-estate deals? Fire tenured professors to save even more money?

https://www.calhr.ca.gov/cccc/pages/cccc-salaries.aspx

And speaking of the College Republicans:
https://www.leadershipinstitute.org/news/?NR=15731

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

[BLOG POST] 5505 Lindo Paseo, SDSU's "hidden" Fraternity disaster zone

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:47 am

"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.