The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Cla68
Sucks

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Post by Cla68 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:59 pm

Just to be clear up front, although I usually vote libertarian, I voted for Trump in 2016, 2020, and plan to do so again next year. I think he's got some major issues, but I support him because it's obvious that the marxo-fascist, globaltarian establishment is desperate to keep him from becoming president again and that tells me that he's the right guy for the moment.

The biggest issue he has is that he constantly hires people to work for him who don't believe in his agenda, want to use him to further their own interests, and undermine him at every turn. I've read a few books about his first term penned by insiders, and they lament that when he became president, instead of filling all of his key staff positions with the core members from his campaign, he took on scores of establishment Republican/RNC stooges and neocons who then proceeded to try and torpedo everything he was trying to get done. The amazing thing in spite of all that is that his foreign policy worked surprisingly well (compare his with how well Biden's is doing right now), the economy was humming along (until Covid), and some of his domestic programs were starting to make some progress, such as slowing illegal immigration.

Some of the hatred that comes his way from Democrat politicians IS personal. Remember about a year into his term congressional Democrats had a big boondoggle European junket planned for themselves and their top staff members. Trump said no on using the executive airplane fleet at the last minute, leaving Pelosi, Schumer, and many other Democratic leaders sitting on the buses with their luggage at the capital building.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:28 am

Cla68 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:59 pm
Remember about a year into his term congressional Democrats had a big boondoggle European junket planned for themselves and their top staff members. Trump said no on using the executive airplane fleet at the last minute, leaving Pelosi, Schumer, and many other Democratic leaders sitting on the buses with their luggage at the capital building.
that was hilarious. my favorite thing about his admin was when a HUD official moved into NYCHA housing. a bold move that was harshly punished, meanwhile NYCHA and HUD remain just as ueless as before.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:28 pm

badmachine wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:28 am
that was hilarious. my favorite thing about his admin was when a HUD official moved into NYCHA housing. a bold move that was harshly punished, meanwhile NYCHA and HUD remain just as ueless as before.
That reminds me of this NYCHA story....must be desperate if they're ripping heating systems out of public housing, and replacing with window heat pumps made by a Chinese company....or were the correct bribes paid?
https://www.theverge.com/23951214/heat- ... ustainable
Last edited by ericbarbour on Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:01 pm

very sad that theyre experimenting on the poor again :shrug:

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:09 pm

Biden is frustrated by his public standing, frequently complaining about his low poll numbers in private conversations with aides. In one meeting shortly before Thanksgiving, he demanded to know what his team and his campaign staff were doing about it. The low approval ratings have persisted despite a humming economy, as the country added 216,000 jobs in December.
Just before year’s end, Biden’s rating tied his record low, with 38 percent approving his performance and 58 percent disapproving, according to a Washington Post average of 17 polls in November and December. Voters, including a majority of Democrats, say they are particularly concerned about Biden’s age and consistently rank it as a bigger problem for the president, 81, than for Trump, 77.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... aign-2024/
https://archive.is/6L1ZX#selection-1031.9-1045.392

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:10 pm

I fail to see how running an 81 year old is a good faith bid to save democracy.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:12 pm

journo wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:10 pm
I fail to see how running an 81 year old is a good faith bid to save democracy.
"Democracy" is when you have one candidate, no representation, and force the rest of the world to follow "democracy" or we'll obliterate your country. It's a liberal "dogwhistle" (I usually hate that term, but it works here).
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:19 pm

Conservatives are sharing leaked video of speaker Pelosi's daughter ranting about how it's not clear a true insurrection attempt happened. https://twitter.com/LoriMills4CA42/stat ... 1301627390. She still thinks there should be a court case about it regardless. They did heavily edit it so it might not reflect her opinions properly. Participants are also goading her to have certain opinions in the room.

The allegations of insurrection are definitely not clear cut. Pelosi's daughter seems to say that any Washington DC based court case could turn out poorly due to Trump's lasting political connections in Washington. She also wants as many court dates to be before the election.

It seemed to me like a riot turned into a less than half-hearted insurrection attempt. Dunno how that will play out in court.

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:41 pm

Cla68 wrote:
Just to be clear up front, although I usually vote libertarian, I voted for Trump in 2016, 2020, and plan to do so again next year.
I didn't vote last year and have never voted Democrat or Republican, but I'm not thrilled by Trump having refused the election results. Yea there's issues with voting integrity, especially DREs. But I don't think Trump's refusal had much to do with DREs and more the fact that Republicans have lost the last 8/9 popular votes, combined with his growing authoritarianism.

As BBB32sucks was implying, the Dems aren't small-d democratic either. But at they least the accept defeat gracefully, which is 1 more component of democracy than what I'm seeing from the "Trump for God Emporer Side"

I'm happy to be proven wrong and given a reason why I should vote for Trump. I had a very bizarre 4 years during his term including an actual IRL sex life, great investment performance, a platform, and a much larger network of websites I owned. Trump's term was super liberal in a lot of ways. A lot more seemed possible.

Went briefly into pro-trump forums to ask why people are voting for him and what the point is. Was extremely dissapointed by what I saw.

I'll most likely not vote. Or I might vote Democrat for the first time as I think his mean-streak side goes too far and contributes too much to the confidence of sociopaths who see that as a green light.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:50 pm

journo wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:41 pm
Cla68 wrote:
Just to be clear up front, although I usually vote libertarian, I voted for Trump in 2016, 2020, and plan to do so again next year.
I didn't vote last year and have never voted Democrat or Republican, but I'm not thrilled by Trump having refused the election results. Yea there's issues with voting integrity, especially DREs. But I don't think Trump's refusal had much to do with DREs and more the fact that Republicans have lost the last 8/9 popular votes, combined with his growing authoritarianism.

As BBB32sucks was implying, the Dems aren't small-d democratic either. But at they least the accept defeat gracefully, which is 1 more component of democracy than what I'm seeing from the "Trump for God Emporer Side"

I'm happy to be proven wrong and given a reason why I should vote for Trump. I had a very bizarre 4 years during his term including an actual IRL sex life, great investment performance, a platform, and a much larger network of websites I owned. Trump's term was super liberal in a lot of ways. A lot more seemed possible.

Went briefly into pro-trump forums to ask why people are voting for him and what the point is. Was extremely dissapointed by what I saw.

I'll most likely not vote. Or I might vote Democrat for the first time as I think his mean-streak side goes too far and contributes too much to the confidence of sociopaths who see that as a green light.
I really don't see any reason to vote for Trump or Biden. The "democracy" thing is all for show anyway, it's not like we live in a democracy. Cornel West is decent, but he'll never win and even if he did, the same people will still be in power.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.